038

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I could throw up out of nerves.

Oscar and i were in his car. He was driving and i was sitting in the passenger seat, with my heart almost coming out of my chest. I didn't want to move or look at him, even when i felt his eyes on me every time we would stop at a red light. Instead of looking back, i looked at my phone, entertaining myself with pictures or videos in my gallery and going through the notes app.

— Lowie, you don't have to come if you don't want to. I can make up some excuses and drop you off at your hotel.— Oscar says.

I shake my head and briefly look at him.— No it's okay, i want to go. I promise.

— If you say so.

— Your mother is lovely, and i have to say, i love seeing her tweets making fun of you.— i say with a smile.

I finally look at him when the car stops. His fucking dreamy eyes looked back at me. It felt like a punch to the gut.

— That's one of her favorite things to do.— he shrugs his shoulders and smiles at me before looking back at the road.— I have a feeling you two will get along just fine.

— I truly hope so.— i admit, looking away for a moment.— So, how are you feeling after the race? First points at home, must feel good.

Making small talk with him might help me to ease the nerves.

— Yeah it's alright, i'm stoked about even getting points for the first time and getting them in the track i grew up in, it's just amazing.

I couldn't help but let out a laugh. Saying he was "stoked" with the most neutral voice tone was hilarious. Oscar looks at me with a smile but a confused look on his face. My laugh dies slowly, but the ghost of a smile stays on my lips. I felt his glance at my lips and i swallowed hard. The light changed to green and we both looked away.

— There's something i should tell you, my sisters can be a lot. Especially the youngest, so i'm sorry in advance for any comment that might make you feel uncomfortable.

— Don't worry Aussie, i'm prepared for that.— i reassured him.

The rest of the ride there we stayed in silence, but it wasn't an uncomfortable one. My phone kept buzzing, Franco was calling but i kept declining the calls and quickly sent him a text. I could feel Oscar's curious eyes.

— We are here

— We are here.— announces Oscar, turning the car off and turning to look at me.— Last chance to run away, Lowie.

I laugh softly and put my hand on top of his.— No way i'm running away, especially knowing i might get to hear some embarrassing stories about you.

His cheeks turn red and we both laugh, i move away and he gets out of the car. Before i could open the door, he was already doing it for me. Oscar offered me a hand and i took it without thinking about it. It felt right. I looked up and we were outside a restaurant, it looked nice, not that fancy and homey looking. We go inside, i follow his lead while looking around.