061

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I have never felt so glad about the race weekend coming to an end.

So much had happened, that i was ecstatic when the last interview of the day came to an end. I had one weekend off before the next race, and i knew exactly where i wanted to be, my dad's house. I missed my family way too much, and i needed my dad's comfort, even more after the conversation i had with Oscar yesterday. I couldn't sleep, i must have gotten an hour of sleep all night long. All i could think about was the things i said to him, i regretted every single word from the moment he walked out, i craved his presence next to me, his touch, his kisses, his voice. But it was too late.

The race wasn't that exciting. I started p15, and i finished in the same position. I was dissociated 90% of the time, completely acting on instinct.

My thoughts were completely occupied by those brown eyes. We crossed paths on the paddock, just once, right before the race, i fought demons to not look at him, but they won, and i surrendered to my wish and looked at him for a brief second, he walked right past me, our shoulders slightly brushed and our eyes connected, his eyes soften when he looked at me and i felt my knees go weak. The whole interaction lasted as long as a heartbeat, and i couldn't stop thinking about it all day long, wishing i could stop him and kiss him right there, in front of everyone and not give a single fuck. I couldn't.

— Lowieee .— i hear my name being called out from the other side of the door.

I jumped over the clothes i had on the floor and made my way to the door, opening it up and seeing Charles.— Hi Charlie.

He smiled at me and walked inside without an invitation needed.— ¿Why are you already making your suitcase?

— I'm leaving tonight.— i say, closing the door.— I have a flight in like three hours.

— ¿What? — he turns around and shakes his head.— No, you're not leaving. We are going to a party tonight, it's Miami!

I scoff and continue picking up the clothes i had all over the room.— Yes i am leaving, i already bought the plane ticket. And i'm sorry, but i'm not a huge fan of Miami.

— I know you're not, but c'mon, you deserve to have some fun tonight.— he takes the clothes away from my hands.— Look, get ready and we go to the party. And, tomorrow we will leave in my jet, straight to Monaco.

I take the clothes back.— No thanks Charlie, not a good time to put myself out there. I don't want people to hate me even more for going partying with you.

— Oh please.— he grabbed the clothes and even took out the ones that where already inside the suitcase.— Everyone is going to be there, Carlos, Lando, Mick, Oscar.

When he mentioned the last person, he moved his eyebrows up and down. I tried to smile, but i wasn't able to. Instead, i grabbed the clothes Charles took out and began folding again.

— ¿Is that not enough to convince you? — Charles asks, resigned and sitting down in the bed.

— Nope, besides, i already promised my siblings i would be there tomorrow morning, i can't let them down. Ivy will be more than happy to go tho, send her a text.

The least i could do for Ivy after leaving her alone, was getting her an invite to spend time with Charles.

I hear him sigh very loudly and then stand up next to me.— Fine, but i bet you will regret your choice when you see how much fun we will be having.

I shook my head, completely doubting that would happen. Charles sighed again, which made me laugh a bit, and he helped me fold the rest of the clothes i had left.

I had all my stuff ready to leave, Charles left about an hour ago to get ready for his party and Ivy was getting ready in the bathroom. I took my cellphone off the charger and saved it on my purse.

— Ivy! i'm leaving .— i announce, grabbing my suitcase and leaving them next to the door.

I see her a second later in front of me, with her robe, and half of her makeup done.— Have a safe flight love, and please send me a text the second you arrive.

She wraps her arms around me and i hug her back, with a smile on my face.

— I will, don't worry.— i assure her and take a step back after a moment.— And wear the red dress, i bet Charles will stare at you all night long.

Ivy's cheeks turn red and she runs back to the bathroom as i laugh. I turn around and check one last time i had everything i needed, passport, headphones, computer, phone and charger. I nod, satisfied, and opened the door to walk out, but something didn't let me, well, someone.

— Oscar.— i say in a whisper, right away.

He was standing there, with a button up shirt and  his hair was slightly wet. I grabbed the handle of my suitcase even tighter as i felt my mouth go dry.

— ¿Are you leaving already? — he asks confused, and looks one more time to the suitcase on my side.

— Yeah, my siblings miss me and i miss home.

Oscar nods and scratches the back of his hair.— Oh, okay.

We fell into a silence, just awkwardly standing there, looking at each other and waiting for someone to speak. I chose to do it, i couldn't be late for my flight.

— What can i help you with? I can't be late for my flight.— i say with an apologetic smile.

— I wanted to talk about yesterday, Lowie.

Oh.

I clear my throat as i fell it closing up.— About what, exactly.

— About us, i don't want it to end like this.— he tales a step closer, and waited for a second to see if i would move away from him. Of course i didn't, my whole body stayed still as i silently wished for him to grab me and kiss me.— I can't stand the thought of not being able to be with you, Lowie. So i'm here, asking you to reconsider. Please.

My chest hurts as those words leave his mouth.

But i don't have time to think things through as the alarm i had set for my plane began ringing. I sighed, grabbing my phone and turning it off, to then look back at Oscar.

— I'm sorry Oscar, but i can't do this right now, i'm gonna miss my flight.— i apologize sincerely, and grab my suitcase to walk out of the room.

Oscar backs up and watches me as i close the door. When i turn around, he grabs my hand and brings me closer to him, all we needed was one small push and our lips would touch. Scared, my first instinct was to look around, to check if we were alone, and Oscar gently grabbed my face to make me look back at him.

— It's okay, it's just us.— he whispers, and caresses my cheek.— you don't have to give me an answer right now, take your time. But just so you know, i will not give up that easily, i know what i want. I want you, and i'm gonna fight whoever i need to, to have you by my side.

I felt in a fairytale. I needed someone to pinch me to know if this was real.

I stared at him in awe, with my heart melting inside me, and with butterflies going crazy in my stomach. I was at loss of words, what could i possibly say back?

Luckily, he wasn't waiting for an answer back. In complete silence, he stared a bit longer to my face, and gently kissed my forehead before walking away. Leaving me like a whole mess in the middle of the hotel corridor.