025

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

The weekend was passing by as fast as a blink.

It was qualy day. Free practice was alright, Mick and i were on the top 10 on FP1 and FP3, the car felt good and it was enjoyable to drive. But now the real stuff began, Qualy was one of the most important and enjoyable parts of the weekend, and how Will Buxton "wisely" said, "You wanna star from the front because it means you got the other 21 drivers behind you". If we got past Q1 i would be satisfied, but obviously, i'm aiming for more.

We still had two hours before show time, i was lying down in my driver's room and playing with a tennis ball, throwing it upwards and then catching it. I hit my face like four times already. But all i could think of was my chat with Franco the other day and the missed calls on his phone. Probably it was nothing, but i was left with a weird feeling. I heard a knock on my door, i stood up and opened it. Oscar was here.

— Lowie hi.— he says as soon as i open.— ¿do you mind if i stay here with you?

— Not at all, come in.

I move to the side and he comes inside. I close the door and we sit down next to each other. Something was bothering him, i could tell by a simple look. I haven't known him for long but i pay attention to the little things and when he has something on his mind, he moves one of his legs up and down, and looks straight into a point with a blank expression. I grab his hand and he looks at me.

— ¿What happened? — i ask softly and he sighs.

— I'm feeling anxious and i needed to get out of my garage, and the first thing that came to my mind was finding you .— his cheeks turned a bit red and i smiled.— And don't ask me why, i don't know the answer myself.

— I wasn't gonna ask, but let me say i think is really cute how you thought of coming to me when you needed comfort.

Oscar was even more red now and he looked away. I was trying so hard not to smile bigger.

— Can we talk about anything? Please, i need some distraction.— he whispers and leans against the wall.— Tell me a story, about the book you're reading or something about you, anything.

I thought about it for a second.— One time, my best friend Ivy and i went by ourselves to Paris from Monaco. All we had to do was take a train, but we ended up all the way in Belgium because we took a sleeping pill before leaving, we didn't read the instructions beforehand and we took way too much. We slept like rocks and stayed on the train.— i laughed at the memory.— Now it's funny, but at the moment we were scared as fuck and cried like crazy. We tried to communicate with a guard but he thought we were crazy and didn't help us, i swear people looked at us like we had just escaped a psychiatric hospital.

— Woah.— Oscar says and then laughs, pulling his head back and finally relaxing.— ¿What did you do?

— We found a public phone and called Charles because i was scared to call my dad, he and Jules got to us and we all traveled back together.— my smile dies a bit but i play it off.— It was a fun trip back, we ended up staying in France like it was planned and they stayed with us.

Oscar nods and looks at me with a smile.— Thanks for this, it means a lot .— he whispers and gives my hand a squeeze.

For a moment i forgot we were holding hands, it just felt natural to do.

— Anytime, i have a lot of fun stories like that to tell you every time you need to clear your mind.

We stayed in silence, looking at each other with small smiles on our faces. Oscar was gently caressing my hand with his thumb and i felt relaxed, it was nice to feel like that after being constantly anxious thinking about the race. Oscar opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the knocking on my door.