027

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

First race of the season.

Finally, it was here, the time i had been waiting for. I didn't wake up in the best mood, but that quickly washed off as the day went off. It didn't take me that much of an effort to get up early, i took a long shower and drove to the track. I didn't take my family with me, today the press was gonna be everywhere and i didn't want them in the pictures, especially my siblings. I would always try to protect that part of my life. When my career started to be more popular i sat down with my dad and we had a serious talk about what this meant to us, from the beginning i knew i didn't want my siblings all over the internet. They can choose to be out to the public when they're older. Besides, i didn't want all of the hate i got to get to them.

Mick was waiting at one of the tables for me so we could eat breakfast together at the facilities of the team, we had agreed to always eat together before every race.

— Morning.— he says as i sit.—¿Long night?

I tilted my head in confusion.— ¿What...?

— Charles.

Fucking big mouth.

Mick drinks a bit of his coffee.— Don't get mad at him, he texted me because you weren't answering and he had to give me the whole context of what was happening.

— Cool, so i don't have to fill you in.— i say sarcastically and begin eating.

We eat in silence. I knew he wanted to say something, he and Ivy were similar in that way. They will stare at you when they're dying to say something. Speaking of Ivy, i missed her so much, i needed her the most. I finished eating not even 20 minutes later, i zoned out and didn't even notice.

— Talk to me.— Mick says and grabs one of my hands.— Please.

I sighed and looked at him.— Look, I'm fine i promise. I'm no longer sad, to be honest, I'm more pissed than anything. I hate lies, and he has done it twice in less than a week. I feel like a fool and i despise feeling like that, so i despise him at the moment for being the one making me feel like that.

— I'm in a bit of an intern dilemma right now. One side of me wants to tell you to speak to him and clear things up, but the other side wants me to say fuck him, get into your car, and let all of your anger out. Without crashing, of course.

I couldn't help but smile and i squeezed his hand.— Thanks Mick, i think i'm gonna listen to your second personality.

— Good, that was my favorite too.

We both laugh and i lay back in my seat, letting go of Mick's hands.

— Now one question for you, ¿what happened with the girl at the club?

His cheeks turned red in a second and my smile grew wider. I clap my hands in celebration.

— Ha! i knew it. And you were so quiet about it you little shit, tell me everything.

— Okay okay.— he laughs nervously and hands me his phone.— Her name is Laila, she's from Denmark and she's a model. We have been texting nonstop since we met and we are going out tonight, after the race.

I let out a cheer as i read their texts, there were a lot. I gave him his phone back and clapped again.

— I'm so happy for you Mick. And of course, i am dying to meet her.— i saw a scared look on his face so i quickly added.— when you're ready, of course.

Mick let out a relieved sigh and nodded.—Yeah, i will introduce you two someday, i think you will get along just fine.

— I hope so, she can join Luisa, Ivy, and me on our dates.