047

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

Oscar's POV

I was the happiest man alive right now.

The girl i have been dreaming of for the last few months is right in front of me, with her back turned to me and cooking some homemade pasta at my house. She was truly a fan of pasta, just like me. Mark would kill me if he knew how many times we have eaten pasta this past few days, but just if he knows, which he won't. Lowie and i promised each other to not say a word about not following our diet. We just wanted to chill for a few days, blame us.

She was doing all the work with the dough, i was a few steps back, looking at her like an idiot. Her hair was up with a hair clip, an apron covering her clothes, well my clothes actually, and she looked really focused on what she was doing, her forehead was slightly frowned and her lips were pressed on a line. I was fighting myself not to grab her and kiss her right there. I had to work on it, especially since we are going back to reality in just a few days. In the paddock or anywhere public i couldn't just kiss her, or hug her, i was even scared of looking at her, according to Lando my eyes gave me away when it came to what i felt when she was around. I can't help it, she has me in the palm of her hand. It was truly scary how fast I caught feelings, but I don't regret it one bit.

I don't wanna look at anything else now that i saw her.

— Oscar darling, could you pass me the salt? — Lowie says and i can't help but smile at the nickname.

— Right away.— i quickly grabbed the salt that was next to me and walked up to her, i left the salt next to the dough and took advantage of my proximity to leave a single kiss on her cheek.— ¿Do you need help?

— Yeah, more kisses, please.

I scoff and put my arms around her waist.— Oh and i'm the needy one? Funny.

Willow laughs and hits me right in the stomach with her elbow.— Now i don't want anything, thanks.

— Ouch — i say taking a step back, laughing, and holding my stomach.

I lay back on the aisle, and i smile at the memory of her sitting on it and everything that happened after. I have smiled so much since that day, that my cheeks hurt daily. Kissing her again felt like being on top of the world, the first time it also felt like that but not so much afterward, we didn't speak to each other and when we cleared things up it all went badly for me, those next days felt like hell, seeing her on the races and not saying anything else besides "hi" was torture, i had thought about trying to speak to her a lot of times, Lando would encourage it and Logan would stop me to talk some sense into me. And Logan's side won every time. Luckily for me, my dear mum asked her to join us for dinner that one night in Australia, and everything has been wonderful since.

— ¿What sauce are we making? — i ask, grabbing a wooden spoon and playing around with it.

— ¿Do you like pesto? We could add some chicken for the protein.

— That sounds like a plan.— i turn around and grab everything we could need from my pantry.

I stocked everything the second i got here, i wanted to have everything she could want.

I turned back around after i left everything on top of the aisle and Lowie was looking at me, with a smile and a bit of flour on her face, which i brushed off with my fingers.