023

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

Oscar's POV.

I didn't know what to say.

She was standing there and looking at me impatiently but nervous at the same time, and i couldn't get words to come out of my mouth, i tried but i wouldn't budge.

Flashback...

Charles had dragged us to the dance floor, it wasn't my thing so most of the time i was just standing there awkwardly. Willow on the other hand seems to be having the time of her life. It was nice seeing her like this, relaxed and just enjoying herself. I offered to take her glass since it was empty, and she accepted but before i could take a step away someone pushed her and she fell right into my arms. I almost dropped the glass to make sure she didn't fall to the floor.

Saving her from kissing the floor once again.

I smiled at her and was about to let go so i could leave, but with just one look at her i didn't want to move. I was holding her tightly, i didn't want to let go and i didn't know why, it just felt right to have her next to me, to hold her this close. She was looking at me like she was trying to look beyond my eyes, and that made me even more nervous, but i didn't look away. Holding eye contact with her was difficult for me, for some reason, i knew my cheeks were red, but hers were too. Almost as red as her lipstick.

Why was i looking at her lips? and why did i want to look again?

— Hi there .— she whispers.

Her breath smelled like vodka and coke, i wasn't a huge fan but right now i didn't mind at all.

— Hi. — i whisper back and she laughs softly.

It felt like we were inside of a bubble. Everything else was silent, all i could hear was my heart beating like crazy.

What the fuck was happening to me? It was probably the anxiety before the race.

— Guys! — screams Charles coming up to us, breaking the bubble.

I quickly let go of Willow and look at Charles. He was wasted and with another drink in his hand, he was this drunk before we even got here.

— ¿What? — asks Willow.

— There's an after-party, wanna go?

I shook my head immediately. There was no way i would go to another party after this, i have had enough for the day. And i didn't think it was a good idea to let Charles go either, but it wasn't my place to say anything.

— Yeah! count me in! — she says and they high-five.

Yeah no, i wouldn't let that happen.

The two of them took off immediately, so i walked quickly to catch up and grab Willow's hand to stop her, and since she was holding Charles' arm they both stopped.

— I don't think is a good idea for you two to go to that.

— Why? — Willow asks me and pouts.

Fuck.

— Because... — i look around, trying to come up with something and luckily for me, Mick shows up.— Mick is gonna tell you why is not a good idea.

The blonde guy looks confused at me but backs me up without even asking.— Because if you go, you won't be able to... see the chicken.

— ¿¡Chicken!? I want to see the chicken! — Charles claims excitedly and puts one of his arms around Mick's shoulders.— Let's go and see that chicken.