075

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I took off my glasses and put them on my head as I sighed.

We were waiting for Grace to appear. And when I say we, I mean myself, Charles, Mick, and Oscar. The deal was just Oscar with me, but they all wanted to come. The only way I agreed was if they all sat down at a table near us. I didn't want to scare her off. They agreed, reluctantly but they agreed. I looked at my phone one more time, and re-read her last message. She told me she would be here in 10 minutes, that was 15 minutes ago. So she was either going to walk through that door any second now or this was all a scam and nothing was going to happen. I ordered myself a coffee, it was pretty good, but i finished it all in one sip due to my anxiety. I could feel the judgment coming from the table over. I didn't pay attention to them and ordered myself another.

— Hi Willow.— says a feminine voice.

I look up and smile when I see her.— Hello Grace.— I stand up and greet her with a short hug.— I have to say, for a second I thought you wouldn't show up.

She laughs and sits in front of me.— Yeah sorry, I don't speak Spanish so it was a bit difficult to talk to the taxi driver that drove me here.

I scoff and take a glance at my friends at the other table. Charles does a quick nod of approval, assuring me it is her, and I look back at Grace.

— Do you want to order something? — I asked, I wanted to ask her right away why she was helping us, but I didn't want to be rude.

— Yeah, I'm a bit thirsty.

I let her order, and i take a second to try and read her body language. Her shoulders were relaxed and she wasn't trying to have a perfect posture, her arms were casually resting on the table and she smiled the whole time while asking for her food. She was pretty, blonde, with green eyes, and a few noticeable freckles.

— Okay then, I'll repeat what i said on the phone, but face to face.— oh thank god she was the one to bring it up.— I want to help you and your friend to get revenge. Franco messed up big time, and he messed with me too many times, i have my reasons.

I took a deep breath and nodded.— and how do you want to help us?

— I know things about him and his career that no one else knows.— Grace clears her throat.— And i'm still a friend of his in his eyes, which means i can still get new information. That's how i got your number as i mentioned yesterday, i got into his phone and copied your number. I can do it again, but search for something else.

Well, that was enough to convince me. I smiled and offered her my hand, she shook it and we laughed.

— Thank you, Grace. I'm glad my friend reached out to you.

— I'm glad too, but god, what a strange name he has. I don't think i have ever heard it before, at least not someone born in this century.

I nod with a smile.— Yeah, it suits him well tho, he's one of a kind.— i play with the ring on my fingers.— Look, here's our plan right now. We have a friend who can get information to spread out quickly, and it will have even more impact now because of the amount of recognition he's getting. It's the perfect time, but we are missing the most crucial part, the information. That's where you come in, what can you tell me right now?

Grace takes a sip of her recently brought coffee.— Well, he's on the search for sponsors to make it to F2, and he accepted money from a company of dubious origin. He also has a few blemishes on his record. He received the opportunity to drive in Formula 2 this season because of a contact, a contact that is strong enough within the sport.