051

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

It was race day.

I have been dying for this day to come, to finally get behind the wheel for almost two hours and fight for positions. I was starting p8, it wasn't that bad, at least i was in the top 10, and if i managed to keep that position until the end of the race i would still get points, but i wasn't so happy about it because i knew i could do better, i had the car and i knew this track pretty well, but i wasn't fully myself yesterday, my mind wasn't where it's supposed to be, and it all had a reason.

I have been bumping nonstop into Franco, and it was the most annoying thing ever. Not even when we were friends we would see each other this much during the weekend, and it was messing with my head. We haven't spoken since Friday, and god has tried to get me to say at least a word to him, but i dodge him every single time. Always trying to keep a smile on my face, we had photographers on almost every corner and i didn't want to leave a bad impression.

— Ready for the day? — asks Evelyn, handing me my bottle of water with the Porsche logo on it.— We have time to do a quick stretch.

— Yeah i am, can't wait to get in the car and forget about everything but racing.

— ¿Forget about what, exactly? — she asks, slightly frowning.— ¿Did something happened?

I smile at her, trying to wash away the worried look on her face.— No nothing happened, don't worry. ¿What stretches do you have in mind? Please go easy on me.

— Give me a second, i'm gonna check our schedule.

She goes on her phone, taking her attention off me and allowing me to stop faking a smile, my cheeks were starting to hurt. I took a deep breath and looked around us, we were hanging next to the Porsche facilities, a quiet place to get some peace before the race. A familiar face popped on one of the corners, and i smiled at him, inviting him to come closer.

— Charlie, bonjour.— i say and walk up to him to hug him.— Tu veux t'étirer avec nous?

(wanna stretch with us?)

— I would love to, but Andrea will make me feel like i'm cheating on him. — he jokes and we both laugh.— ¿do you want to grab dinner with me after the race? Arthur, Lorenzo, and Andrea will be there as well, but we both know you're just going because i'm gonna be there.

I roll my eyes with a smile.— Yeah sure, ¿no party? Woah.

— Yeah i know, even i feel weird about it.— he gives me two kisses on the cheeks and takes a few steps backward.— Okay then, I'll pick you up at 10.

I nod and he walks away, i turn around to face Evelyn and she looks up.— He left just in time, c'mon, get in position.

I was feeling a lot better afterward, but i had no time to lose, so i walked through the paddock to get to the garage, i had to get my racing suit on and braid my hair. It was way more comfortable and it didn't take me much time. I waved and smiled at a few photographers, but my smile flaked when i saw Franco, he was about to walk up to me so i quickly turned around and almost ran the opposite way, running into someone.

— I'm so sorry, i wasn't looking.— i say worried, but i relax once i look up.— Oh it's you.

— ¿What does that mean? Is it okay to hit me since it's me? — Mick asks and i laugh, intertwining our arms and we keep on walking.— I was looking for you actually, we need to get ready.

— Yeah i was on my way to the garage.

He nods and briefly looks over his shoulder.— ¿Who were you running from?