006

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

It was a new day, today i felt a lot better than yesterday. Even tho we left in the early hours of the morning, my two siblings had all the energy in the world for some reason and wouldn't go to sleep, and we didn't want to leave my dad alone, dealing with those two, so we played with them, read books and even shook them to get the energy off.

Today it was time for having lunch with my dad's side of the family. I adored them, they would always show their support for what i do. My family wasn't really that big, there were my grandparents, two adorable old people, there was also my aunt and her two daughters, one was 10 and the other one was 15, and my uncle, with his wife and son. Now that i think about it and do the math, we were a bit of a big group.

— My baby! .— Grandma shouted when she saw me and i ran to give her a hug.— You look more beautiful every day.

— Awh thanks mama, you look gorgeous, is that a new necklace?

— Oh yeah, your Tata got it for me for our anniversary.

I looked over at my grandad, who had a proud look on his face.— Go off Tata.— i say with a smile and hug him.

My family made a line to say hi and congratulate me. I felt a bit overwhelmed but there was nothing i could do about it, they were my family and i had to appreciate the time we got to spend together. I sat down next to my cousins and grabbed water to drink.

— So, ¿how are you? .— the youngest asked, with a mischievous smile.

— Uhm, i'm good you know, what about u?

— Yellow, you got a boyfriend?

I almost spit the water i had in my mouth, but luckily i didn't. My cheeks turned red, i knew everyone could see that but i tried to play it off.

— I don't have a boyfriend and wow, you really wanted to ask that, why? .— i crossed my arms.

— You clearly do based on your reaction and yes, i wanted to ask that because i have seen a few things.

The look of shock i had on my face right now.

— I have seen a few things too.— added her older sister and i gave her a threatening look.— What? i'm curious too.

— What have you seen? if you care to enlighten me, because i have no idea.

Ivy next to me hid a laugh.

— You. A cute boy. Hugging and looking lovingly into each other's eyes. — the youngest said and batted her eyes with a dreamy look.

— And hanging at a club. Like really close.

I wanted to kill these two.

I sighed.— There's nothing to it, he's one of my best friends and i really like spending time with him. That's it, no secret lover o anything.

They all stayed in silence for a while, looking directly at me. Even Marco, my only male cousin hadn't paid attention to the entire conversation until they asked about a boyfriend.

— We don't believe you, and we will be waiting for the day you introduce him to us as your boyfriend.

— Yeah, and then we will be attending their wedding.— adds Marco with a grin.

I just rolled my eyes, ignored them, and drank more water. My face was burning up, it was becoming unbearable and they all noticed, but before anyone could make fun of me and make me even more uncomfortable, Ivy made a comment and changed the whole subject, saving me once again. She truly was the best.

— I'm pretty sure the market down the streets will have everything we need. Let's go there, i don't wanna walk that much .— complained Ivy with a pout.

I rolled my eyes.— Fine, let's go.

The walk to the market took us only ten minutes, and once we got there we decided to go in different directions to get everything as quickly as possible. Ivy was in charge of getting things to drink and i would get the food. We grabbed our shopping cars and i went straight to the aisle to my right. We chose to put a limit on the time we had, in one hour we had to meet at the cashier.

I knew what i had to get, i grabbed a lot of vegetables, meat, and tofu for my vegan cousin. My car was full at this point, i went a bit far in the snacks section because we were planning on watching a movie and i also picked up some stuff to take to my place. I was finally free to eat whatever i wanted, at least for a few days since my trainer decided to get off my back as a reward for winning. She wasn't that bad, we would have "cheat days" together now and then, and she really made me enjoy training.

— ¿Willow?

I turned around a bit scared from hearing my name out of the blue, and my eyes stopped at a familiar face.— ¿Arthur? Hi!

I quickly gave him a hug. I had seen him not too long ago, but it still feels good to see him. We grew up together, my dad was really good friends with his dad, and now is still friends with his mom. Back in the day, we would travel together to compete in karting, alongside Charles.

— Congrats on the title! you deserve it more than anyone .— he says, still hugging me tightly.— it's a bit of a bummer tho, it would've been really fun to run against you next year.

— Wait what? You got into Formula 2?!

He nodded with a smile and this time i was the one hugging him.— I'm so proud of you thurthur! I knew you would.

— Thanks lowie, i wanted to race with Prema but Dams offered me an amazing deal and i couldn't say no. You know how it is. 

— Oh Dams? alongside Iwasa, that's cool. — i knew they would be great teammates.— Wait we need to celebrate this, we are doing a barbacoa at my dad's house right now, you should all come.

— Yeah? Would your dad be cool with it?

— Don't be silly.— i rolled my eyes with a smile.— my dad would love the idea! bring your brothers and mom, the more the merrier.

— Ok awesome, i will call them right away and we will be there.

He gave me two kisses on my cheeks and walked away. I went back to the isles i had already walked through, to grab a bit more of everything now that there were more mouths to feed. I made it quick and walked to the place i had to meet Ivy, and there she was, looking at her phone.

— Sorry, i had to grab more because we have visitors later today.

— ¿Who is coming? .— she asked putting away her phone and starting to grab everything from our carts to check them.

— The Leclercs, i ran into Arthur and told him to bring everyone over. He got a set for Formula Two next year and we had to celebrate.

— Cool.— she almost whispered and continued taking everything out.

I didn't say anything, just smiled and paid for the stuff. As we were walking back, i noticed how silent she had gotten.

— Nervous about seeing Charles?

— Oh shut up, anyone with two functional eyes has a crush on him, he's so hot.

— Yeah i agree, he really is one of a kind.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Just to clarify, Willow speaks in French when she's with the Leclerc's and with her own family, but I'm not gonna write everything in French, so i just write it in English to make it easier to understand :)