060

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

A sigh left my lips as I closed the door behind me.

Finally, a second to myself. I was surrounded by people all day long, when I arrived at the garage, they took me straight to the medical center and Frankie was by my side, as well as Ivy. The medics ran a few tests to verify if I was fine, which I was, just a small scratch. Afterwards, I had a few interviews, I did the usual press roll and I was bombarded with questions about what just happened, and of course, a few questions about the rumors. Those I didn't answer, I just stayed silent until the interviewer asked something else, and if they didn't, I said my goodbyes and moved on. It was the most polite I could act when I was fuming inside.

The last thing to do for the day was a meeting with the team. I had to be dragged by Frankie toward the meeting room, I truly didn't want to be there, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. We went over the race and paid special attention to the accident. I defended my ground and pointed the second the brakes didn't work. They heard me, even tho it was a bit too late, and they assured me they would look into it. From what i know, there are a group of engineers working on that right now.

— There you are.— says Ivy, standing up from my bed and walking up to me.— Frankie told me to wait for you here.

I look at her.— Yeah i had interviews as always. And a team meeting.

I walk inside the room and take off my shoes. All i wanted to do was to put on my pajamas, lay in bed, and fall asleep until tomorrow. I looked at Ivy, hoping badly she had some plans for tonight, i love her to death, but i needed a second.

— Aw baby.— she grabs my hands and looks into my eyes.— I know that look on your face, and luckily for you i was invited to a party. I will be back before sunrise, i promise.

I sigh, with an embarrassed smile.— You know me so well, what a blessing. Please take care, and remember i'm a call away.

We hug, she grabs her belongings and walks out the door. Now, when i am alone, i grab my pajamas and walk to the bathroom. A shower was much needed right now, i took a quick one at the medic center but it wasn't the same. I turn on the water, close the door just as a precaution, and take my clothes off. Meanwhile, the water warms up, i stare at my body in the mirror, and for the first time since i was a teenager, i don't feel comfortable with what i'm seeing.

I was usually embarrassed by my body in my early teens, but i grew out of that phase thanks to the help of my dad, Ivy, and Charles. But now it was different this time, and it wasn't the new scars or the few bruises i had from the previous accidents. I moved to the sides, trying to figure out what it was, i had the same body type for years now, maybe now it was a bit different due to the higher requirement of exercise F1 had. It was the outside world that was changing the way i saw myself, and all thanks to the rumor going around. Before that, my body wasn't commented on as much, but now, it is. I took a minute to read comments on the way here, a huge mistake but whatever, and most of them were pointing out flaws i had i didn't even know existed. They took the time to go back to a few posts i had in a swimsuit and filled in the comments. I had to limit them.

I shook my head, this wasn't what i needed, what i needed was the warm water to wash off all the worries i had at the moment, at least for the night.

I felt better when i walked out of the bathroom. My hair was still dumped and i had my pajamas on, i took the time to take off my makeup and do my skincare. It was better than therapy. All i had left before falling asleep was to brush my hair, i would dry it, but my eyes burned at this point. I sat down in my bed and turned my laptop on, i answered a few texts from my dad as i brushed my hair, and put on a show to fall asleep to. My choice was Modern Family, one of my favorites, but before the episode began, i heard a knocking on my door. I stood up, leaving my hairbrush on top of the bed, and walked up to the door. I sighed and opened the door. Oscar was there, and i just then remembered the deal we had of talking about what happened today, after Qualy.