037

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I got out of the car after that messy race.

I didn't even know in which position i finished. All i wanted to do was to get out of the car and take a quick rest. I took my helmet off and the balaclava, i handed it to Frankie and i took a bottle of water. I had media duties in five minutes. I ran to my driver's room to freshen up really quickly, i changed into a new race suit, i fixed my hair, and washed my face. Now i was somewhat presentable for the camera. When i got out of the room, a girl was waiting for me. Her name was Mia and she's usually by my side when it comes to media, she had access to my social media to post pictures and she was the one to tell me what to say or not. She was really nice, but she took her job really seriously and she can be quite scary when it comes to what i can't say.

— ¿Ready? —she asks with a smile and hands me my bottle of water.— They're waiting.

— As ready as i will ever be.

I follow her lead and we go straight to the infamous room where all the cameras are. A few drivers were already here, such as Lance, Gasly, and Logan. Mia pointed to one of the cameras and we went there for the first interview.

— Willow Harris, hi.— says a man with a friendly smile.— ¿How are you? ¿Long race?

— Hi. I'm alright, a bit tired but nothing out of the ordinary.— i shrugged my shoulders with a smile.— And yes, it was a really long and hard race. There were a lot of things going on, the first lap already had a yellow flag, six laps later a red one, and near the finish two back-to-back red flags. And in the middle, i was still fighting for positions, defending, and struggling with the tyres. Tonight i'm gonna sleep for ten hours minimum.

The interviewer laughs.— You deserve those 10 hours, thanks for your time, Willow. Take care.

I smile at him and move to the next interview. With Mia by my side at all times, recording every word that came out of my mouth. All of the questions were about the mess this race was, and i answered every single one of them with a smile on my face and a friendly tone. I was finally in the last interview of the day, and after this i was free.

— Willow, ¿Do you think that last lap under the safety car was truly necessary?

— Not at all, i believe the race could've ended without that one-lap. No positions would change, there's no way anyone could win a position in the only two meters we got to race without the safety car. But it is how it is, if they tell us to do that one last lap, we will do it.

The interviewer opened his mouth to say something else, but his eyes moved to something behind me. Before i could turn around, i felt one arm around my shoulders. Mick.

— ¿Are you done yet? It's my turn.— he jokes with a smile and i laugh.

— Be patient, it's still my turn.

Mick doesn't move, i roll my eyes with a smile and look back at the guy.— Sorry, please continue.

— No worries.— he grins and looks at the papers he was holding.— Last question, you and your teammate here, have achieved really solid results, ¿are you confident about having a good season?

I feel Mick nodding.— Yes, i am pretty confident, and needless to say, my dear teammate here feels the same way. We have a good car, an incredible team, and the pace, so I'm pretty confident we will keep those solid results for the rest of the season. Obviously, we can't predict the future, but i will do my best to make that happen.

— Thanks Willow. Take care.

I smile, taking a step back and Mick moves his arm. I slightly hit the back of his head and turned around to leave the room. Just as i looked up, my gaze met two familiar brown eyes. I quickly look away, almost forgetting how to breathe, and continue walking, being followed up close by Mia. She was checking something on her phone as we made our way back to the Porsche facilities. And once we got there, she looked at me.