005

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

Home sweet home.

Nothing compared to the feeling of coming home, sleeping in your bed, and using your things. Because of how my job works, i don't spend much time at home, but i appreciate every single day i get to spend here. Ever since i was little i wanted to live alone, it's not that i hated my old house or i hated the people i lived with, it's quite the opposite, i loved living with my dad and siblings, but i always had this need for independence, i always dreamed of how i would decorate my room, my bathroom or my living room. I got to make that dream come true at a young age, thanks to the effort of my dad to keep me karting even tho it was expensive and we didn't have all the money in the world.

It was difficult at first, but my dad never gave up, he was always more enthusiastic than me. Every time after practice, he would take me home and remind me how much trust he had in me and my gift, as he calls it. At one point, when i was older, i was the one that wanted to quit, not because i didn't like it anymore, it was because i saw how my dad struggled, how he would buy himself clothes only when the ones he had were shattered, but he would constantly buy me things and wouldn't bat an eye if i needed to buy something related to karting.

Thankfully, we got help. A family friend, who we would always run into at karting, asked to speak with my dad and offered him a hand, he wasn't rich or anything, but he was doing better and could afford to help us. That friend also had his kids doing karting, and after that little push everything became better for my dad and i, so after a while we were the ones helping them and paying them back.

— ¿At what time does your dad want us at his place? .— Ivy asked, lying down on the couch.

— In an hour. — i sat down next to her and closed my eyes.— I'm so tired it's absurd.

— You should drink a coffee or get an energy drink. We will stop by on our way there.

Ivy and i didn't live together, We did for a while, but then she moved to her place, just two floors up from my apartment. We would take turns, some days at her place and the others at mine, it was amazing.

— ¿What were our plans again? .— she asked, looking at her phone and typing something.

— Today we just go to say hi, tomorrow lunch with our family and possibly dinner. Past tomorrow is free at the moment.

I knocked, standing in front of the door with a huge smile i couldn't hide. My dad was the one to open it, and i jumped into his arms.

— Hi pumpkin, i missed you so much.

— I missed you too, you have no idea.— i say without letting go.

— Wait, now you're my world-champion pumpkin!

I let go of him and laughed.— I guess i am.

— Awh my baby, i couldn't be prouder.— and he hugged me again.

We stayed like that for a moment, without saying a word and just holding each other. And all i could think of was how he had hugged me the same way i told him i wanted to do karting, mini I couldn't imagine how far we had come.

— Hi dad .— Ivy said behind me.— missed you too.

My dad let go of me and hugged Ivy with a smile. He wasn't her biological dad, obviously, but Ivy doesn't have a good relationship with her dad, She grew up around mine, and my dad would always try to make her feel like one more of the family, sending her gifts for her birthday and taking both of us out.

— My two special girls. Please, come inside.

We did and went straight to the living room. There were my two siblings, and they ran up to me in the blink of an eye. I was able to catch them both, they were still small so it wasn't that hard. Lily was my little sister, she was only five and she was a walking demon, but i loved her to death. Mateo was 6, and he was quite the opposite, you wouldn't even notice he was there until he spoke. These two were my whole world, alongside my dad and Ivy.

My mom left when they were around 2 years old, so they don't have many memories of her and they consider me their mother figure, which is a lot of responsibilities i had put on my shoulders at a young age, but i would do anything for them. It's better for all of us if they don't remember her, dad and i don't have to give them explanations we don't even have an answer to. It sucks how much both of them look like her, Lily had her eyes, and Mateo had her smile. She had to make it hard for us, it was her specialty,

— ¡Lowie! I missed you so much.— Lily screamed in my ear.— Dad tells us you won, did you?

— Of course, she did, she's the best .— Mateo answered before me and hugged me by the neck.— ¿where's the trophy?

— I have to wait for a bit, they do this whole ceremony to give it to me.

— ¿Are we going to be there? — my little sister asked.

I wasn't sure they could, and i didn't want to tell them that when they were giving me the most enormous puppy eyes i had ever seen. Thankfully, Ivy stepped in.

— ¿Did you two not miss me? That's rude!

They started to move around so i would let go, and i did, as soon as their little legs touched the ground they ran into Ivy's arm. Using that as the perfect distraction, i got out of there, searching for my dad to talk to him about it. I heard his voice from the kitchen, so that's where i went.

—I know, i will talk to her about it when she has a minute. She just got here, i don't wanna do it just yet...

I stayed behind the wall for a moment, eavesdropping his conversation. I wasn't proud of it but i was curious.

— Ok, i will get back to you as soon as i have an answer, i promise.

Luck wasn't on my side, because my phone started ringing. I cussed as i declined the call and went inside the kitchen, trying to act as naturally as possible.

— Hi dad, i was looking for you. ¿Is everything ok?

He quickly hangs up the call and smiles at me.— Here i am, everything is just perfect, i was making sure the food i made was fine and i didn't burn it.

— Burning food is your signature, ¿how could you not do it?

— Ha ha, very funny. — my phone rang again.— You should answer that two times in a row means it's important.

I got my phone out of my pocket, it was Franco, i felt my cheeks turn red.— I'll be back in a second.

I heard his laugh as i walked away.— You know i will ask you about that later on!

I didn't answer and went outside the house, standing in the backyard i grew up in. I took a deep breath and answered the call.

Hi lowie.— he says with a happy tone.

— Hi, sorry it took me so long to answer.

Don't worry about it, i just wanted to hear your voice.

I rolled my eyes with a smile.— That's so sappy. But i like it.

You had me scared for a moment there.— we both laugh.— ¿How was the trip?

— It was alright, i slept most of the time. I swear, i have never felt more tired in my life, my whole body hurts.

Luckily for you, you can rest now. And i really mean it Lowie, rest and sleep for 20 hours if you feel like it. 

I smiled.— I will eventually, don't worry. But i don't think i will be able to do so in the next few days, you know how it is, my whole family is coming to visit.