032

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I woke up with a huge headache.

I wanted to stay in bed, but i couldn't because i wasn't at my own house. So with all of my willpower, i got up and went straight to the shower. We got here at 7 am, we got breakfast with Mick's family and then he sent me straight to bed, i tried to refuse but it was of no use, Gina took me to what would be my room for the next few days. It was currently 11 am, i only slept for two hours but it felt rested enough. I did my makeup routine to cover up my eye bags and got dressed. Someone knocked on the door so i quickly went over to open it, when i saw it was Mick i grabbed his hand and pulled him inside the room.

— ¿What happened? — he asked confused.

I unlocked my phone, went to the message app, and handed it to him.— Look at the texts i woke up to.

As he read them, i finished brushing my hair. I heard him gasp and i laughed a bit.

— That was my exact reaction. — i said leaning against the door frame with my arms crossed.

— ¿Will you hate me if i say you should answer Oscar first? I mean, he said please!

— I won't hate you, it's your opinion.— i shrugged my shoulders and got my phone back.— I'm not sure what to do yet, so what about we do something else to get my mind occupied?

He got up from bed in one jump.— That reminds me why i came here, my mom asks if you're allergic to anything or if you don't like some type of food.

— Nope, no allergies, and i will eat anything your mom makes.

Mick rolls his eyes with a smile and leaves the room. I left right behind him and the both of us went inside the kitchen, where Corinna was cooking.

— ¿Do you need help with anything? — i ask politely, washing my hands.

— No sweetie, it's alright, go and have fun.

— ¿Are you sure? I'll be more than happy to do anything, chopping vegetables or anything.

Corinna laughed.— Yes i'm sure, go to the backyard, enjoy the day.

I nodded with a smile and i went outside through the kitchen door. I was so amused by this house, it was beautiful, and just by being inside you felt warm and in peace. The backyard was huge, all i could do was imagine mini Mick running around and being a pain in the ass.

— The famous Willow Harris, is an honor to have you at my house.— says someone from behind me, i turned around and almost choked when i saw Michael.— I have heard a lot about you and i have seen your races, you're really good.

— Thank you, it means a lot to hear it from you.—i managed to say and smile at him.

— ¿How was the first race? We all watched you two, p5 is really impressive, you must be feeling good.

I shrugged my shoulders.— I am, i was feeling over the moon that day, but if I'm being honest i feel more pressure now. I feel like i need to keep getting this kind of results or everyone is gonna come for me.

I looked away, focusing on the beautiful views as i felt Michael's gaze on me. I was telling him exactly how i felt and i felt vulnerable.

— Look kid, I'm not gonna say you're wrong because i know how it is, and yes, people will come for you as soon as you drop your results even a tiny bit. Believe me, it was not pretty finishing third in 2005 and second in 2006 after winning 7 titles and the comments people made really got under my skin, it made me not enjoy racing as much as before, that's a huge part of why i decided to retire, aside from wanting to enjoy some time with the kids.— he sighed.— But now, looking back at it all, i regret letting that affect me so much and taking away from me the only thing i enjoyed in life, don't let them do that to you as well. It's your first season, and you will make a thousand mistakes and that's alright, you're just getting used to all this.