003

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

I quickly looked behind me, scared that could be a random person, but i relaxed once i saw Franco's face. He looked a bit nervous, his shoulders were tense and so was his jaw, so i turned around, with a smile on my face and put my arms around his neck as i kept dancing. He relaxed instantly, kept his hands on my waist, and danced along with a smile.

I felt my knees go weak.

As we danced, we kept getting closer and closer, and his eyes wouldn't leave mine. I could feel his breath in my face, and a soft smell of tequila. Now i was the nervous one, my heart started to beat faster, and it was taking a lot of effort to maintain eye contact. But i played it off and kept dancing, moving my hips alongside the music, it didn't help tho, feeling his strong hands hold me and touch my waist made me weak in every way possible.

— You look beautiful tonight.— he whispered and looked at my lips for a split second, but i caught it.— Well, you look beautiful every day.

And i feel perfectly fine.

— ¿Even when i get out of the car and my hair is a mess? — i joked out of nerves.

He softly laughed and nodded.— Especially then.

— You're too cute.

Y tú me volves loco flaca.*

I frowned with a smile.— ¿what does that mean? My level of Spanish is not that high yet.

— I'll tell you later, now let's dance.

We kept dancing, and the tension was still there. Every touch made my heart skip a bit, every innocent smile and how his fingers gently caressed my back. At that moment, i questioned everything, i wanted to kiss him but there was so much that could go wrong. We have been friends for years now, and it could all go to hell for a kiss. Things could get awkward after this, and everything would change for the worse. But my body aches for a kiss from him, and something tells me he feels the same way.

Maybe we could blame it on alcohol and just keep being friends, act like nothing happened and who knows, in a few years we could joke about this. Or, in the less likely scenario, he had feelings for me and this kiss would encourage him to confess, or maybe encourage me to tell him how i feel.

Yeah no, that wasn't happening anytime soon.

I have had a crush on Franco for a while now, besides being physically attractive, he was a sweetheart. Always checking if i'm fine, calling me after every race to congratulate me, no matter what position i finish in, always paying attention to the small details, and listening to what i have to say. Ivy knew about this, and every time we talked about it she tried to get me to tell him everything, but i always refused.

— ¿Do you want to go outside? it's getting kinda hot in here.— he whispered in my ear, sending an electric wave through my body.

I nodded, he grabbed my hand and we made our way back upstairs, but before that, we made a quick stop at the bar to get a drink. The room we were in had a balcony, and a few people were hanging out there. We decided to stand by the barrier, to catch the fresh air. I took a deep breath as i closed my eyes, i still couldn't believe what had happened in the last 10 hours. I wasn't sure i would ever take it all in.

— ¿What are you thinking about? .— asked Franco, looking at me with curiosity in his eyes.

— Everything. Winning the championship, i still can't believe it.

— I can only imagine how you feel right now, it must be quite a shocking thing to live.

I nodded, playing with the rings on my fingers.— I felt like this when i won the Formula 3 championship last year, but i'm a bit more excited this time.

— You must be, it's a higher category and your way to make it to the top. Well, cheers for your accomplishment and for the ones to come.

We raised our glasses, mine had a drink i don't remember the name of, but i knew it had vodka. It was really good.

— And what are your plans for next year? Wishing for a seat or to be a reserve driver?

— I don't know, my manager tried to talk to me about it this last month but i refused .— i let out a laugh.— i didn't want to think about the future while i was battling for the championship, i just wanted to live in the moment. Being a reserve driver is not that bad, you get to do testing and follow the races from up close, but i would kill to have a seat.

— I'm sure you will get called from many teams, you're an amazing driver and everyone knows that.

His comment made me smile and i slightly tilted my head to the side.— You're way too sweet.

— Just telling the truth, you're amazing at driving, you're funny, and you're stunning. — he sighed, getting one string of hair away from my face.— It's really unfair.

— ¿Why is it unfair?

— Because it makes it impossible to not like you.

We didn't say anything else. It's not like we needed to. Once again he looked at my lips, but this time he didn't even try to hide it and that made me blush. One of his hands caressed my cheek so softly i almost didn't feel it, and he moved closer. I fell into temptation and i looked at his lips for a few seconds, and then looked up at his eyes one more time. I was willing to break the distance between us, there was nothing i wanted more than to kiss him, but my phone started ringing. I wanted to ignore it, i wanted to stay in this moment, but it started ringing again, and when i read the name i knew i had to answer. I sighed taking a step back.

— I'm sorry, i have to take this.— i whispered to Franco and took a few steps away.— Hi Dad.

Hi baby, how are you? how is the party going?

— It's fine, we are having an amazing time. I wish you could be here, i miss your dad jokes and moves.

I heard him laugh.— I know, i make parties great. Are you being careful?

— I always am.

Mhm, i'm gonna act as i believe you. I'm gonna let you enjoy the rest of the night, remember you and Ivy have a flight to catch tomorrow afternoon! Don't be late.

— We won't dad, I've been dying to go back home.

Great, see you then pumpkin!

As i hung up, i let out a small sigh and turned around. Franco was still smiling, and i smiled back.

— Your dad? — he asked.

— Mhm, he was checking on me and reminding me of my flight tomorrow.

And silence again, but this time it was different. All the tension we were building up was still there, but now it was a bit awkward, as neither of us knew what to do to get back in the mood we were in before the call. I really wanted to have him close to me, looking into his eyes and just feeling him. I took a few steps to get close again, as an attempt to show my intentions, but he beat me to it. 

Franco grabbed my face with his hands and kissed me.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

* and you drive me crazy (i don't know how to translate "flaca", it's like an affectionate way to call a woman)