077

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

two months later...

Spa-Francorchamps is one of my favorite circuits, but i hated the weather 90% of the time. This circuit has a lot of history, and lives have been lost on the same corners we go through 44 times. The energy was heavy, i had a headache every day. Charles and i stacked next to Pierre all weekend, we knew how much being here affected him, and we weren't going to leave him alone, just like he never left Charles alone when he had to race in Suzuka. My biggest relief was at night when Oscar came around. He sneaked into my room every night to sleep next to me. Oscar and i are happier than ever, still keeping everything a secret from the world, but we were happy and that's all that counted.

Around two months have passed since Spain. Since Franco's fallout and the little stunt, i pulled on the interview. I was right that time, the cameras captured the exact moment Franco stopped me in the paddock and all you could see was my sad face and tears, those pictures went viral immediately. Speaking of Franco, i don't know anything about him. He vanished from my life, and that was the last time we ever crossed paths, i haven't even seen him on the paddock, which is weird because he's still racing. It's not that I'm upset, just puzzled. Franco tried to clean his image, and he managed to do so but not completely, people still brought up what he did. When it all went public, he was being talked about everywhere, it brought him the attention he craved, so perhaps he should thank me for that. Grace also cut contact with him, he ended up figuring out it was her the one that sent me the audio, and tried to confront her, but she closed her door in his face and blocked him everywhere. Good for her.

The season is going okay, my team is going strong, and we are currently in a battle for fourth in the championship against McLaren. Funny, i know. Thankfully it hasn't harmed my friendship with Lando or my relationship with Oscar, quite the opposite, the four of us, including Mick, mess around every time we cross paths. We know well how to separate what happens on the track and outside of it. The group we formed with Pierre, Charles, Mick, Oscar, and Alex is stronger than ever, we even added a lot of people, such as Lando, Luisa, Kika, Carlos, and Ivy. Yeah, Ivy and Alex get along just fine. We all try to hang out during race weekends, going out for dinner or to a party.

— You're going to Monaco for the summer break? — asks Charles, putting his arm over my shoulders and walking alongside me.

— Yeah, Oscar is coming with me for the first few weeks, my dad loves him more than me.

Charles laughs.— Your dad loves all of your friends more than he loves you.

I roll my eyes and hit his ribs. Charles gasps and pushes me away, but continues to walk with me.

— Are you going home too?

— Yeah, but not right away, i'm making a quick stop in Italy, and after being home for a few days i'm going to the south of France with Alex. Marta, Joris, Andrea, and Ricardo are coming with us, you guys should join us there.

— I'm gonna talk to Oscar about it, but we probably will. We are also supposed to go to Australia to visit his family.

— Uhh, seeing your future mother-in-law once again, nervous?

I shake my head with a smile.— Not in the slightest, she loves me.

We both laugh and make our way to each of our cars. I hug him goodbye and i drive back to my hotel. I was more than ready to grab my bags and get on the flight back home. Oscar and i were flying with Max, Lando, Luisa, Kelly, and Penelope. He offered us a place in his private jet since it was much more comfortable than traveling on a public flight. Not that i minded, but traveling with Oscar on a public flight is way too dangerous. Pictures can be taken and rumors can run.