053

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

They kept me in the medical center for longer than i would have liked, but there was nothing i could do about it.

I understood their reasons, due to the accident i hit my head quite hard and they needed to keep me under their radar for a while to make sure i didn't have anything. The race had just finished, and Frankie, who had come with me, kept me updated. Charles finished third, i was looking forward to seeing his podium celebration. I have to say tho, staying here had a positive side, i didn't have to deal with all the media for the day. The team pitied me and allowed me to skip the interviews. I knew what questions awaited me, and i wasn't in the mood to answer them.

— Earth to Willow .— Frankie moves his hands before my face.— Your dad is calling again.

I grabbed my phone and answered the call, the faces of my siblings popped up and i couldn't contain my smile.— Hi babies.

— ¡Lowie! Are you okay? .— Lily screams, pushing Mateo to the side.

— Hey! — i heard him say and pushed her back.

— I am fine, i promise, now please don't fight.— they gave each other dirty looks and then looked back at me.— The doctors said everything was fine, just like i told Dad a thousand times and asked him to tell you guys.

My dad, who was standing behind my siblings shrugged his shoulders.— I told them a thousand times, but they insisted on calling you.

— ¿When are you leaving the hospital? — asks Mateo.

— Not sure yet, but probably soon. This bed is uncomfortable. — i make a face and they both giggle.— ¿Did you two continue watching the race?

— Yes we did, i wanted to see how Oscar was doing.

— And i wanted to see Maxie! But he didn't win.— Lily pouts and i laugh.

— I'm sure he will next race.— i assure her and her pout turns into a smile. I hear a knock on the door and the doctor walks through it.— I have to leave now kids, the doctor is here, i promise to call when i'm back in the hotel, okay?

They nodded, we said our goodbyes and i hung up. The doctor smiled at me and went through my files, reading a few things and writing something down. He wasn't saying anything, and i was starting to become impatient.

— So, ¿can i leave? — i ask sitting up, and Frankie softly hits my arm.— Sorry, i just really want to leave.

The doctor laughed and lifted his glasses to look at us.—Well, luckily for you, you are ready to go.— I celebrated and was about to get up.— But, i do have some instructions for you and i hope you follow them.

— Don't worry, i will make sure she does.— says my dear engineer.

— Perfect, you need to keep rest for the next 4 days, no exercise, i would say bed rest but knowing what you do for a living i know it's not gonna happen. Here's the medicine you need to get, and there's a cream for your bruises, you got quite a lot. You also have a cut on your back and this small one on your eyebrow, they're not deep but they still need some care, clean them every day.

I looked to my right and contained a laugh when i saw Frankie taking notes. That was sweet of him.— Okay, i will do as you say.

I was finally back at the hotel, looking half-dead due to how tired i was. It was late, past midnight and there still were a lot of people outside the hotel. Ferrari and McLaren were also staying here, so it was no surprise. The hotel staff told us to get in by the back door, and i made it safe and sound to my hotel room.

— Here, please take them on time.— says Frankie and hands me the bag with the medicine.

— I will, thank you for staying with me.— i give him a quick hug and i walk in, closing the door behind me.

I went straight to my bed and laid on it, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. I didn't want to move from there, not even an inch, my eyes seemed to be glued together.

— Room service! — says a voice from behind the door and knocks.

I sighed and ignored it, i didn't order anything.

But the knocks didn't stop and i was starting to get a headache from it. I stood up and opened it, four pairs of eyes were staring at me and it wasn't room service, it was Charles, Mick, Ivy, and Oscar. A small smile appeared on my face and i opened my arms. Ivy was the first one to hug me.

— You scared me to death you bitch.— she says to my ear and we laugh.

She didn't want to let go, but Mick pushed her to hug me.

— It's my turn, move.— he says and i laugh as he wraps his arms around me.— I'm so glad you're okay, i wanted to go with you but the team said no and they threatened to glue me to the seat.

I burst out laughing and shook my head.— There was no need for you to come, Mick, i had Frankie.

— Still. I wanted to be there. — he smiled.— ¿Did you watch the race?

— Of course i did, i wouldn't miss it. Congrats on finishing p6 Mick. ¿Podium next?

— Only if you don't crash.— he jokes and i hit his head.

Then it was Charles's turn, i smiled at him but he crossed his arms and wasn't smiling, not even a little bit.

— ¿What was that? — he asked, with a serious tone of voice.

— Nothing, just an inchident on the race... — i say softly, and i try my hardest not to laugh.

I could see him break character for a short second, but then he cleared his throat and went back to being serious.

— You had me worried sick! As soon as i got out of the podium i called you nonstop and nothing!

— Sorry Leclerc, i was too busy getting my ass checked.— i roll my eyes, grab his arm to bring him closer, and hug him.— Now hug me and be thankful i'm okay.

I could hear him mumbling some words in Italian and he refused to hug me, but he gave in not long afterward.

Le meilleur pour la fin, maintenant va faire un câlin à ton petit ami, il est très nerveux depuis ton accident. — whispers Charles and let's go of me.

(Best for last, now go and hug your little boyfriend, he's been a nervous wreck since your crash.)

I look over at Oscar and the smile on my face grows. He walks up to me and hugs me tightly, but not strong enough to hurt me. I bury my face in his neck and take a deep breath. His hands travel from my waist to my hair, and he gently pushes my head back. I see his eyes scan my whole face, and they stop on my eyebrow.

— It's okay, it's not deep and it will go away in no time.— i assure him, but the worry in his eyes didn't go away, not even a little bit.— Oscar I'm okay, just a couple of bruises and two small cuts.

It was making me nervous how he wasn't saying a word. And i guess i wasn't the only one, i could feel everyone's stares at us, i looked back at Ivy and slightly nodded my head. She caught it right away, grabbed Mick's and Charles' hands, and took them out of the room.

— Glad to see you're okay, we will catch up tomorrow! We leave you in great hands.— she says walking out.

— No wait, i wanted to see.— i hear Charles say but before he can step back inside, Ivy closes the door on his face.

I grabbed Oscar's hand and walked to my bed, where we both sat down.

— Say something.— i whisper, softly caressing his face as he looks straight into my eyes.— I'm okay, i promise.

I heard him sigh and his whole body relaxed. His hand gently grabbed my face and he pulled me in for a kiss. I put my arms around his neck and smiled at the familiar feeling on my stomach. I forget about everything as soon as his lips are on mine, about the incident, about the rumors going around.

Nothing seems that important right now as he and i.