079

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

OSCAR POV

I woke up and the nerves were there again. Great.

I have been uneasy ever since we landed in Monaco. And i know Lowie noticed this, how could she not? She notices every single detail about me, even the ones i don't. One of the many things i loved about her. Today was a big day, i was going to ask her to be officially my girlfriend. It's time, we have been together for a while now, and i have been dying to make it official. I was unsure of it at first, not because i didn't want to, i wasn't sure if she wanted to as well. That's why i had to go around the people closest to her and ask every single one of them. The first one was Mick, i asked him as soon as i arrived at Lowie's hotel room. She wasn't there yet, so i took the chance to give Mick a quick call.

flashback...

The phone rang a few times, and for a minute i thought he wouldn't answer because he might be busy at the track still. I don't know, media duties take a bit longer with a few drivers. Or maybe he had a meeting with the team. Wait, what if he's with Lowie right now?

— Oscar hi! — i hear Mick's voice, he always sounds so happy and energetic.— To what do i how this pleasure?

I laughed and sat down on her bed.— Hi Mick, are you busy right now? i need your help with something.

— Yeah yeah, i'm free, i just got done with media duties and i'm on my way out of the paddock. Do you need to speak with Lowie? I can find her for you if you need me to, loverboy.

Loverboy was the definite nickname Charles and Mick had given me.

— No! no, i need the opposite, Lowie can't know i'm talking with you right now.— i say quickly, almost screaming the first word.— Sorry, i'm a bit nervous.

— Woah okay, give me a second.— i heard a car door open and then close.— Okay spill, i'm safe in my car right now, no one can hear me.

I sigh and pass a hand through my face.— Well, i have been thinking a lot about something lately. And it involves Lowie, but i'm not sure if she wants this as much as i do, and that's why i need to ask you.— i take a deep breath.— Do you think she would say yes if i asked her to be my girlfriend? May it be too soon?

The first thing i heard from him, was laughter. I was confused and didn't say anything and waited for him to calm down. He did after a few minutes, i heard Mick take a deep breath and then giggle a bit more.

— Oh man, i needed that laugh.— he says.— Oscar, are you seriously asking me if Lowie wants to be your girlfriend? The Lowie that's deeply in love with you and has been for months? The same Lowie that looks at you with the purest love i have ever seen? Damn, i don't know what else you need to be sure about asking her. Of course, she's going to say yes and don't tell her i'm saying this, but the other day i heard her talk with Ivy about you, and the word boyfriend came up a lot of times.

He was right, i just needed someone to confirm it for me. And Mick was the right person to ask, i would have called Charles, but he's not the best at keeping things low, and he most likely is with Lowie right now.

— I just needed someone to confirm what i believe, thanks mate.— i say, more relaxed.— Okay then, i'm doing it. I just have to figure out when.