024

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

As i walked out of the McLaren facilities i felt uneasy, something wasn't sitting right with me but i wasn't sure what it was. I was going through everything Oscar had said to me and trying to remember myself those events, but all i could see was a blur. I went straight to Ferrari, i knew Charles was dying to know what happened and i was dying to tell someone right now. I would've called Ivy but she was busy and i didn't want to bother her.

Charles was chilling in a chair, with his notebook in hand and pencil in the other, something he had picked up from Seb back when they were teammates. I stand in front of him and move the notebook with my finger, he looks up at me and a scary smile grows on his face.

— I'm assuming you have news.— he says and i nod.— Good, follow me.

He guides me through the building and we stop at his driver's room. We got in and he closed the door, i was glad he had brought me here, i needed some privacy. Charles sits down and i sit down in front of him.

— Spill it out, everything, and without skipping any details.

I spit everything out, without skipping a thing and Charles just looked at me, paying attention. There wasn't much to say, but he made me stop and detail everything Oscar did, even how many times he breathed.

— Then i told him i needed to go and talk to Franco, he told me to see you later and i left. I have to say, he had a weird look on his face, i don't know how to describe it.

— Okay pause.— he sat straight and stroked his chin with his fingers.— ¿why did you need to speak with Franco? ¿Who even is Franco?

Oh shit, Charles doesn't know that.

— I... i need to go now, i'm sorry! — i say as i get up, but he was faster and ran to the door, blocking my way.— Move.

— Fuck no. Speak.

I rolled my eyes and sat back down, Charles didn't move from his place and even put the lock-in.

— Remember the dinner we had? when you asked me if i was in a relationship or something like that? — he nods.— Well, that person is Franco, as in Franco Colapinto.

— The Formula Three driver?

— Yeah... we kissed after i won the championship, at the after-party.— i shrugged my shoulders.— I have had a crush on him for a while now, and well, i was over the moon when it happened, but things got weird. We don't talk as much, and we promised to speak when we are both here in Bahrein but surprise surprise, he didn't tell me he was here and i bumped into him at the party the other night.

I put my legs up on the seat. I was getting bored of saying the same thing over and over again, the more i thought about it, the harder it was to let it go. I wasn't even sure i wanted to talk with Franco right now, but i was fucked, i had to. For my mental peace and for his.

— I wasn't expecting that.— Charles cleared his throat and sat next to me.— I don't know him personally, but i can tell you're hurt by what happened and that makes me hate him.

I laugh a bit.— Don't, he's a nice guy i promise. And i have to talk to him before thinking anything, i have to listen to his side of the story.

— I still hate him.— Charles jokes and we laughed.— I don't see you so excited about talking with him.

— I'm not. I have so many things to think about Charlie, the pressure of the first race is getting to me and this just adds to it. It is not a good time to mix my love life with my professional life.

Charles passes one of his arms around me and brings me closer to him, hugging me. I close my eyes and let his presence comfort me. We stay silent for a while, he plays with my hair and i try to concentrate on my breathing to keep my mind free.

— I'm not the best person to give dating advice, but i think i know you enough to help you. You have to talk with him as soon as possible, having other problems on your mind while racing is the worst thing you can do. I get that you're scared, i know how much of a hard time you have accepting your feelings and you already took a big step by making a move with him. But this is life, not everything is as perfect as a book — he sighs and kisses my head.— I know there's something else bothering you, but i'm not gonna ask and just wait until you feel comfortable enough to tell me.

How did he know.

— Je t'aime, Charlie.

— Je t'aime aussi, Lowie.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I was currently standing in front of Franco's hotel room. After the chat with Charles, i texted him right away, he told me to get here when i'm free, so i spent some time with my family and left the track at 7 pm, i dropped off my dad and siblings and then drove to this hotel. It wasn't that far away from mine.

— Willow, hi.— says Franco as he opens the door.— Please, come in.

— Hi.— i whisper as i get inside.

The room was tidied up. I sat down on the bed and looked expectantly at Franco. He had a tired look on his face like he didn't get that much sleep. His eye bags were much more noticeable now, and i felt bad for him, two weeks ago i would've held him and cared for him, but now that wasn't something i wanted to do.

¿Was it wrong to feel that way?

— First of all, i'm sorry, it was a mistake to not tell you i was here and i'm sorry if that hurt you, you know that's the last thing i want to do.— he sat down next to me.— I didn't contact you right away because i have a lot of things going on, i'm struggling to get sponsors, this season is already stressful and it hasn't even started yet. During the time we were apart, i spent all of my time working, i didn't get that much rest.

— I get that, but why didn't you just tell me?

— I'm not sure, i guess i was a bit embarrassed to admit i wasn't doing so good when you're out there, getting contract after contract.

I took a deep breath and looked at him. He seemed sincere, i guess, his reason wasn't good enough for me but i tried to understand him. It was better for the two of us to just put this past us.

— Okay fine, i believe you.— i say and let out a sigh.— But i still need to know, where is this going?

— ¿Where do you want it to go?

— I don't know if i'm being honest. I'm scared.

Franco embraces me and i hug him back. I hid myself on his neck, but it didn't feel right.— We don't have to put a name to it right now, what about we just wait until it feels right?

I nodded and we stayed like that for a moment, until someone knocked on his door and he went to check. I stayed back, it was probably someone from his team or one of his friends. He left his phone behind and i turned on the screen to see what time it was, but what actually got my attention was a few missed calls from someone under the name "Grace ❤️".

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

hi, here you have two new chapters as a thank you for 10k! seriously, thank you ❤️