022

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

First media day.

The group i was in was just fine, sitting next to Oscar made me feel a bit more relaxed. I still haven't talked to him about anything, i was planning on doing so when we are both free and hopefully that happens today, i couldn't go one more day in the dark. It was just like the interview Mick and i did, us sitting in front of a lot of people, but sitting on a couch and just one person asking us stuff. On my right i had Oscar and on my left i had Alex. I have met him before, from karting when George, Charles, him and i would fight each other, but afterwards we didn't keep in touch. I was a huge fan of his girlfriend.

I felt my phone vibrate, i picked it up and smiled at the text. It was a picture from Charles, he had my brother on his shoulders, Arthur had Lily on his and my dad was smiling next to them. He had promised me to stay with them until i was free, he already had his group interview and was free. My dad was more than happy with the idea, he loved those two.

— Driver's press conference ahead of the Bahrein Grand Prix, first of the season.— the interviewer says getting everyone's attention so i put my phone away.— We have Logan Sargeant, Pierre Gasly, Alex Albon, Willow Harris, and Oscar Piastri. The three rookies of the season, what a pleasure. Let's start with the closest to me, Oscar, ¿What are your expectations for your first race as a Formula One driver?

Oscar began talking, and i paid full attention to what he had to say. I liked the way he expressed himself.

— Now onto you Willow, ¿How do you feel about being the only female driver in Formula One in the last decade?

— It feels great, but not so great at the same time. It feels great because it's a dream of mine come true, ever since i can remember i wanted to drive an F1 car, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity the team gave me.— i cleared my throat.— But at the same time it's not so great, because why would i want to be the only one instead of one more? It's awful how many girls don't get the chance in this sport, because i know there are a lot of them who are incredible drivers, maybe even better than me. I'm honored to represent them but i would love to have more girls as F1 drivers.

— I think i understand. ¿Why do you think women don't get the same chance? ¿Do you think it's harder to get here being a woman?

— Purely prejudiced, if I'm being honest. I believe that a lot of people still hold onto the thought of women not being able to do the same thing as men. There hasn't been a day in my life i don't hear "women can't drive" or "this is a sport for men". I do believe it's hard for anyone to get to this point, it's the highest category in motorsport after all, and i don't want to belittle the work of my colleagues because I know the history of most of them and I know what they have been through, but being a women ads a bit more to it. They judge you more, and every mistake you make is an opportunity to make you believe you're not enough and you should do something else when i started racing and people would ask me what i wanted to be when i grew up, they would always ask me if i didn't want to do something more girly, like being a nurse or something like that. You can't do anything right, you can't show a lot of emotion or you're being dramatic, but if you don't show emotion you're not passionate enough. At one point you just don't know what to do. — i shrugged my shoulders.— I'm sorry, i get too passionate about this topic.

— It's alright, don't worry about it. — the interviewer assured me and then moved on to the next driver.

I let out a sigh and looked at Oscar, he was smiling at me. I smiled back and then played with the microphone in my hands.

My family was hanging out at the Ferrari facility. Treason. I wasn't sure i was allowed to go there anymore since i was from another team, but i had to since my dad wasn't picking up my phone, and neither did Charles or Arthur. I did go in, trying not to look suspicious or anything, and i felt stupid doing so.