014

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

It was nine a.m., and i was waiting for my flight to Bahrein.

These last days i spent 90% of the time in a plane. First, i had to fly out to Monaco from Germany to get my stuff, then the next day i went to London, and now i had a direct flight to Bahrain. They told us it would take 6 hours and 30 minutes to get there, and i was planning to sleep all the way there, i couldn't care less about trying to accommodate my sleep schedule, i still had a few days to do so before race day.

God, my first race was closer and closer.

Just thinking of it made my whole body shiver. My anxiety was only getting worse and worse, my fingers being full of self-made wounds is proof of that. It was a bad habit i picked up when i was a kid, i have tried to stop doing it, but it was a habit at this point, and fighting back was impossible.

Luckily for me, before i began overthinking, my phone started ringing.

— Hi Franco.— i say as i pick up.

— Hi Willow.

Silence.

— ¿How are you? — i ask clearing my throat. I hated awkward silence.

— I'm good, I'm spending my last days before the season starts in Argentina.

Formula Two and Formula Three had their pre-season training before us, from the 14th to the 16th, and Formula One was from the 23rd to the 25th.

— Oh that's cool, i guess we are not seeing each other until the season starts then.

— I guess.

Silence again.

— Franco, ¿is everything okay? Things have been a bit awkward, we barely talk and when we do is either as good as always or as awkward as it is now.

— I know, i wanted to talk with you about it. Now is not a good time, though we can see each other when we are both in Bahrain.

— Fine, but i need to know, ¿did i do or say something?

He sighed.— No, you haven't done anything wrong, it's just other stuff. But don't worry about it, i will tell you all about it when i see you.

My flight was being called for boarding.

— I have to go, the boarding is starting — i got up, grabbing my suitcase.— Talk to you later., i guess.

— Safe travels.

I wanted to throw my phone to the ground when we hung up, but i took a deep breath and went to the gate. He told me not to worry about it, but it was impossible not to, ¿What if kissing ruined everything? ¿What if after this we never talk to each other ever again? ¿what if he doesn't want to see me again? I believed everything was fine after we spoke in Monaco.

Flashback.

I opened the door of my apartment, taking a deep breath and smiling as i saw his face. I jumped into his arms, and he caught me as he laughed.

— Hi.— i whisper into his neck.

— Hi linda.

I let go of him and we went inside my house. We weren't planning on going out, we wanted privacy and this was the only place we could get that. We sat down in my living room, he was curiously looking around and i was in awe looking at him.

— Your house is pretty.

— Thank you, It took me a while to choose the decor.

We looked at each other, smiling, and stayed in silence. We knew what we needed to talk about, but none of us wanted to be the one to begin. ¿What was i supposed to say? "Hi, i have had the biggest crush on you for the past year or so and i have been dying to kiss you, but I'm scared of how this is gonna affect our careers"

— Willow.— i heard him as i was brought back to reality. — We both know why we are here, ¿you want me to go first?

I nodded, feeling more relaxed.— Please.

— So, that night when we kissed changed everything, and we know that. But things can change positively or in a negative way, I'm hoping they change positively.— he took a deep breath and grabbed my hands.— I like you, like really like you, and i hope you also like me in the same way.

— I do like you Franco .— i smiled when i noticed how his eyes lighted up.— But i need to be honest with you as i always have, I'm scared about what this means to us. We are both racing drivers, and we both have a whole career in front of us, so being in a romantic relationship or whatever we are in, could be bad for our careers.

— I know, i have thought about it.

— Look, let's do something.— i moved closer to him.— Let's keep whatever we have in the low, and try to work things out between us, Let's see how this evolves.

end of flashback.

After that things were just fine, we would talk daily about anything. A few days before the car launch things began to be different, but after seeing the note he had left on my phone i got all my hopes up again, but then i fell on my face after this phone call.

— Hey, ¿do you need a band-aid for that? — someone asks from behind me.

I turned around and i was greeted by Oscar, looking worriedly at my fingers. I looked down at my hands and most of my fingers were bleeding.

— Oscar hi.

— ¿Willow? Are you ok? what happened? — he tried to grab one of my hands to check on it, but luckily for me, they called my group to get inside the airplane.

— I'm sorry i need to go, see you later! .— i say as i turn around and leave.

Never mind, Oscar was also walking towards the entrance of the plane. Great, we were on the same flight. I gave my ticket and my passport to the lady at the desk, and she handed them back to me after doing the whole check thing. I wanted to run inside the plane and hide in my seat, but it was hopeless to do so, Oscar was right behind me.

— Now is later, ¿are you okay? — he asks standing next to me, with his arms crossed.

— Yeah, it's truly nothing, no need to worry.— I smile at him, trying to get him to believe me.

He looked straight into my eyes for a good 5 minutes, like he was trying to read my mind or something.

— Fine, but have these.— he handed me a pack of band-aids.— Even if they're "nothing", you should cover them up so they don't get infected or something.

I was so relieved he wasn't pushing with the questions. I grabbed the band-aids and mouthed a thank you. It was our turn to get inside the airplane and look for our seats, i went straight to mine, in first class. And oh surprise surprise, Oscar was sitting in the seat next to me, well, we were separated by the aisle.

— Neighbors for the flight, cool. — i joked as i sat down.

Oscar nodded with a smile and then pointed at my fingers.— I don't wanna be annoying, but you need to get them clean, let's go.

I got up after he did, a bit confused, and i followed him throughout the plane, it was a bit difficult due to people still boarding, but we managed and he stopped in front of the bathroom. He opened the door and moved to the side so i could get in. I just stared at him, unsure of what my next move was supposed to be.