011

-ˋˏ ༻ ✺ ༺ ˎˊ-

The streets of Monaco were my favorites to drive through at night time. Well, favorites at all times, Monaco is one of my favorite circuits, it would be illegal if it weren't.

I stopped the car outside Charles' apartment and looked at Oscar.— Now this is the real challenge, ¿you ready, Aussie?

— More than ready, Monegasque.

We laughed and got out of the car, i was in charge of Arthur, and Oscar was in charge of Charles. Luckily for me, Arthur could walk almost completely by himself, i only had to grab one of his arms and stay by his side as a reinforcement. Charles on the other hand didn't even have his eyes open, Oscar was seconds away from grabbing him bride-style to get him inside.

— We deserve an ice cream after this.— i joked when we were inside the elevator.

— Definitely, ¿you know a place that may be open now?

The doors opened to Charles' apartment, luckily for us, there was only one house per floor and the elevator took you straight to your destiny, so we didn't need to fight for our lives to get the keys from Charles.

— I'm not sure, but i believe there's one place, we could drive there and see.

— Sure, but if i get sick from eating ice cream in winter and my mom gets mad at me I'm blaming you.

I shook my head with a smile.— Fine, i will take full responsibility.

I took Arthur to the guest room, and the moment his head hit the pillow, he fell asleep, it was kind of scary how fast it all happened, i checked if he was breathing. I took off his shoes and put the blankets over him so he wouldn't get cold. I took his phone from my purse, connected it to his charger, and kissed his forehead goodnight. I closed his door and went straight to Charles' room to see if Oscar needed help. He didn't, Charles was already under the blankets and sleeping, The only thing i did there was charge his phone and tuck him in.

On our way out, we were trying to be as quiet as possible, we probably didn't need to but we chose to do it just in case. It was so hard, i wanted to laugh at everything, and then Oscar tripped on a shoe and almost fell on his face. I widely opened my eyes and bit my lip to not laugh, i could feel my face heat up from trying so i ran to the elevator, being followed closely by Oscar. When the doors closed, we both burst out laughing.

— The fear in your eyes — i say when i can breathe again.

His cheeks were red, from embarrassment and from laughing too hard.— I swear i felt my heart stop for a second.

We made it back to my car, and we began our journey to find ice cream. I already knew where to go, i was just hoping the place I'm thinking of will be open. Oscar took control of the music, he connected his phone and put on really good songs, it was an enjoyable drive there.

— Okay, here we are, and judging by the lights it's open.— i say opening my door.

I stood in front of the door and smiled widely when i read "Open" in neon lights. Oscar was right behind me, he took a minute to look around and i went straight to the counter, i bought two.

— This place has amazing ice creams, I'm telling you.— i said to him without even looking, i was going through every flavor.

— ¿What flavor are you getting?

— Mint chocolate, ¿you?

— Not sure yet.— he whispered.

It took him a while to choose, and when he did we went back to my car and stayed at the parking lot. We could stay inside, but we chose not to because we wanted to sit comfortably and have privacy, so we could talk freely.

— Eating ice cream in winter is better than eating it in summer.— i say looking at him.

— I agree, but it's better when you are in a country with a full-on winter. I'm talking like snow and degrees below Cero.

I nodded.— ¿Favorite country? besides Australia.

— Mmhh probably Monaco, i always have a good time here, i mean it's beautiful and the circuit it's great. The United Kingdom is cool as well. ¿What would you work as if you weren't a driver?

— I would work at a coffee shop or a library but in a small town somewhere in Europe. You know, those where people go every day, so you know them and just ask them ¿the usual?

He didn't say anything else, but i felt his stare. I looked at him and tilted my head in curiosity, but i got distracted by the ice cream on his cheeks. I laughed softly, grabbed a napkin, and cleaned it for him. His cheeks turned a soft pink when he noticed what i cleaned up.

— Thanks.— he mouthed.

— No problem.—i backed up my hand and finished my ice cream.—¿Favorite circuit?

— Spa, definitely. The second and third curves, going uphill just hit differently. ¿Yours? 

I also loved spa, but it was attached to so many sad memories it was hard for me to fully enjoy racing there. I really tried, but it felt almost impossible. I was so anxious about having to race in Suzuka this year, i had no idea how Charles was able to pull it off, i felt like crying just thinking about it.

— Monaco of course, I'm surprised you didn't say Albert Park. 

He shrugged his shoulders with a smile.

I stopped the car in front of the hotel Oscar was staying at, he tried to convince me to go to my house and he would walk from there to his hotel so i don't have to drive so late and alone, but i was the one driving so i went straight to his hotel. He had a defeated look on his face.

— I have known you for weeks, but i have noticed you are very stubborn

I nodded with a smile.— I am, i need to be to keep the position i'm in right now.

— It's a good quality to have on certain occasions, but not this one tho.

We laughed.

— I promise i will be fine Oscar, i know these streets like the back of my hand.— he still didn't seem so sure.— and i have pepper spray.

— Okay fine, text me when you get home safe please, i will not go to sleep until i receive your text.

That was sweet of him.

— Of course, i will text you as soon as i get home.— i say smiling.

I gave him two kisses on the cheeks and he got out of the car, i waited until he got inside the hotel to go. The drive back home was peaceful, the hotel wasn't that far away from my place so it took me only a few minutes. I parked my car and took the elevator to my apartment. I went straight to bed, i lay down and grabbed my phone to text Oscar as i had promised.

I looked at the time, it was 2 in the morning but i wasn't feeling as tired anymore, i hate when that happens. None of my friends were awake, Ivy was in a different time zone and i didn't want to disturb her beauty sleep, she had a big day coming up. Franco was an option he was in Spain and we had the same time, but i didn't feel like talking with him, things have been a bit different for the last week or so. I guess it was because of the pre-season stress, but i couldn't get the idea of something else being wrong out of my head.