6

it was finally the day when jisung would have his first flight as a flight attendant with SKZ airlines. he was already dressed in his airline uniform, walking out of his house with chan and jeongin in front of him.

chan and jeongin were going to drop him off at the airport, felix wasn't included as he had his flight yesterday.

"hyunggg, i'm nervous," jisung said, clinging to chan as the oldest carried jisung's luggage to his car.

"ji, you'll do fine," the oldest reassured.

"yeah, hyung. we already had a sleepover after felix left yesterday. didn't that help to calm you down?" jeongin asked, getting into the backseat of chan's car.

"no, actually, it didn't," jisung replied, sliding into the passenger seat.

chan and jeongin had slept at jisung's house after they dropped off felix at the airport. jisung had requested a sleepover since he was feeling really nervous about his first flight.

"so, ji, did the airline tell you anything when you arrived at the airport?" chan asked.

"yeah, they told me to arrive two hours before the flight to meet with the other crew and the captain. i also have to attend a pre-flight briefing," jisung answered, checking the time on his watch.

chan nodded at jisung's answer. he had asked that question to test the younger, making sure he didn't forget what he needed to do after arriving at the airport.

-----

it didn't take them long to arrive at the airport. chan and jeongin helped jisung get his luggage out of the trunk while the latter was visibly nervous.

chan noticed jisung's unease, so he rubbed his back in an attempt to soothe him.

"i know you can do this, ji!" chan comforted with a smile, his dimples appearing.

jisung took a deep breath and replied, "yeah, you know what? i can do this!" he tried to calm his nerves.

chan and jeongin then handed jisung his luggage and he embraced them in a hug afterward.

"stay safe, hyung," jeongin whispered, returning the hug.

"yeah, always stay safe, ji," chan said, giving jisung's back a reassuring tap before pulling away.

as they separated, jisung entered the airport, waving goodbye to his friends.

-----

jisung walked around the airport, his phone in hand as he pulled his luggage alongside him. he was on the lookout for the room where they would have their pre-flight briefing, but he seemed to be having trouble locating it.

perhaps due to nervousness, jisung found it hard to concentrate on his surroundings, and as a result, he accidentally bumped into someone.

"ow— i'm so sorry, i was—"

"it's okay," the man he bumped into interrupted jisung's apology before he could finish.

looking up at the man, jisung felt like he's melting.

it was the handsome man from the cafe.

"oh! you're the guy from the cafe!" the man greeted, offering jisung a friendly smile.

"o-oh yes, that's me..." jisung trailed off, his nervousness only intensifying.

"oh? you're a flight attendant?" the man asked.

it was then that jisung also noticed the man's uniform, which was different from his own.

"you're a pilot?" he asked.