83

jisung had arrived at the mall, making his way to the destination that minho had referred to in the hint. his steps were filled with anticipation of what awaited him next, and his heart was already fluttering with excitement over what minho had prepared. he was thoroughly enjoying this little game minho had orchestrated.

as he navigated the familiar surroundings of the mall, jisung reminisced about their first time strolling through it. his hand was intertwined with minho's back then, and he was wearing minho's warm coat while hyunjin trailed behind them.

a soft chuckle escaped jisung at the memory. for some reason, he couldn't believe how many years had passed. it felt like just yesterday when he had his first flight to japan, with hyunjin and minho by his side. he hadn't expected that his relationship with minho would evolve into a romantic one, but now they had been happily together for years.

a few more steps brought jisung to his destination. he paused in front of the store, gazing up at it with sparkling doe eyes, a small smile gracing his lips. "minho, you're so cheesy," he muttered with a chuckle before entering the store.

upon entering, an employee greeted him with a bow. jisung returned the greeting with a bow of his own. he let his eyes wander around the establishment for a moment before focusing on the employee and asking in his best japanese, "did a good-looking man come here, probably to leave something or give something?"

the employee nodded enthusiastically, disappearing behind the counter to retrieve something from a shelf underneath. jisung's eyes were filled with anticipation as he eagerly waited to discover what surprise minho had in store for him this time.

the employee retrieved a paper bag with an aesthetically pleasing design and handed it to jisung with a warm smile. jisung studied the paper bag curiously before opening it.

as he unfolded the paper bag, jisung's heart swelled with love. he pulled out the item from the bag and raised it up to admire it.

"wow..." jisung uttered in awe, at a loss for words. he hadn't expected anything like this.

the item in the paper bag was none other than a plushie of a quokka dressed in a flight attendant uniform, precisely like the one jisung wore for his airline. what was even more heartwarming was that the quokka plushie resembled jisung, complete with a mole on the cheek, just like the one jisung has.

jisung hugged the plushie close to his chest, taking in its scent, which was the familiar scent he associated with his boyfriend. afterward, he checked inside the bag again, making sure he hadn't missed anything, and indeed, he found another note tucked inside.

jisung asked the employee if he could place the plushie on the counter for a moment so he could properly read the letter. after receiving permission, jisung unfolded the note to read the words that minho had planted, hoping they would blossom in his heart.

"good job, love! you've reached your second destination and are getting closer and closer!

remember the time we got captain minnie in this store? well, i thought minnie might be lonely alone, so i got him a special someone :)

since you said that minnie resembled me, i had them customize a plushie that resembled you! it's a quokka since it reminds me a lot of you. i also made sure they got every detail perfect, including your beauty marks and the details of your airline uniform.

i hope you like him a lot, love. i don't really know what to call him yet since i want you to officially name him, but for the meantime, i'm calling him hanquokka hehe.

next hint: our first kiss"

throughout the note, a wide smile adorned jisung's lips, his heart doing somersaults at minho's considerate actions, going as far as to have a customized plushie that resembled jisung created.

however, when he read the next hint, a small frown crept onto his lips. he recognized the place minho mentioned in the note: the tokyo skytree.

it was true that they had their first kiss there, but at the same time, it wasn't exactly a fond memory for jisung. he sighed to himself, carefully placing the plushie back into the bag and bidding the employee goodbye before heading to his next destination.

jisung hesitated about going to the tokyo skytree, but he didn't want to let minho's efforts go to waste. at the same time, he was hopeful that he could replace the unpleasant memory he associated with the place with a new, happier one. he knew minho had a way of making his heart burst with love, and he trusted that minho had something special in store for him at the skytree.

-----

when jisung exited the mall, a man approached him and said, "good afternoon, mr. han. i am a driver hired by mr. lee to take you to tokyo skytree."

jisung initially struggled to process the man's words, but eventually, he nodded and replied, "y-yeah, okay," his uncertainty evident.

sensing jisung's hesitation, the driver showed him proof of the transaction between him and minho, reassuring jisung that he had no ulterior motives.

with that reassurance, jisung followed the driver to the waiting car. tokyo skytree was quite a distance away, and he never would have expected minho to hire a driver to take him there. as the car journeyed toward the destination, jisung looked out of the window, contemplating everything minho had done for him on this special day. he couldn't help but feel his love for minho deepening, despite already being deeply in love with him.

truth be told, jisung had initially been slightly annoyed by minho's sudden invitation to this game because he wasn't particularly fond of moving around. but now, he felt nothing but pure and genuine love.

"the man you are, lee minho," he mumbled with a soft smile while looking outside the window and up at the sky - sky, minho's nickname for him. jisung is minho's sky, elevating him to new heights, providing a sense of vastness, comfort, and an unwavering presence that illuminated his life. he is CAPTAIN minho's sky, akin to a poet and their words, where the sky was not merely a workplace for a pilot. instead, it served as a canvas on which they painted their dreams and an integral part of their identity.

a pilot was akin to a bird and its sky; they were inseparable. minho is the bird, and jisung is his sky. they couldn't exist without each other. the sky needed its birds to soar across its limitless expanse, reaching towards the heavens, while the birds needed their sky. it was their natural habitat, providing freedom, purpose, and a profound sense of belonging.

a pilot and his sky.

a bird and the sky.

much like minho and jisung, they were destined for each other, intricately woven into each other's worlds.

-----
👩‍✈️ ji's notes!
i have a day off before my last exam which is chemistry so i decided to write a chapter 😭😭 i tried to sprinkle some figurative language this time cause yk...literature? HAHDHWWHHA i say this even tho idek if i did well with my literature exam earlier cause it was a 7 pages essay exam (it was pure hell, to the point that i found physics easier)

anw, hopefully i finish this before i completely forget the plot of the story haha.