72

"you can't leave."

minho was immediately taken aback by jisung's words. he gently lifted the latter's grip from his shoulders and asked softly, "love, what do you mean by that?" his thoughts raced as he tried to make sense of the urgency in the younger's words.

jisung's breathing was ragged, and tears welled up in his usually sparkling eyes as he recounted the memory of his nightmare. "the plane will crash, minho! you can't leave!" he pleaded, shaking minho in an attempt to convey the gravity of the situation.

the commotion caught the attention of the other crew members, who turned to look at jisung as if he was crazy. however, felix and minho remained focused on the distraught male in front of them.

seeing jisung's agitated state, minho gently cupped his cheeks, using his thumb to wipe away the tears that streamed down the younger's face. he whispered soothingly, "shh, my love, calm down first, okay? let's talk when you're calm."

jisung couldn't hold back his emotions any longer. he collapsed into minho's chest, burying his face as he cried his heart out. the older's hands moved in an up and down motion on jisung's back as he continued to offer words of comfort.

minju and the other crew members watched in stunned silence as the emotional scene unfolded before them. minho shot them a glare, silently warning, "say something, and i'll make sure to leave your ass here in italy." the crew remained quiet at minho's silent threat.

as jisung's crying gradually subsided, minho saw it as an opportunity to address the problem at hand.

"love, are you ready to talk now?" minho asked, his concern evident as he wanted to ensure jisung wasn't pushing himself too hard.

jisung nodded slowly, still sniffling as he remained nestled against the older's chest. "i had a nightmare that this plane crashed due to engine failure, and you...you didn't survive," he admitted, his voice cracking as he recounted the terrifying dream.

sensing that jisung was on the verge of another breakdown, minho quickly soothed him, reassuring, "baby, love, i'm here, see? that was just a dream, okay? captain will not leave you." he wrapped his arms around the younger's head, gently stroking his hair to offer comfort.

"but what if it happens?! i don't want to ignore my dream, minho. i-i need to make sure you'll arrive back safely!" jisung exclaimed, holding minho tightly and pulling him closer.

minho was left momentarily speechless, struggling to find the right words to reassure jisung. the other crew members, who had been listening to jisung's concerns, decided to interject.

"han, it was just a bad dream, okay? we can't just cancel the flight because of a dream you had," one of the crew members stated, with the others nodding in agreement.

felix, who had remained silent throughout the ordeal, glared at his fellow crew members and speaked up, "have you guys ever heard of plane crash dreams possibly foreshadowing the future?" he rolled his eyes in exasperation.

minju supported felix's argument and turned to her brother, saying, "felix is right. it's better to be safe than sorry," she urged.

the other captain, changbin, also agreed with the crew members who believed they should consider jisung's dream. with the crew in agreement, minho decided it was an appropriate time to take action.

"everyone, please take a seat for a moment. i'm going to inform maintenance to recheck the aircraft's engines before we depart," he announced, taking jisung's concerns seriously and ensuring the safety of the flight.

the crew obediently followed minho's instructions, taking their seats as he attended to the situation. minho then gently turned jisung to face him, placing a soft kiss on his teary eyes and whispering, "love, i'll be back quickly, okay? just wait here with the others."

jisung whined in disapproval, his grip on minho's wrist tightening. "d-don't leave me, please," his voice small and filled with anxiety.

a frown crept onto minho's lips as he couldn't bear to see jisung in distress. he cupped the younger's face, planting a quick and gentle kiss on his plump lips. "i promise i'll be back, love. i won't take long," he reassured.

jisung's lips formed a small pout before he reluctantly relented. he gave minho a quick hug before letting him go and taking a seat with the others in the airport lounge.

the older smiled at jisung's figure as he walked off in the distance, his heart filled with warmth and affection. he then made his way to an airport personnel, explaining his concerns and requesting the necessary checks to ensure the safety of the flight.

-----

jisung sat quietly in the airport lounge, fiddling with his fingers as he felt the other crew members' glares piercing through him. the attention made him uneasy, and he unconsciously started moving his legs restlessly.

his actions were abruptly stopped as he felt hands on his lap, restricting his movements. he looked to the side, curious about who had put an end to his anxious behavior.

when he did, his heart dropped. the person whose hands were now on his lap was none other than the woman who claimed to be minho's fling.

when minho left and jisung was alone, minju decided to seize the opportunity to approach the male and have a talk with him. sensing jisung's tense nerves when he saw that it was her who attempted to calm him, minju gave him an apologetic smile.

"jisung, i'm sorry," she began, removing her hand from his lap to avoid any misunderstandings.

jisung was left agape at the woman's words, about to speak up when she started speaking again.

"i'm sorry for trying to cause misunderstandings between you and minho. we aren't involved romantically, and nothing happened between us that night," she continued. at first, her gaze remained fixed on her hand that had been on jisung's lap, but she soon gathered the courage to raise her eyes and make direct eye contact with the male in front of her.

jisung didn't say anything, which she interpreted as a signal to continue.

"i only said those things because.... of my own jealousy. the truth is, minho and i are siblings. he's my half-brother," minju explained, pouring out her feelings and motivations, from her desire for their father's attention to her envy of minho's life.

jisung felt his jaw drop as he tried to process all the information. his initial lack of response made minju more anxious, so she added, "i-i don't need you to forgive me. i just wanted to let you know that minho didn't do anything wrong. if you want to blame anyone, then blame me."

minju was about to get up and leave, thinking that jisung might harbor resentment for her petty actions. however, she felt a gentle tug on her wrist.

turning around, she saw jisung's hand on her wrist, and he gave her a small, warm smile.

"i forgive you, yeodongsaeng."

-----
ji's notes!
are people still even reading this? HAHSGAHAHS anw, sorry for the shitty update, i'm on the verge of dropping my head on the table and falling asleep + i have chem class later 🥹🥹 i promise to make the next chapter better!