20

after their visit with hyunjin, minho chose to head back to their hotel room, with jisung trailing behind him.

the two walked together in an uncomfortable silence, neither one wanting to break it first. minho opened the door to their room and stepped inside, with jisung following quietly. jisung then moved to his bed, sitting down with his hands nervously clasped together, debating whether he should address the recent events or not.

'han jisung, this is the second time you've embarrassed yourself in front of the captain. the first time being the worst,' he scolded himself internally.

he glanced sideways at minho, who was propped up on his bed, engrossed in his phone. 'he's on that damn phone again. but wait... what if he has a girlfriend?!' jisung's thoughts spiraled into worry, and he felt a rush of anxiety at the possibility.

anxious about this potential complication, jisung decided to send a quick text to hyunjin, hoping for clarification and reassurance.

me
hwang
hwang
hwang

uno loser
what

me
does...
does captain lee...

uno loser
WHAT

me
DOES CAPTAIN LEE HAVE A GIRLFRIEND

uno loser
...
CAPTAIN LEE HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!?!?!?!

me
BITCH NO
I'M ASKING U

uno loser
as far as i know
he's not dating anyone??
people are too scared to date him 🤣🤣

me
phew
that's good

uno loser
WDYM THAT'S GOOD??? 🤨🤨🤨

me
nothing

uno loser
NO.
JIJI TELL ME

me
I HAVE NOTHING TO TELL YOU
NOTHING HAPPENED BETWEEN US
WE DIDN'T SLEEP TOGETHER

uno loser
what

me
what

realizing his mistake, jisung cursed himself internally, 'WHAT THE FUCK, HAN JISUNG? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TELL THE PERSON WITH THE LOUDEST MOUTH?'

he huffed in frustration and hurled his phone onto the other side of the bed, the device buzzing with notifications from the curious hyunjin.

'at least i know he doesn't have someone,' jisung thought, casting another quick glance at minho, who had just risen from his seat as his phone started ringing.

minho gave jisung a meaningful look, pointing subtly to his phone to indicate that he needed some privacy for the call. jisung nodded in understanding, watching as minho stepped out of the room to take the call.

left in the room, jisung decided to wait until minho returned before discussing anything. minho's absence wasn't long, but when he re-entered, his mood had noticeably shifted.

jisung could sense the change in minho's mood, prompting him to reconsider speaking with minho right away. instead, he observed silently as an almost tangible steam seemed to escape from minho's ears. the older's face contorted into a scowl of frustration, and then came a loud expletive, "FUCK!" minho flung his phone onto the bed and ran his fingers agitatedly through his hair.

jisung flinched at the unexpected outburst and remained frozen in his spot, worried that any movement might lead to minho throwing him out of the window.

after his outburst, minho slumped onto his bed, his head hanging low as he tried to regain his composure.

"we're stranded," he muttered, his voice carrying a low, simmering anger.

jisung's soft voice responded, "what...?"

"the airlines didn't give me a definite date for our return due to the approaching storm," minho explained, his tone still carrying a trace of frustration.

jisung, not fully comprehending why minho was so upset about the situation, tilted his head in confusion. however, minho's next words shed light on his confusion.

"my mom's birthday is in two days," minho added, his voice now tinged with sadness.

jisung immediately understood, and he hesitated briefly before making his move. rising from his spot, he walked over to minho and enveloped him in a warm hug, offering comfort without words.

as jisung's embrace enveloped him, minho felt his emotions welling up, tears threatening to spill. "i-i'm the only family she has left after my f-father left us," he choked out through his sobs.

jisung rubbed minho's back to soothe him, also whispering comforting words in his ear.

at that moment, minho felt vulnerable, and he allowed himself to be, 'just this once,' he thought.

'just this once, i'll show my vulnerability to you, han jisung,'

minho held onto the embrace, burying his face against jisung's neck as tears streamed down his cheeks. the realization that he wouldn't be able to celebrate his mother's special day with her weighed heavily on his heart.

-----

the two of them sat there in a comfortable silence, wrapped in the warmth of their shared moment. jisung continued to offer his comforting presence to minho, who was gradually calming down. minho's head had found its place on jisung's shoulder, his face nuzzled into the curve of jisung's neck, where he could catch a whiff of the familiar, sweet scent he associated with the younger.

in this embrace, minho felt a sense of solace that he hadn't expected. he cherished the feeling of being held by jisung, the closeness and the genuine care he could sense in the younger's actions.

"captain... do you wanna talk about it?" jisung's gentle voice broke the silence, his words chosen with care to offer support without pressure.

minho, still not in the mood to delve into his troubles, simply shook his head, silently conveying his reluctance to discuss his worries.

understanding his unspoken response, jisung pulled away from the hug, earning a soft whine from minho, which in turn made jisung chuckle.

"i need to use the bathroom, captain. don't miss me too much," jisung teased, heading to the bathroom with a light-hearted tone.

as jisung left the room, minho was left alone with his thoughts, the weight of recent events finally sinking in. the complexity of his feelings for jisung, mixed with the challenges of his current situation, weighed heavily on his mind. he let out a sigh, feeling himself falling deeper for the younger, but also recognizing the need to confront and address these emotions before they became overwhelming.

"i need to stop this... but how?" minho thought to himself, uncertain of the path ahead.