61

after the long drive, the two finally arrived at N seoul tower, also known as namsan tower. jisung had dozed off in the car, so minho gently tried to wake him up by leaning closer and tapping his cheeks.

"hey, my sleepy baby, we're here," minho whispered in a sweet, sing-song tone.

jisung began to stir in his sleep, his eyes slowly fluttering open to see minho's handsome face.

"hello, darling," jisung whispered in a raspy voice, offering a warm smile to the older.

minho returned the smile, sealing his greeting with a tender peck on jisung's lips to fully rouse him. "come on, love," he urged.

jisung chuckled at minho's sweet wake-up call before stretching his limbs and opening the car door beside him. minho did the same, and as they stepped out of the car, he immediately went to jisung's side, smoothly intertwining their hands. they walked closely together, hands intertwined, as they approached the entrance of the tower.

-----

when they entered the tower, jisung immediately reached for his wallet, intending to pay for their entrance before minho could.

as the lady asked for payment, jisung swiftly handed her the money, causing minho to turn to him with a playful expression of feigned betrayal.

"i was going to pay for it!" minho protested, but jisung simply responded with an innocent smile.

minho shook his head at jisung's antics, his smile never fading. they then proceeded to ascend the tower, with minho ensuring jisung didn't feel too overwhelmed by the height.

interestingly, jisung didn't feel as scared as he expected. perhaps it was minho's comforting presence and their intertwined hands that made him feel truly at ease.

after some time, they finally reached the observatory floor. minho gave jisung's hand a reassuring squeeze before they stepped fully onto the floor. since it was already evening and quite crowded, the two decided not to spend too long there.

minho gently guided jisung to take in the breathtaking view of seoul, bathed in the colorful city lights beneath the starry night sky and the soothing glow of the moon.

"love, i'm here, okay? if you're scared, just tell me," minho reassured jisung before encouraging him to look at the view.

jisung nodded, shifting his focus to the mesmerizing scene unfolding before them. he was immediately struck by its beauty, captivated by the cityscape that stretched out beneath them.

minho wore a warm smile as he noticed jisung's fascination, thinking 'he always gets captivated by the view,' he turned his gaze toward the panorama too and began to speak.

"you know, i used to be afraid of heights too," minho admitted. jisung turned his attention to minho, intrigued by what he had to say. sensing jisung's curiosity, minho continued, "but then i learned a trick to overcome it. don't focus on the height you're at; instead, focus on the view in front of you."

turning his gaze back to jisung, they locked eyes. "and in my eyes, you're the most beautiful view, han jisung," minho said, his smile radiating comfort and warmth. his eyes reflected jisung's image with pure sincerity and love.

jisung could feel tears welling up in his eyes as he was overwhelmed by the depth of minho's genuine love for him. he mirrored minho's smile and tenderly cupped the latter's cheeks.

"minho, darling, you never fail to make me feel special, to make my heart skip a beat with every word and gesture of yours. your efforts in helping me conquer my fears are already enough reason for me to want to spend my whole life with you, but you just keep giving me more reasons to fall even deeper for you," jisung confessed with heartfelt sincerity.

"lee minho, my captain, i love you so much," jisung added, his voice filled with warmth and affection. "and i feel like i'm not scared of anything when you're around," he concluded.

minho was taken aback by jisung's sudden heartfelt confession, but he also noticed that the younger didn't seem as tense as he was before, even though they were in a high place.

"love, you're not scared of heights anymore?" minho asked, his voice tinged with anticipation.

"i don't know, but for some reason, no matter how high we are right now, my nerves aren't tensing," jisung responded, realizing that ever since they had stepped into the observatory tower, he hadn't felt any uneasiness.

minho's smile widened with joy. "you're finally conquering your fear of heights, love!" he exclaimed, pulling jisung into a tight embrace.

jisung realized this too, and he hugged minho back tightly, jumping in his arms with joy. they didn't care about the people watching them; all that mattered was that they were happy in each other's arms, celebrating the progress jisung had made.

eventually, they let go of each other and headed to a shop that sold love padlocks, one of the main attractions at namsan tower. couples would lock these padlocks on a fence, and then they'd throw the keys away to symbolize eternal love.

after purchasing their locks, the couple descended the tower and went to the area where thousands of locks were located. they began looking for a spot where they could place their own locks.

"min! there's some space here!" jisung called out, waving for minho to join him.

minho headed over to where jisung was, and they started unpacking the locks and writing their wishes on them.

"love, what did you write?" minho asked, turning his attention to jisung.

"to be able to debut as an idol," jisung replied with a playful grin.

minho playfully rolled his eyes and pouted, saying, "so you don't want to be with me forever?"

jisung chuckled at minho's teasing, extending his hand with the lock toward minho. minho took the lock and read what was written on it: "captain lee ♡ han jisung forever :]"

"the box smile is so you," minho commented, handing jisung back his lock while showing him his own.

jisung read minho's lock: "to spend an eternity with my sky, han jisung."

"you're so cheesy," jisung teased, giving the lock back to minho with a loving smile.

"if expressing my love for you is cheesy, then so be it," minho replied, a warm smile on his face as he attached the lock to the fence. jisung did the same, and they both admired their locks with hands still intertwined.

"where do we throw the keys, captain?" jisung asked.

"i'm planning on burying them somewhere in japan," minho replied with a serious tone.

jisung giggled, finding minho's response interesting. "why japan though?" he asked.

"it's an important place in our journey to love, isn't it?" minho replied.

jisung nodded, agreeing that japan held special memories for them, especially in the early days of their relationship.

the couple took a few pictures on the bridge and captured images of their locks to remind them of their wishes for the future. afterward, they had dinner, with minho insisting on paying since jisung had covered the entrance fee at namsan. despite jisung's initial resistance, he eventually let minho take care of the bill as he was determined to do so.

as they headed home with contented hearts, jisung felt a sense of accomplishment. although he wasn't sure if he had permanently conquered his fear of heights, the progress he made that day was a step, and he knew he had minho's unwavering support and love to help him overcome any challenge.

-----
ji's notes!
sorry for the late update school is killing me istugug istugug frfr 😔😔 anyways i rlly want to write my next story titled '19' already but like i said, i'm bad at multitasking. but here's the story desc. of '19'

"third-year biology student lee minho moved to a different university in seoul. he now resides in a dorm with a quiet and mysterious boy named han jisung as his roommate."

it's not your typical roommate to lovers trope btw. i want to stray away from clichés as much as possible.