40

the two were currently seated at the table, eating the breakfast served by room service. since jisung was still feeling a bit clingy due to his illness, he kept whining for minho to feed him, and the latter didn't hesitate to comply.

"say 'ahh,' you big baby," minho teased, bringing the spoon up to jisung's mouth.

jisung obediently opened his mouth, his cheeks puffing up as he chewed on the food.

"you need to take your medicine after this, so eat up," minho advised, scooping another spoonful of food.

jisung absentmindedly nodded at minho's words, enjoying the older's care and attention.

-----

after breakfast, the two of them decided to watch a series on netflix. jisung was sitting up on his bed, absentmindedly stroking "minnie" on his lap while he kept warm in minho's oversized hoodie. since jisung still had a cold and needed thick clothing, minho had lent him one of his hoodies.

the older was currently seated on a chair beside jisung's bed. jisung didn't want minho to be too close to him because he didn't want minho to catch his cold, but at the same time, he didn't want him to be too far away either.

in the middle of the movie, minho suddenly remembered something and asked, "sungie, ryujin mentioned during dinner that you're into music?"

jisung immediately perked up at minho's question, shifting his focus from the tv to minho. "mhm, i am," he replied.

"can i listen?"

jisung was taken aback by minho's request but nodded with a smile, "of course, hyung," he said, grabbing his phone from the bedside table.

"i only have a few of my composed songs on this phone because most of them are on my laptop," he explained, his fingers dancing across his phone.

minho hummed in acknowledgment, eager to listen to jisung's composed songs. after a few taps on his phone, jisung played a song, the melody echoing in the hotel room.

curious, minho leaned closer to jisung's phone to better appreciate the musical masterpiece.

"funny what you're thinking, wherе are you?
who's in your head right now, someone other than me
looking for somebody
baby, don't go away
love me like you loved me
say you're still mine
i'd rather wish it was all a dream, i don't feel alright"

"damn, who hurt you?" minho commented with a chuckle.

despite the comment, minho found himself getting goosebumps from the song. it was incredibly well-written—the meaning, the music, and han jisung's heavenly voice were enough to captivate him.

jisung chuckled at minho's remark and explained, "i draw inspiration from the things i watch and read. funny thing is, i haven't actually experienced most of what i write about."

"i want this on spotify," minho declared, nodding his head in time with the music.

"i can give you a copy if you want, hyung," jisung offered.

"you know damn well i'm going to set it as my alarm and ringtone," minho responded with a mischievous grin.

jisung laughed at minho's playfulness and gently slapped his arm, saying, "hyung, stop it, i'm embarrassed."

"i still won't forget that you let ryujin listen to this masterpiece before me," minho retorted, a hint of sourness in his tone.

"well, if you hadn't decided to ignore me and lecture me about my behavior, i would've let you listen first," jisung fired back.

"ji, you know why i did that," minho replied, his tone softening.

"i do, but i'm still curious about why you were lecturing me about my behavior. why did you do that, hyung?" jisung asked, genuinely intrigued by minho's earlier actions.

"you don't need to know," minho replied, his tone firm.

"come on, hyung! consider it payment for making you listen to my song," jisung said, his cheeky smile accompanied by him lightly shaking minho to emphasize his point.

"no."

"pleaseeee."

"nope," minho persisted, popping the 'p' for emphasis.

"were you jealous?"

"me? jealous? hahahahah," minho continued, adding a fake laugh to his words, attempting to downplay it.

"yes," he concluded, averting jisung's gaze, well aware of what was coming next.

jisung gave minho a sly smirk and continued to playfully shake him, "hyung, you could have just told me, you knowww," he teased.

minho retorted with a playful raise of his eyebrows, "and why would i tell you that?"

at that moment, jisung abruptly perked up, startling minho a bit. "ah!" he exclaimed.

"jesus, what is it, sung? you almost gave me a heart attack," minho replied, clutching his chest.

"isn't today your mom's birthday?" jisung asked, turning to minho with his eyes wide in realization.

minho felt his heart warm at that; he thought to himself, 'he remembered...'

"yeah, it's too bad i won't be able to visit her, but at least tomorrow we can finally go back, which means i can visit her," minho replied, feeling a bit guilty that his mother would spend her special day alone.

"we're going back tomorrow?"

"mhm, the airline contacted me earlier. i'll tell the others in the group chat later," minho explained.

upon hearing this, jisung pouted, "i wasn't able to explore japan properly."

minho found the expression jisung was making incredibly cute, and he couldn't stop himself from pinching the younger's cheeks. "we can visit japan again on our own, sung," he said.

jisung's eyes immediately lit up at minho's words. "really?" he asked, looking up at the older with his shiny doe eyes.

"of course, my sungie. wherever you want to go, i'll take you there. think of it as one of my efforts in courting you," minho said with a warm tone, moving his hands from jisung's cheeks to his hair, gently stroking the fluffy strands.

"hyung..." jisung's voice quivered, his eyes moistening due to the overwhelming emotions combined with his current moodiness from being sick.

"don't cry now, sung. i won't be able to stand the sight of you crying," minho comforted, his fingers gently running through jisung's hair to soothe him.

"you're the one making me cry! jeez, what did i do in my past life to be liked by someone as perfect as you?" jisung rambled, a mixture of emotions causing his words to spill out.

"i'm the one who should be asking that," minho replied with a soft chuckle.

"captain, please stop being like this. it's not good for my heart," jisung playfully scolded.

"you're calling me captain again," minho pouted.

"you are MY captain. the captain on our journey to get to know each other, our journey to love," jisung emphasized, his words carrying a weight of sincerity.

minho fell silent, his heart swelling with the depth of jisung's feelings. sensing minho's momentary lack of response, jisung gently took minho's hand into his, a cheeky smile on his lips as he added, "captain mine."

-----
ji's notes!
enjoy the fluff while it lasts ig HAHSHAHHAGSHAGA GOOD NIGHT.