63

before departure, minho and jisung facetimed, with minho showing jisung that he was eating the cookies he had made while waiting for boarding.

sadly, they had to say goodbye once again as minho needed to head to the cockpit when the boarding began. jisung pouted at minho, but the latter promised him that he would immediately call after they landed in italy.

when minho stepped inside the cockpit, his co-pilot was already there.

"took you long to arrive, captain lee," the other pilot snickered, turning to minho.

"shut up, changbin. just because felix is on this flight doesn't mean you can be lovey-dovey the whole time we're in italy. i'm not gonna allow it," minho retorted, sitting next to the pilot named changbin.

during the pre-flight briefing, minho found out that felix was on this flight, and he happily revealed that he's dating the other pilot in this flight, captain seo changbin.

minho knew changbin well, as they had shared many flights together, and they were close friends, so he was shocked by the revelation. at the same time, he felt jealous; he wished jisung could be on this flight too.

"you wanna make the announcement?" minho asked, briefly turning to changbin.

"i don't mind," the other replied.

when all the passengers had finally boarded the plane, changbin began the announcement.

"ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. welcome aboard SKZ airlines flight CB97 bound for rome, italy. we're delighted to have you on board today and appreciate your choosing to fly with us," changbin began.

changbin continued the announcement while minho focused on checking the controls and their planned route.

"we anticipate good weather conditions for our flight today, and we'll do our best to make your journey as comfortable and pleasant as possible. thank you for choosing SKZ airlines. we're now ready for departure, and we'll be pushing back from the gate shortly. please enjoy your flight with us, and we'll keep you updated on our progress throughout the journey. thank you," changbin concluded.

after completing all pre-flight checks, they taxied on the runway, positioning the aircraft at the beginning of the runway, ready for takeoff.

they then communicated with air traffic control, requesting permission to take off. after receiving clearance, minho confirmed his understanding of the instructions, replying, "roger, cleared for takeoff, CB97."

and with that, the aircraft began to accelerate down the runway. as the aircraft reached its rotation speed, they smoothly lifted the nose, taking off and heading to rome, italy.

the flight they had was a direct one from seoul incheon international airport to rome fiumicino international airport, which would take around 11 hours. it saddened minho to know he wouldn't be able to contact jisung for 11 hours.

------

the blaring sound of jisung's phone ringing echoed throughout the room, rousing jisung from his sleep. he sat up in bed with a whine as he realized minho wasn't sleeping beside him.

as he got up, he grabbed his phone and checked the caller id before picking it up.

"hello?" jisung greeted, his voice carrying a lingering sense of annoyance, confused as to why the airline was calling him so fucking early in the morning

"good morning, mr. han. sorry to disturb you, but we wanted to inform you that you have a flight bound for italy scheduled for tomorrow," the agent informed.

at those words, jisung was immediately out of his daze, his eyes wide with surprise. "italy?" he asked, making sure he wasn't dreaming.

"yes, sir. rome, italy. the flight will be in the morning, so we hope you'll be ready for this flight tomorrow. once again, sorry for disturbing you, and thank you for your continued service with SKZ airlines!" the agent confirmed before ending the call.

after that, jisung immediately hurled his phone onto the bed in excitement, jumping around the room as he began to gather his things for tomorrow's flight. "yes! i'll be able to see minho!" he cheered, pacing around the room in sheer excitement.

-----

after finishing his preparations, jisung decided to take a quick shower, as the running around had left him feeling sweaty.

emerging from the shower with a towel wrapped around his slim waist, jisung headed to the closet and chose one of minho's many hoodies. he then sprayed himself with his usual cologne before grabbing his belongings and heading out.

jisung had decided that he wanted to surprise minho on his birthday tomorrow with a gift, as he felt his presence alone might not be enough. so he planned to find a gift at the mall today.

he stepped inside his car, turned the engine on, and headed in the direction of the mall.

-----

jisung was already inside the mall, diligently exploring various stores in search of the perfect gift for minho.

not too long after, a particular store caught his attention, prompting him to step inside. he carefully examined the merchandise, his eyes lighting up as he spotted the ideal gift for minho.

"who is it for, sir?" a helpful store employee inquired, eager to assist jisung in finding the perfect gift.

"it's for my boyfriend," jisung replied with a warm smile.

the worker nodded at jisung's response and presented a variety of items for him to consider. jisung's orbs sparkled as he perused the selection before him.

after careful consideration, jisung finally found it-the perfect gift for minho. he selected this item because it reminded him so much of minho and perfectly represented him.

jisung conveyed his choice to the worker, who promptly processed the transaction. after making the purchase, jisung left the store with a contented heart, whispering to himself, "i hope he likes it."

------

when jisung returned to minho's unit, he carefully tucked the gift he had purchased inside his luggage. afterward, he plopped onto the bed and sent a text message to someone.

jisung decided to send a message to felix, knowing that felix had mentioned being on a flight with minho

jisung decided to send a message to felix, knowing that felix had mentioned being on a flight with minho. considering the time difference, jisung assumed they had already arrived in italy by now. his phone soon chimed with a notification, prompting him to pick it up eagerly.

 his phone soon chimed with a notification, prompting him to pick it up eagerly

jisung chuckled and decided not to reply to felix. he then got comfortable in his bed, planning to get a good night's sleep as he had an early flight the next day.