56

☆ flashback ☆

it was saturday, the day jisung would visit chan's flight school along with felix. he was currently waiting in his room for the two to pick him up.

jisung perked up when he heard a soft knock on his door, and his mom's voice echoed from the doorway. "honey, felix is here," she informed him.

"i'll be there!" jisung called out, getting up from his spot to gather his belongings. he paused in front of the mirror for one last check of his appearance before heading out.

when he entered the living room, he found felix and chan engaged in a lively conversation with his parents.

"that's great, chan! i know you'll be one of the best pilots, just like jeongin's dad, captain yang," mr. han said, patting chan's back.

the people in the room immediately noticed jisung's presence, with felix standing up from his seat to playfully embrace jisung in a hug.

"jiji, are you ready?" he exclaimed, looking up at jisung with sparkling eyes.

"do i have a choice?" jisung playfully responded, feigning disappointment.

felix then pulled away, turning away from jisung with a huff, his arms crossed over his chest.

"hmph, i'm just helping you decide, and you treat me like this," felix pouted.

"honey, don't be mean to felix," mrs. han said with a chuckle, approaching felix.

felix then hugged mrs. han's torso, pretending to cry. "jiji hates me, huhu," he playfully whined.

everyone in the room chuckled at felix's playful antics, while jisung rolled his eyes, grabbing felix's arm and walking away with him.

"mom, dad, we'll be heading out now," he said, turning to inform them of their departure.

his parents nodded, waving their hands. chan also stood up from his seat, bowing to jisung's parents as he excused himself.

jisung and felix were already waiting by chan's car. as chan arrived, he unlocked the car, and the two promptly got inside. felix sat in the passenger seat, while jisung slouched in the backseat.

"you okay there, ji?" chan asked as he settled into his seat and started the engine.

"mhm, i'm a little tired from doing my assignments last night, so is it okay if i take a nap, hyung?" jisung asked, already making himself comfortable in his seat.

chan nodded at jisung. "of course, ji."

"wow, jiji finally took my advice!" felix cheered, turning around to face jisung.

jisung playfully scoffed at felix's remark, leaning his head against the window as he muttered, "i just want to have a free weekend, okay?"

felix nodded at jisung's answer, turning his head to the front and signaling for chan to start the car, which chan promptly did.

the ride was long, and jisung had dozed off in the backseat, while felix sang along to songs from chan's playlist, ensuring he wasn't too loud to wake up jisung.

chan glanced at the rearview mirror, observing jisung slumped in his seat. "jisung seems moody these days," he remarked, voicing his thoughts.

felix nodded in agreement, a visible frown on his face. "i think it's because he hasn't decided what to do for college. though i'm not really sure, it's just speculation," felix replied.

"is that why you want to persuade him to consider tourism?" chan inquired, shooting a glance at felix.

"i don't want to force my decisions on him, hyung. but i thought, maybe if he sees how enjoyable it is to be part of the sky crew, then he might become interested. that way, he won't have any problems deciding on a major," felix explained.