29

when minho emerged from the bathroom, he found that jisung was no longer in the room. the door had slammed shut loudly earlier, catching Minho's attention.

"damn it..." minho sighed, a mix of relief and guilt washing over him.

he was relieved that jisung had left the room, as he knew he couldn't keep up the act of avoiding him for much longer. however, he also felt a pang of guilt. jisung had done nothing wrong, and here minho was, purposefully ignoring him.

minho was resolute in his decision to try to suppress his feelings for the younger, but he was fully aware that it wouldn't be an easy task. avoiding jisung seemed like the only solution for now, even though he didn't like the idea one bit. yet, he felt it was necessary, almost as if he had no other choice.

moving over to the dining table, minho was drawn by the aroma of food. his eyes landed on the dishes spread out before him, and he mumbled, "his food is gone," realizing that jisung's portion of the meal was nowhere to be found.

sitting down, minho absentmindedly began to eat, his thoughts consumed by where jisung might be. "he's probably with hyunjin again," he muttered to himself, a sour feeling welling up within him that even tainted the taste of the food he was consuming.

-----

having finished his meal, minho returned to his bed, his eyes unconsciously falling on the vacant spot beside him where jisung usually rested. the cat plushie sat alone on the empty bed, a visual reminder of jisung's absence.

his gaze lingered on the bed for a moment, a sense of longing gnawing at him as he missed the younger's presence. shaking off the feeling, minho shifted his attention and propped himself up on his arms, grabbing his phone from the bedside table. he allowed himself to mindlessly scroll through his social media, hoping to distract himself.

amidst his scrolling, his phone suddenly pinged, notifying him of a new message in their group chat. he quickly exited the app he had been using and opened the message to see what it was about.

minho's eyes scanned through the messages, his lips forming a quiet murmur, "they're together again

minho's eyes scanned through the messages, his lips forming a quiet murmur, "they're together again..."

closing the messaging app, he chose not to reply, recognizing that his current mood might lead him to say something he'd regret to hyunjin. pushing himself off the bed, he stood up and retrieved the remote, opting to watch tv to help pass the time and distract himself.

-----

soft murmurs from the tv provided background noise, blending with the gentle pattering of raindrops against the window.

minho's attention had drifted away from the television screen, his mind once again entrapped by his inner contemplations:

'will this even work?'

'i can't bear to cause him pain.'

'lee minho you know damn well there's no such thing as love. just look at what happened to your parents.'