75

jisung had returned to his hotel room, and earlier, minho had insisted on accompanying him back. however, jisung had firmly declined, telling minho that he could go back on his own as he didn't want to exhaust the captain any longer. as a result, minho had gotten quite pouty when his offer was denied, and jisung had to stay for a few more minutes just to baby him. minho was happy with it, though, as it meant he could have a bit more of jisung's attention. unfortunately, after that, jisung really did leave.

currently, the younger was lying on the bed in his hotel room. he had just finished a warm shower and was now on a video call with minho. the older had gotten awfully bored at the airport and suggested they have a video call, despite jisung telling him that he might fall asleep on the call. minho didn't mind, though; he just wanted jisung's presence around him.

"darling, i'm getting tired," jisung said through the other line, his voice raspy as he tried to fight off the sleep that was trying to consume him.

"go to sleep, love. but just keep the call on," minho replied, his video blurry as he tried to find the perfect position for his ipad.

"do you have separation anxiety?" jisung lightheartedly teased, chuckling.

jisung's background was dim, with only the warm glow of the bedside lamp providing lighting. nonetheless, his soft features and disheveled hair could be seen from the other side, not to mention, his bare chest was visible since a few buttons of his pajamas were unbuttoned.

"with you, yes," minho responded to jisung's joke, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"i don't think i'm comfortable with you watching me sleep," jisung feigned concern.

"loveeee, please, i'm bored here," minho whined, showing jisung his cutest pout.

their playful banter lasted for a while, as jisung enjoyed the reactions he got from teasing minho. they only stopped when jisung couldn't fight off sleep any longer. he decided to position the ipad on the bedside table, wished minho a good night, and then drifted off to sleep.

-----

it was now early in the morning, and when jisung woke up, he immediately turned to his ipad to see if he was still on call with minho. unfortunately, the call had ended a few hours before he woke up, with a message from minho saying that they were departing.

after reading this, jisung got up from his bed and prepared his uniform before taking a refreshing shower.

jisung emerged from the bathroom, with steam trailing behind him. he then put on his neat airline uniform, ensuring there were no wrinkles. after that, he dried his hair and styled it, applied light makeup, and sprayed himself with his usual cologne.

as he gathered all his belongings from the hotel room and packed them into his luggage, something caught his eye. on one of the tables, he saw something shiny. he picked it up, studying it with sparkling eyes.

"the promise ring..." he muttered to himself, realizing that it was the other half of the promise ring he had gifted minho on his birthday.

he gazed at it with a sad smile, recalling how he had taken it off during the misunderstanding that had occurred on minho's birthday. originally, jisung had been wearing the ring as a necklace, but during that event, he had angrily seized it from his neck and placed it on one of the tables in the room, forgetting about it until now.

jisung shook his head, trying to push that painful memory to the back of his mind, reminding himself that they had resolved the problem. with a determined spirit, he put the ring back on as a necklace, smiling at his reflection in the mirror as he watched it swing gently.