82

finally, the day had come for minho's proposal to take action. when minho woke up, he immediately checked everything, making sure that jisung's answer would be a joyful 'yes.'

as jisung slowly fluttered his eyes open, he realized that minho was no longer by his side. he got up from the bed and noticed that minho was on the balcony, shirtless, engaged in a phone call. jisung made his way to the balcony, leaning on the entryway as he waited for minho to finish the call.

"okay, thank you. goodbye," minho said, ending the call. just then, jisung's soft voice reached his ears, "who was that, darling?" jisung asked from behind him.

minho panicked for a moment, his heart racing at the thought that jisung might have overheard his phone call. "just an agent from the airline," he replied quickly, trying to come up with a plausible response.

jisung hummed in response, seemingly accepting minho's answer. he approached the older and draped his hands over minho's shoulders. "what's your plan for today, captain?" jisung asked in a sweet tone, gently swaying them from side to side as he stared into minho's eyes, his own sparkling with affection.

minho wrapped his arms around jisung's waist to support him, going along with the swaying. "let's have breakfast first," he replied, playfully booping jisung's nose.

jisung giggled at minho's gesture, stealing a quick kiss on the lips before pulling away from their embrace. "darling, aren't you cold? the air is blowing cold air, and you're out here without a shirt," jisung commented, looking at minho with concern.

"i know, love. come, let's go back inside," minho responded, gently grabbing jisung's hand and leading them back into the room.

jisung settled on the couch and asked, "what time is room service again?"

"i believe it's around 8," minho answered, grabbing a shirt to put on before sitting beside jisung.

as minho sat down, jisung immediately leaned his head on the older's shoulder. "this feels like we're on a honeymoon," he remarked, giggling as he did so.

minho chuckled softly at jisung's words, playing with the younger's hair as they waited for room service to arrive, savoring this precious moment together.

-----

in the midst of waiting for room service to arrive, minho suddenly stood up from their position, causing jisung to perk up at his abrupt movement.

"what is it, darling?" jisung asked, his concern evident.

"i'll be right back, love. i just need to get something outside," minho replied, already reaching for his shoes.

"i can come with you," jisung insisted, his unease growing with minho's unusual behavior.

"no need. i don't want to tire you. just wait here, and i'll come back immediately," minho reassured him, placing a quick kiss on jisung's forehead before swiftly leaving the room, not giving jisung a chance to respond.

jisung frowned when minho left the room, finding everything about the situation quite peculiar. he continued to lounge on the couch, contemplating the possible reasons for minho's strange behavior. soon, he was interrupted by a soft knock on the door and a voice calling out, "room service."

jisung quickly opened the door, welcoming the attendant into the room. the attendant offered a polite smile as they placed the food on the table. "enjoy your food, sir," the attendant said before leaving the room.

with the attendant gone, jisung turned his attention to the delicious-looking meal before him. originally, he had intended to wait for minho to return, but his growling stomach urged him to start eating, and he even covered minho's portion to keep it warm.

as he savored his meal, jisung noticed an odd-looking object on the tray that had been used to deliver their food. he picked up the folded paper and as he unfolded it, his eyes furrowed at the text written on it.

"are you enjoying your food, love? sorry i'm not there to eat with you, but don't be too upset, okay? for today, let's play a little game! i've had this game planned for a while, and i hope you'll have fun playing it with me.

the game's objective is for you to find me. it's kind of like hide and seek, except in every note like these, i'll be leaving out hints to your next destination until the last one where i'll be waiting.

your first hint is: our first stop in japan.

good luck, my love! i know you'll do well :)" the note read.

when jisung finished reading the note, his eyes widened, and he exclaimed, "LEE MINHO?!" he couldn't believe that minho wanted to play a game of hide and seek with him.

jisung's face was painted with sheer shock. he hadn't expected minho to pull something like this. "what is this guy planning?" he murmured to himself. nonetheless, he finished his meal and got dressed, ready to go where the note had instructed him to go.

earlier, he had tried to contact minho and ask him about what he was planning, but the older was unreachable. it seemed like minho's phone was turned off, leaving jisung with no choice but to participate in minho's little game.

jisung picked up the note again, rereading the hint that minho had provided. "our first stop in japan?" he mumbled, thinking back on their visits to japan and trying to figure out which one the hint referred to.

it took him a while to decipher minho's hint, but when he did, he jumped in realization. the hint was referring to the ramen shop where minho had taken him and hyunjin during his first flight to japan.

with determination in his steps and all his important belongings in tow, jisung left the hotel room. he was determined to find minho and get some answers about this unexpected game.

-----

when jisung arrived at the ramen shop, the owner greeted him in japanese, saying, "welcome."

jisung greeted in return, and the owner nodded, pointing to a table in the corner and beckoning for jisung to sit there. the younger followed the owner's instructions and took a seat. shortly after, a bowl of ramen was placed in front of him, along with a familiar note handed to him by the owner themselves.

jisung unfolded the note as soon as it was given to him, reading it with a serious expression.

"good job, my love! you've successfully arrived at your first destination. i'm glad you remembered this place :)

i still vividly remember how i brought you to this place during your first flight to japan. the sight of you enjoying your bowl of ramen will never leave my memory; it's carved there forever. anyways, i ordered you the same ramen you had that time. eat first before you head to your next destination, love. good luck, and i love you!

next hint: captain minnie."

a wide smile graced jisung's lips as he read the letter, his heart warming at how minho still remembered even the little things. he glanced at the bowl of ramen in front of him and confirmed that it was indeed the same one he had ordered so many years ago.

jisung folded the note and put it inside his pocket before enjoying the warm ramen, savoring both the delicious food and the warmth of minho's gestures.

after he finished his meal, he expressed his gratitude to the owner and stepped out of the ramen shop, ready to proceed to his next destination.

"next is the mall," he muttered to himself, his determination shining brightly in his eyes.