23

after their dinner at musashi, the group then decided to head to floor 445, the tokyo skytree tembo galleria. floor 445 is one of the highest points of tokyo skytree, with a sloped tembo galleria leading from floor 445 to its summit at the sorakara point on floor 450. this floor is also where many guests take commemorative photographs. but due to the approaching storm and bad weather, the skytree doesn't have many visitors at this moment.

jisung was determined to go to that floor, despite being completely afraid of how high it would be. he wanted to conquer his fears.

on the way there, jisung's hand was still intertwined with minho's. the latter felt him trembling with anxiety, so he reminded him, "jisung, i'm here."

minho's words reached him, snapping him out of his anxious thoughts and causing him to gaze up at the older. the sight of minho's comforting smile acted as a balm to jisung's tense nerves. that smile became a silent encouragement for jisung not to back down from his internal challenge of conquering his fears.

jisung returned minho's reassurance by squeezing his hand, a small gesture that conveyed his gratitude for the other's support. "thank you, minho," jisung expressed, a warm smile spreading across his face.

upon reaching floor 445, minho gently lifted jisung's chin, ensuring their eyes met. "if it becomes too overwhelming, just look at me, okay?"

at his sudden gestures, heat rushed to jisung's cheeks. he nodded at minho's words, his eyes gazing at him before he faced the panoramic windows that displayed the breathtaking view of tokyo from above.

"jihyo noona! jisung and i will be on the other side," minho's voice called out, his actions leading jisung away by gently tugging at his arm. jihyo was left momentarily speechless, a contented sigh escaping her lips as she watched them walk away before continuing with the rest of the group.

"h-hyung, why are we separating from the group?" jisung asked, slightly exasperated due to catching up with minho who was walking slightly ahead.

"i feel like the view is better on this side," were the only words minho said, before continuing.

when they reached the other side of the floor, jisung was awestruck by the view. 'minho was right, the view is better here,' he thought to himself, unconsciously walking closer to the glass and tugging minho with him.

the sight that greeted them was nothing short of spectacular: the entirety of tokyo illuminated under the night sky, stars sprinkled across the canvas. the cool evening air and the stunning scenery combined to create a moment that both of them would remember for a long time.

-----

at this moment, jisung was lost in the view in front of him, not even realizing the height they were currently at. minho stood beside jisung, admiring a different view.

the sight of jisung, his eyes reflecting pure admiration as he gazed out at the panoramic view of tokyo, rendered minho momentarily speechless.

"ah! i need to capture this," jisung exclaimed, nearly forgetting to commemorate the scene before him as he was captivated by the view.

he quickly grabbed his camera, positioning it against the glass and taking several snapshots of the mesmerizing view. after capturing a series of images, he turned his attention to minho.

"hyung, let's take a photo!" he proposed, raising the camera higher and angling the lens to capture both of them.

minho complied with a wordless nod, drawing closer to jisung. their faces came within inches of each other as they posed for the photo. "smile, hyung!" jisung encouraged, snapping the picture at just the right moment.

after experimenting with a few more poses, jisung reviewed the images he had taken. as he scrolled through them, he stumbled upon one that made his heart race.

it was a photo of him and minho, captured in a candid moment. jisung was looking directly at the camera, while minho was gazing at him, his eyes telling a story of their own.

"let me see," minho requested, leaning over to catch a glimpse of the photos jisung had taken.

the younger immediately scrolled to the next picture, a visible blush on his cheeks. "i-i'll show you at the hotel," he stammered.

minho nodded, his gaze soft as he noticed jisung's reddening face. he adjusted jisung's scarf to properly cover him, thinking it was because of the cold.

suddenly, jisung froze as minho's fingers adjusted his scarf, and he swiftly turned his head towards the window beside him. in that instant, he caught a glimpse of the ground far below, his heart racing as panic coursed through him.

minho, noticing jisung's sudden tenseness, paused and took a closer look at him. he realized that the younger was frozen, his head turned to the window, his gaze fixed on the ground beneath them.

cold sweat trickled down jisung's forehead, his hand growing clammy. the full extent of the height they were at was sinking in, overwhelming him with anxiety and panic.

recognizing jisung's distress, minho acted quickly. he gently grabbed jisung's shoulder, his voice calm but firm as he called out, "ji, look at me, don't look down."

unfortunately, his words seemed to fall on deaf ears as jisung remained trapped in his panicked state.

minho attempted to shake him lightly, but his efforts were in vain. jisung continued to gaze downward, his eyes growing teary as he remained rooted to the spot in his panicked state.

meanwhile, jisung's panic had escalated. he was consumed by thoughts like, "you'll fall if you move," and "why are you even a flight attendant when you're afraid of heights?"

tears began to stream down his cheeks, a physical manifestation of the overwhelming mix of thoughts and fears flooding his mind. finally, he managed to break free from his trance, responding to minho's persistent calls.

slowly, he diverted his gaze from the window. "minho, i'm so-" his words were cut off as he felt soft lips pressing against his own.

minho was kissing him.

jisung's body went rigid, his mind racing as minho's hands rested on his shoulders, deepening the kiss. a moment of hesitation passed, but jisung's desire for connection overcame his uncertainty, and he began to kiss minho back, their lips crashing together in a passionate embrace.

amidst the breathtaking view of tokyo's night sky and stars, the scene unfolding before them became one of the most beautiful sights in skytree. two souls intertwined in a passionate kiss, framed by the sprawling cityscape and the starry heavens above.

as minho felt the younger kissing him back, he finally snapped back to his senses, immediately pulling away. his cheeks were flushed, and a string of saliva briefly connected their lips.

he took a step back, hastily wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

jisung stared at minho, his gaze locked onto the expression on the older's face. jisung's heart ached at the mixture of emotions he could see in minho's eyes.

minho appeared slightly shocked, his mouth slightly open, and his eyes reflecting regret and fear. he had instinctively put distance between them.

seeing minho like this, jisung's heart sank, and he frowned. he took a hesitant step forward, slowly closing the gap between them. he extended his arms slightly as if to reach out to minho and comfort him. "minho-"

"i'm sorry."

minho's words hit jisung like a punch to the gut. the apology was heart-wrenching, and it left jisung speechless. he halted in his tracks, watching minho abruptly turn away and walk off, leaving jisung standing there.

jisung's outstretched arm fell to his sides, and fresh tears welled up in his eyes. his throat tightened, and his chest heaved as he struggled to catch his breath amid the surge of emotions overwhelming him.

-----
ji's notes!
lmao should i apologize or nah? HAHSHAHAHHA btw the ending for this story is still undecided, whether it's gonna be good or bad. so comments and suggestions are highly appreciated, i wanna see if people are interested enough in this story to finish it HAHSHSHAH