15

it was now eight in the morning, and due to the heavy downpour outside, jisung decided to stay in the hotel for the day. he lounged on his bed, the cat plushie wrapped around his arms as he gazed at the pitter-patter of rain outside.

minho emerged from the bathroom after washing up and noticed that jisung was already awake, looking wistfully at the window. 'he really wants to make the most of his stay here,' minho thought, feeling sympathetic for the younger.

a rustling sound came from minho's side of the room, prompting jisung to shift his gaze from the window to the noise.

"you're awake," minho simply stated as he returned to his bed and started scrolling through his phone.

jisung responded with a nonchalant hum, his orbs fixed on minho as he scrolled through his phone. 'he's always on that damn phone,' jisung internally complained, his lips forming a slight pout.

noticing jisung's gaze lingering on him, minho turned his head and saw jisung lying on his bed, cuddling "minnie" with a pout on his face. "you okay?" minho asked.

jisung decided he didn't want to answer minho. he stood up from his place, stretching his limbs in the process, inadvertently revealing his toned abs when he raised his arms upwards.

unbeknownst to jisung, minho's gaze was drawn to his physique. 'he looks like a squirrel, but his body is of a sinner,' minho commented to himself mentally, a low chuckle escaping his lips due to his playful thoughts.

jisung noticed the chuckle and swiftly turned his head toward minho, his expression turning into a glare. he thought minho might be laughing at him. "what are you laughing at?" he questioned with a hint of irritation.

"nothing," minho responded simply, his attention quickly returning to his phone.

annoyance gnawed at jisung as he observed minho's continued focus on his device. the constant distraction made him feel as if minho wasn't interested in his presence. however, he tried to remind himself that he shouldn't care too much about it.

shrugging off his thoughts, jisung tidied up his bed and carefully placed minnie in its spot. "i'm going to have some coffee in the lobby," he announced, already changing out of his sleepwear.

minho hummed in acknowledgment without taking his eyes off his phone, seemingly unfazed by jisung's departure.

sensing minho's lack of interest, jisung briskly left the room, perhaps showing a bit more irritation in his footsteps and slightly slamming the door behind him.

"yesterday he was treating me like i just saved him from death, but today he's treating me like i'm death itself!" jisung muttered under his breath as he walked through the hallways toward the lobby. he was growing increasingly annoyed by minho's shifting behavior.

-----

as jisung entered the lobby, he spotted a group of flight attendants and gave them a wave.

"jisung!" one of the flight attendants called out, acknowledging his arrival.

"ryujin!" jisung replied as he approached the group of fellow flight attendants gathered in the lobby.

as he joined them, he took a moment to observe everyone. "where's captain hwang?" he asked, realizing that hyunjin was missing from the group.

"i knocked on his door earlier to invite him for coffee, but he didn't answer. i think he's still sleeping," jihyo explained, blowing on her steaming cup of coffee before taking a sip.

"heyyy jisung, how was your date with captain lee yesterday?" one of the flight attendants playfully teased, nudging jisung's side.

"it wasn't a date! captain hwang was with us the whole time," jisung responded, flailing his arms dramatically for emphasis.

"ehhh, but captain hwang told us you and captain lee were practically glued together, even holding hands," the flight attendant continued, wearing a sly smile.

"sana noona, captain hwang tends to exaggerate things, you know how he is," jisung defended, mentally scolding hyunjin for being a loudmouth.

"mhm, but we couldn't help but notice that captain lee seems really fond of you. do you two perhaps know each other from before?" sana probed further.

"captain lee and i actually met a few weeks ago through my friend, captain bang. we all went to a club together, and that's about it," jisung explained, his cheeks blushing at the nonexistent memory of what he and minho did that night.

"whoa! you know captain bang? he's like my bff!" sana cheered, her orbs sparkling with excitement.

"yeah, my best friend is cousins with him, so we became close friends too," jisung replied.

"jisung, it seems like you know a lot of people from SKZ airlines," jihyo remarked.

"mhm, i know lee felix, senior captain yang, captain bang and his family, and now the two captains of this flight, captain hwang and captain lee," jisung listed, standing up from his seat to go grab coffee. "i'll be right back. i'm going to get myself some coffee," he excused himself before heading to a nearby counter.

the lobby had its own café where guests could enjoy snacks and drinks. jisung glanced at the menu before ordering an iced americano and a slice of strawberry cheesecake. the café worker asked where he would be sitting, as they would deliver the order to him.

once he had placed his order, jisung returned to the group, and the flight attendants greeted him happily, glad to have him back with them.

"so jisung, is there anyone you find handsome at the airlines?" sana asked, playfully raising and lowering her eyebrows.

jisung's eyes widened, and he stammered, "w-what?"

"come on, jisung, it's pretty clear that you swing that way," sana pointed out as if it were the most obvious thing.

jisung pursed his lips, thinking, 'i didn't know i was that obvious!'

"don't believe sana, jisung. she just has a good gaydar, but it's not actually obvious which way you swing," jihyo reassured, giving sana a sideways glance.

jisung found himself calming down a bit at jihyo's words.

"but jisungieee, answer my question. who do you find handsome?" sana pressed, her eyes twinkling with anticipation.

jisung pondered how to respond to sana's question, "i don't know many people from the airlines yet..."

"that's okay! just tell us who's the most handsome one you've seen so far," sana continued, her curiosity unwavering.

jisung resumed thinking carefully, 'people i know from SKZ airlines are all good-looking, but he's probably the most handsome... i think,' he pondered to himself.

"alright, i have an answer," he finally announced.

all eyes were now on him, and jisung gulped before giving a warning, "by the way, this is just based on my opinion. it doesn't mean anything, okay?" he said, making it clear to the people in the group.

everyone nodded, clearly intrigued by jisung's answer.

jisung took a deep breath and said, "captain hwang hyunjin."

the others seemed surprised by his answer; their wide-eyed stares caught jisung off guard. "what...?" he asked, feeling a bit nervous due to their reaction.

sana suddenly pointed behind him, causing him to sense a presence. before he could even turn his head, a voice spoke up.

"not me?"