39

after their afternoon of making bead accessories, jisung grew tired and went to sleep on his own bed. minho wanted to sleep next to him, but jisung insisted that minho should sleep on his own bed to avoid catching his cold.

before jisung went to bed, minho requested room service for the evening since jisung needed to eat before taking his meds and going to sleep.

in the middle of the night, jisung kept stirring in his sleep, and cold sweat trickled down his forehead. minho grew extremely worried, so he positioned a chair next to jisung's bed to keep an eye on him.

upon placing his hand on jisung's forehead, he immediately retracted it as the younger's temperature was high. he was burning up.

jisung's eyes were closed due to the uncomfortable feeling and the pain that comes with being sick. not only was he burning with fever, but his nose was runny, and he was also coughing.

minho's heart sank at jisung's condition. he immediately went to the bathroom, grabbing a damp towel to place on the younger's forehead.

seeing minho leave his side, jisung began whining, his voice nasal and sounding almost tearful, "minhoooo."

minho heard jisung's plea and hurried back from the bathroom, responding, "just a second, sungie. i'll be right there, i promise."

tears welled up in jisung's eyes. the sickness was making him incredibly moody, and he just wanted minho to be by his side.

minho didn't take long to return, gathering everything he needed and hurrying back to the sick jisung in bed.

"shh, i'm here now," he whispered to jisung, gently wiping away the tears that had escaped from his eyes.

"everything hurts, hyunggg," jisung whined, his movements restless as he tried to find a comfortable position on the bed.

minho's frown deepened, feeling a pang of sympathy for the suffering jisung. he carefully placed the damp towel on jisung's forehead, then covered him with the duvet and tucked the cat plushie into his arms.

"i'm right here, ji. i'll take care of you," he reassured, his fingers gently stroking jisung's hair.

though jisung's eyes were still tightly shut, minho's soothing gestures were slowly easing his discomfort, causing his eyelids to relax.

seeing jisung's breathing gradually calm down, minho began humming a soft tune, hoping to lull him to sleep. as he hummed, he continued the comforting motions on jisung's head.

minho's tender care began to take effect, and jisung started to drift off, the unpleasant sensations slowly fading away.

after a few moments, soft snores could be heard in the room, indicating that jisung had finally fallen asleep.

seeing this, minho let out a sigh of relief, relieved that jisung had finally found some comfort and fallen asleep. he placed a tender kiss on the younger's forehead before making his way back to his own bed. however, he doubted he could sleep much, given his worry for jisung.

-----

the next day had arrived, marking their fifth day in japan, as well as minho's mother's birthday. minho was roused from his sleep by the ringing of his phone on the bedside table. he sat up, checking the caller id before answering the call.

after picking up the call, minho glanced over at jisung's bed, hoping that the loud ringing hadn't disturbed the younger's sleep

after picking up the call, minho glanced over at jisung's bed, hoping that the loud ringing hadn't disturbed the younger's sleep. he sighed in relief when he saw that jisung was still comfortably nestled in bed, his hair disheveled, mouth slightly open, and "minnie" tucked in his arms. the sight brought a smile to minho's face before he left the room to take the call.

"captain, we finally have a return date for you," the airline agent's voice came from the other end.

"when?" minho replied, his voice betraying a hint of annoyance due to just having woken up.

"tomorrow, captain. the weather forecast indicates lighter rain tomorrow, which is safe for flying. additionally, the storm is already moving away from japan, so it'll be safe for your return trip tomorrow," the agent explained.

"what time?"

"the return flight is scheduled for 10 am tomorrow. please make sure to be at the airport at least two hours prior to departure, captain. have a safe journey back!" the agent concluded before ending the call.

minho let out a sigh. he was relieved that they would be heading back to korea tomorrow, even though he had hoped for it to be today due to his mother's birthday. however, he also understood that jisung needed another day to recover. as he returned to the room, he muttered to himself, "i can still visit mom tomorrow," reminding himself of the importance of both his responsibilities and his personal life.

he glanced at the clock and mumbled to himself, "it's only six am." minho had stayed up late the previous night, worried that jisung might wake up needing something, which made him delay his own sleep.

with a sigh, he headed to the small kitchen in the room, using the provided coffee maker and condiments to prepare a cup. as minho sipped the coffee, he felt his eyelids getting heavy. he was tempted to go back to sleep, but he knew it would disrupt his schedule for the day. moreover, he wanted to be awake when jisung eventually woke up.

continuing to sip his coffee, minho absentmindedly gazed at the balcony where the rain was still falling, although not as heavily as in the past few days. his thoughts were interrupted by shuffling sounds coming from jisung's bed. he turned his attention to the younger, watching as jisung slowly sat up from the bed.

minho placed his coffee on the table and walked over to jisung's side. as he approached, he gently placed his hand on jisung's forehead to check his temperature.

"still burning..." he muttered.

jisung was still in a daze, his eyes slowly fluttering to adjust to the light in the room. gradually, he shook off his sleepiness and greeted, "good morning, minnnn," as he rubbed his eyes, looking up at the older with a faint smile.

minho returned the smile, saying, "i'll make you some tea, just stay there."

jisung, still groggy, questioned, "tea? where did you find tea? i thought this hotel only had coffee..."

"i bought some herbal tea yesterday, i thought it might help with your cold," minho replied, already starting to prepare the tea for jisung.

as jisung observed minho's efforts in making the tea, a warm smile graced his lips, his heart swelling with appreciation for minho's considerate gestures.

"i hope you'll be the pilot as we journey through the vast sky called life," he murmured to himself.