69

it was their second day in italy, and jisung was in his hotel room, quietly seated on his bed as he scrolled through minho's flood of messages. minho would send jisung greetings, reminding him to always eat and stay hydrated, and expressing his love for the younger.

jisung read all of it, his heart fluttering at how minho would still send him these kinds of things despite them not being on good terms. after reading minho's good morning message, he closed his phone, deciding he was not ready to reply yet.

since yesterday, jisung had also been pondering their situation. a part of him believed that minho was telling the truth that nothing happened between him and the woman, but he was still scared of the possibility that there was more to it.

jisung released a deep sigh, trying to find it in himself to decide whether or not he was ready to talk to the older. jisung knew that when he and minho had that talk, they both needed to be composed so as not to intensify the situation. he didn't want them to end up screaming at each other like the last time, so he decided to give it time.

his thoughts were then interrupted by a soft knock on his door, a voice calling out, "jisungie, can i come in?"

turning his attention to the door, jisung hesitated before finally deciding it wouldn't hurt to have company. "mhm, the door is unlocked," he replied.

and with that, the door swung open, revealing yeji carrying a paper bag, with a slight frown on her face.

"i bought you cheesecake as an apology," she said, approaching jisung. she placed the paper bag on the table and decided to keep her distance by sitting on the chair.

"apology? for what?" jisung asked, confusion etched on his features.

"for worsening your situation with minho..." yeji replied, her voice small as she bowed her head down, fidgeting with her fingers.

jisung shook his head, saying, "yeji, you didn't do anything wrong. you shouldn't apologize."

yeji then abruptly raised her head, shaking her head in opposition, "no, jisung, you don't get it. i... i shouldn't have hugged you despite it being for comfort. i knew you had someone, and that's stepping over boundaries," she replied firmly.

"look, yeji, it's fine. i don't mind. in fact, i should be the one apologizing to you. i should have let go immediately, but i didn't, and that probably made you uncomfortable," jisung responded, showing yeji an apologetic smile.

"jisung, that's the thing. i didn't hate that hug. in fact, i loved it. i like you, jisung, and i hate how i hugged you while having those feelings. it felt wrong," yeji admitted, her voice slightly raising.

jisung was taken aback by the sudden confession, his eyes slightly widening and his mouth forming an 'o' shape.

yeji immediately realized the words she blurted out without much thought, and her cheeks started heating up. "d-don't feel bad about not liking me back, okay?! seeing you happy is enough for me," she bashfully said, her voice barely audible at the end.

initially, jisung was shocked by the revelation, but seeing yeji's bashfulness, he couldn't help the soft chuckle that escaped his lips. "i would never expect you to like me out of many people," he lightheartedly stated.

yeji immediately protested, not accepting jisung's self-deprecating remark, "shut up! you're one of the best people i've met. like, you're literally perfect, and you should be aware of that."

jisung chuckled at yeji's determination, deciding to give up as he had no energy to argue with her.

the room was then enveloped in comfortable silence, with jisung sitting next to yeji at the table and eating the cheesecake she bought. the silence was then interrupted when yeji decided to speak up, "jisung... do you wanna talk about it?" she asked carefully.