26

jisung spent the night at hyunjin's place, insisting on sleeping on the couch despite hyunjin's offer of the bed. jisung's argument was, "you'll have a hard time sleeping on the couch with those long legs of yours. besides, you're the owner of this hotel room, and i'm the guest, so i should sleep on the couch." hyunjin eventually gave in, allowing jisung to take the couch for the night.

morning arrived, and jisung knew he had to return to his shared hotel room for room service. although he initially dreaded going back, he had made up his mind to have a heart-to-heart conversation with minho about the events that had unfolded the previous night.

'i need to know if he feels the same...' he thought to himself, gathering his belongings before heading to his hotel room.

"ji, are you sure you want to go back?" hyunjin asked, sitting up in his bed and rubbing his eyes.

"mhm, room service," jisung replied, deciding not to reveal his plans just yet, fearing that speaking about them might somehow change the course of events.

hyunjin nodded, sprawling out on the bed as he said, "alright, you're free to come back anytime."

"thank you, captain hwang. i'll see you later," jisung responded with a playful tone before heading out.

-----

jisung walked back to the shared hotel room with heavy footsteps, his heart pounding loudly in his chest. he was determined to find out minho's thoughts, yet an overwhelming sense of fear gripped him. he couldn't shake the anxiety of how minho might react, especially after the way he abruptly left him at the viewing deck the previous night.

standing before the familiar door, jisung took a deep breath, his hands trembling as he reached for the doorknob. slowly, he turned it and pushed the door open, cautiously peeking inside.

the room was still shrouded in darkness, the closed windows retaining the cool air of the space. jisung tiptoed in, careful not to disturb minho who might still be asleep. as he entered fully, his gaze turned to minho's bed.

'he's here...and sleeping,' jisung thought to himself, relief washing over him that minho had returned.

wrapped in a duvet, minho lay on his bed, soft snores escaping his lips as he slumbered peacefully.

jisung moved quietly to his own side of the room, arranging the clothes he had changed out of the day before. he then approached minho's luggage, placing the neatly folded coat beside it.

deciding whether or not to draw back the curtains, jisung settled onto his own bed. the room remained dim, and he opted not to let in the early morning light just yet, even though the weather that will greet them is gloomy and not the shining sun.

"it's still 6:45. room service is at 7," he muttered to himself, his eyes glancing at the clock on the wall.

jisung sat still on his bed, cradling "minnie" in his lap as he absentmindedly fiddled with the plushie to pass the time. the room was quiet, his focus on the plushie in his hands.

before long, faint rustling sounds reached his ears from the other side of the room. jisung's heart skipped a beat as he tensed, a mix of nervousness and anticipation washing over him.

gradually, minho rose from his bed, his hair tousled and his eyes still half-closed from sleep. jisung swallowed hard, his nerves on edge. he attempted to distract himself by pretending not to notice minho waking up, continuing to play with the plushie in his lap.

minho made his way toward jisung's side of the room, each step adding to the tension in the air. despite his efforts to act as if minho wasn't there, jisung could feel his presence drawing closer.

as minho's approach grew nearer, jisung's hands began to feel clammy. he decided it was time to stop pretending and face minho head-on. with determination, he lifted his head, ready to speak. "min–"

however, before he could get his words out, the sound of curtains being drawn open filled the room. minho immediately retreated to his side of the room, seemingly ignoring jisung completely.

a mixture of shock and confusion surged through jisung. 'did he just ignore me??!??!!'  he thought, his mind reeling from the unexpected turn of events.

minho gathered his belongings from his luggage before heading to the bathroom to change, leaving jisung alone with his swirling thoughts.

jisung was caught off guard by minho's sudden change in behavior. at the same time, a sinking feeling settled in his chest. "i kind of expected this... but..." he murmured to himself, a tear or two escaping despite his efforts to hold them back.

a gentle knock on the door interrupted jisung's thoughts. "room service," a voice from the other side announced.

quickly wiping his eyes, jisung composed himself. he got up from the bed and opened the door for the attendant to set the food on the table.

once the attendant left, jisung lingered by the table lost in thoughts. eventually, he decided to take his portion of the food. with resolve in his steps, he left the room, purposefully striding down the hallway and forcefully slamming the door shut behind him.

walking through the corridors, jisung grumbled under his breath, frustration etched on his face. "fuck you, lee minho!" he exclaimed with a mix of anger and adorable irritation, his words echoing in the hallway.

-----

hyunjin sat at his dining table, savoring the room service meal just delivered to him, his ipad positioned in front of him.

"you already know how he is," he remarked, engaged in a call with someone on the other end.

"when will he even change? he always annoys me," the voice from the call expressed, annoyance dripping from their words.

hyunjin playfully pouted his lips and responded in a cute tone, "how about me? am i annoying?" he looked into the ipad camera, attempting to inject a light-hearted moment into the conversation.

the other person scoffed in response, preparing to say more when an urgent knocking echoed from hyunjin's door.

hyunjin's attention snapped to the door. "who is it?" he called out.

"it's han jisung, hwang hyunjin, open the door!" jisung's voice came from the other side, clearly impatient.

hyunjin shifted his gaze back to the ipad. "i'll call you later. jisung is here, i'd want you to meet, but he sounds annoyed right now, and you're busy," hyunjin informed the person on the call.

"it's okay, hyunjin. i can meet him some other time. i have to go now," the other person replied, the sounds of shuffling and distant chatter audible in the background.

with that, the call ended, and hyunjin stood up to open the door. as he swung it open, jisung stepped inside with a plate of food in his hands and a scowl on his face that intended to be intimidating but came off as cute instead.

"did something happen?" hyunjin asked, studying jisung's appearance.

jisung went straight to hyunjin's table and placed his plate down. "i want to eat here," he declared firmly.

"o...kay?" hyunjin responded, a bit puzzled by the sudden request, opting not to probe too much given jisung's evident agitation.

-----
ji's notes!
lmao i have like the other chapters ready but i'm debating whether or not to publish them all at once. btw, in one of the chapters i added like a twitter format image stuff like the type you find in twitter aus, that's all, bye!