32

during dinner, jisung and ryujin engaged in conversation, getting to know each other better and sharing laughter over various topics. the interaction allowed jisung to momentarily forget the heaviness in his heart.

amidst their shared laughter, jisung's phone chimed with a notification.

"wait, someone messaged me," jisung informed ryujin, who nodded in understanding, granting him the space to check his phone.

pulling his phone out from his pocket, jisung saw a message notification from hyunjin.

after reading the message, jisung shot hyunjin a brief glare from across the table before he turned his attention to his messaging app

jisung perked up when he heard hyunjin giggling from across the table. he shot a playful glare at hyunjin before shifting his attention to minho.

'he seems to be in a bad mood...' jisung thought, observing minho's demeanor and noticing that he wasn't very talkative throughout the dinner.

"who were you messaging, sung? your lover?" ryujin asked from beside him, delicately enjoying her food.

hyunjin suddenly burst into laughter, drawing the attention of the others. they asked, "what's so funny, hyunjin?"

"nothing," he managed to reply while suppressing his laughter, earning a narrowed-eyed look from jisung.

turning towards ryujin, jisung cheekily smiled and responded, "i don't have a lover."

"oh? you're incredibly handsome, talented, and an all-around amazing person, and yet you don't have a lover?!" ryujin exclaimed, playfully slamming her hands on the table as she leaned slightly forward.

"i haven't really given love much thought. also, sit back down, the others are looking," jisung whispered the last part, urging ryujin to sit back down.

"okay, but seriously, you should let me listen to your music sometime," she continued.

"speaking of that, i made a song recently," jisung added.