Namjoon

I don't want to go home. I don't want to see Hoseok. I don't want to even think of him betraying me in our own bed. The place we hold sacred as lovers. The place we made our daughter.
       How could he?
       I'm no saint but despite all my faults, I've never once even thought of cheating on him. I love him so much. He's my mate for gods sake! Does that mean nothing to him? I mean, I know he's upset with me but to this degree? Surely this isn't really happening.
       I take a long time to walk up the walkway to our home, hesitate to go any farther. When I go inside...everything is going to change. For better or worse. Im terrified it's the latter.
       Grunting, still clinging to denial, I grasp the door and slip inside. The house is dark and quiet. Making my way up the stairs, I pause at our bedroom, unable to go another step. Will the room still smell like home or will I also taste betrayal once more?
        Swallowing hard, I force the door open and just get it over with. Dhea is in her crib while Hoseok is sitting on the edge of the bed, facing away from me. I know he knows I'm here, however, because he stiffens. He doesn't bother to turn.
       "You cut your hair?" Immediately taking notice of the change. His medium length locks gone. His sleek and tidy hair now much too short. He looks different. Older. Aged somehow.
       I stride purposely towards him, making him acknowledge me. I refuse to comment on the changed bedsheets. Again. I'm not imaging it this time. My eye twitches.
       He heaves a heavy breath, shuttering it out of his throat. "Namjoon..."
       I can feel it. The change. Does he even need to admit it at this point? He's really cheating on me with Zico—of all people. How the hell did this even happen? I really don't understand.
       I'm so angry to the point of true speechlessness. I literally can't force my lips open to say anything. I'm nearly shaking in rage, clenching my fists to stop from doing anything incredibly rash or stupid.
       "What is this, Hoseok? You want to tell me what's going on right now?" Demanding. I don't want to but I need to hear him say it.
       He finally meets my incensed gaze, but I'm surprised by what I see. It's not shame or embarrassment or even fucking guilt. There's nothing. There is nothing in his eyes. He's perfectly calm and expressionless.
       His fingers play with the baby blanket in his lap. His gaze falling to it. "I want to end this."
       "End this." I repeat, trying out the words, unable to get the meaning. "End what exactly? Your affair with Zico or our relationship?"
        He jerks his head up in actual surprise, making me laugh mirthlessly. "Affair?"
       "You going to lie to my face and pretend he hasn't been sneaking into our fucking bedroom to do god knows what to my mate? You really gonna play this off right now? I have the evidence."
       He takes in my words with a solemn expression, nodding a bit. "Then this makes everything much easier, doesn't it. I want to break our bond. I'm leaving you, Namjoon." He slowly stands up but I refuse to move back, trapping him between my body and the bed. The tips of my fangs tingle and I shudder.
       "Why? Why are you doing this? Why him?!"
       He shakes his head, shoving at my chest but I refuse to budge and move back. I crowd him in even more, his hot quickened breaths hitting my throat.
        "It has nothing to do with him. We've been working towards this for a long time and you know it. We're a failure, Namjoon, it was never going to work. You never wanted this enough and I just wanted too much, I guess, but I'm done now. Done trying." He clenches his eyes closed but I can't see any glistening tears like before. He's really serious. Ready to just walk out and leave me, leave us. 
       I can't believe this. It should be me pissed and wanting to leave but instead I want to beg him to stay with me despite betraying me in the grossest and worst fucking way possible.
       I'm a fucking King! He can't just walk away from me like this! I clench my eyes shut tightly and focus on breathing. I can feel him struggle to move around me but my hand shoots out to grasp his wrist. He gasps in pain but I only tighten my grip as I fight my own rage and vampiric strength demanding I resolve this the tradition and violent way. No mate just leaves a relationship so easily. No vampire just casually allows their partner to fucking break their bond. It's simply not done.
        Death is truly the only way. The only solution.
       I stop breathing as I struggle to ignore the voice screaming in my head to punish him. To rip his throat out of worse—reclaim is body and soul as mine—reminding him his place.
       I can't do this to him. I really fucking love him.
      Opening my eyes slowly, I can see the fear in his face as I lose the battle of internal thoughts. I know my face is distorted and my eyes cold and changed. I feel the draft my body is emitting throughout the room.
       Refusing the release my grip on Hoseok, I grasp my phone and call for Jackson. He appears fast, most likely sensing the danger. I don't look at him, though, ashamed of myself.
       "Take Dhea to Taehyung and Jin's place. Now."
      "What?! No! You can't take her!" Hoseok struggles to free himself, fighting my still figure as he watches out baby girl disappear with Jackson. Now it's only the two of us.
       He finally shows real emotion and sobs, screaming at me with hate for taking his baby away, his only reason for living.
       Am I really worth nothing to him? All this time...he thinks he can't live for me?
        Am I seriously this weak?
       All these thoughts run through my head without fail as I drag him back onto the bed and grasp his throat.
       I numbly stare down at him, all of our years of struggle and love replaying in my mind. Our entire past just playing on loop. The man under my grasp is unrecognizable to me. I don't know this person. Do I even know myself anymore?
       "Are you really going to kill me because I want to leave! I can go if I want!" He coughs, struggling to breathe.
      I tilt my head, frowning. "If you wanted to leave you could. You betrayed me and with my enemy, Hoseok. Did you forget who I am? I'm the fucking King of all Vampires. I don't have to kill you. I could easily have you put to death as an act of treason against me and everyone else." I remind him bitterly. "Or thrown underground somewhere imprisoned."
       He stops struggling and just glares at me. We have a long silent stare down before I finally release him roughly. I clench my fingers, feeling cold.
       "You want to leave, fine, but you're forgetting something rather important, don't you think?" Lifting a brow and waiting for him to understand my words.
      He stares back blankly.
      Fair enough. Of course he won't get it.
      I hold out my hand, waiting for him to hand me his. Slowly, reluctantly, he does so.
      I rip the Royal ring off his finger then grasp the chain on his neck and break it off as well. He gasps in shock as I crush them both in my hand. Without giving him a second to get his bearings, I crush him against me and kiss him with every last bit of passion I have left inside me—letting him take it all from me until I'm left feeling empty.
      Once I'm satisfied, I finally step away from him. Lowering my head, I stare at the floor, refusing to acknowledge the wetness in my eyes and dripping onto the floor. Is it blood or tears? Maybe both.
       "I never want to see you again, Hoseok. Dhea is the royal heir to my thrown—you can't take her with you. I'm banishing you from my sight and this city  and if you should ever try to appear again I will have you imprisoned and sentenced to death. I'm leaving now so you can have time to gather whatever you wish to take with you but when I return to my home you will be gone."
        I don't look back as he sobs behind me. I can't do it. I might become weak again. He's the only weakness I have. No more. It's truly over.
       "I'm giving you the freedom you've always wanted. Why cry about it now?" My voice is cold and hard on purpose. "I suggest you find a quick way to break our bond because if I do it, it will hurt you."
       With that, I walk out and leave my heart and humanity with him alone in the room.
       Now I have no more reasons to struggle with my title of King. I'm not going to let my weakness make me a failure anymore.
       No, the true Kim Namjoon is back and going to be stronger and more ruthless than ever.