Jin

What to do...what to do...the most selfish part of me what's to force Hoseok to remain here in this lonely place with me...but deep down I know it's wrong.
     There's also the fact that for whatever reason Taehyung is being kind and giving him proper care he'd never receive returning home...
     What can I do?
     "You look quite conflicted, love." Taehyung draws out, his amusement obvious. I scowl at him, my hate and annoyance projecting right to the source.
     "After he's better...send him back." I finally manage to whisper out.
     "Are you sure? It will be at least a week. Maybe he'll want to stay. I told you he came willingly. I wasn't lying."
      "I will never trust anything out of your mouth."
     "Then trust it from his own mouth when he wakes. He'll tell you honestly, hm?"
     "I will."
     He nods, stepping towards the door but pausing to look back at me. "Oh—by the way—I've sent Jinhyun away for the time being. You won't allow him to train properly so I took this opportunity to take care of the problem."
A sharp pain ricochets throughout my entire body, numbing me. "You son of a bitch! This was your plan all along, right? Distracting me so you can steal my son from me!" I scream, rage and pain nearly collapsing me. I run towards him but he shuts the door in my face, locking me in the room.
I bang on it as hard as I can. "Let me out! Bring him back! Taehyung!"
His insufferable laughter echoes down the hallway as I scream after him. Desperately I run to the window to see if I can see my son or some way to escape the room. That fucking bastard!
Thinking hard, I shoot repeated glances towards Hoseok. Cursing, I grab the heavy chair beside his bed and drag it towards the window, heaving it up and slamming it into the window as hard as I can.
It cracks.
Breathing hard, sweat pouring down my face and blood pooling around my fingers, I slam the chair over and over again until it finally shatters. Smirking victoriously, I climb out of the window and grab onto the railing to the drainage pipe.
Closing my eyes and sending out a silent prayer, I hold tight and slide down the pipe—four stories down. The urge to scream is barely repressed as I hit the ground hard. I feel my ankle nearly snap at the impact and cry out in pain.
Shit.
I look up at the high window I just escaped, a realization coming to me.
I did it.
I just made it out.
I haven't been outside the mansion in years. Held prisoner to suffer alone in the dark halls and empty rooms.
I'm free. Really free.
Why had I never tried this before? Oh yeah...he used Jinhyun as leverage to keep me here.
I just have to find him and we can run away together. Hiding from Taehyung indefinitely.
The only regret is...I just left Hoseok up there alone to fend for himself. I can't go back up there, though. Maybe Taehyung will leave me in there alone for days, forgetting about me like all the other times. Giving me plenty of time to get far away.
I can find Jimin!
I can...I can...live my life again. Any life again.
Giving the imposing and desolate mansion one last look, I turn my back to it and begin to run as fast as I can with my injured ankle into the woods surrounding the property close to the road.
I can do this. I can really get away from him. I don't need him!
A real smile covers my face as I race through the woods, refusing to stop until I reach the end of the miles long driveway. I choose to go right and limp my way towards my freedom. Towards the city where I can find help and become inconspicuous.
I'll find my brother then Namjoon and Yoongi to help me find my son while also telling them where to find Hoseok. Telling them the truth. The whole truth.
It's going to be okay. It has to be.
I stop in my tracks as a sleek black car comes skidding to a lazy stop beside me, the passenger window rolling down.
My eyes widen in fear at the person grinning at me from behind the wheel.
Ren.
He'd never help me. He'd drag me back kicking and screaming out of spite.
Smoking a cigarette, his eyes trail over me, pausing on my bloody ankle. "What are you doing this far away from home, Jin?"
My breath catches, sweat slicking my back. "N-not your concern. Where did you take my son?" I demand, knowing without a doubt he's the one that took him from me.
He raises a brow. "Why don't you come into the car and I'll tell you."
"I'm not going back."
He nods, leaning over to open the passenger door. "I figured."
Thinking over the repercussions of such actions, I eventually realize this is my best option. Giving him a chance.
I get into the car.
"Tell me."
He turns the car around much to my relief—far away from the mansion. He drives towards the city, eyes focused on the road ahead seemingly without a care in the world.
He doesn't speak until he pulls up at a hotel, parking and turning the car off before finally facing me.
"I didn't take Jinhyun anywhere, Jin. He's still home with Taehyung. I left him in his room to practice foreign languages and the art of weaponry before leaving to get supplies for Taehyung."
I freeze. "You're lying. He said he sent him away."
He graces me with a pitying look. "Don't you know to never believe anything out of his mouth, Jin?"
An indescribable feeling courses through me. I'm able to place it as I stare blankly ahead. "I can't go back." I can't leave him, though...
He sighs, sitting back and tapping on the steering wheel. "Did you really think Taehyung would give his leverage of you up? He knows Jinhyun is the only thing holding you there."
"He doesn't care about me." I whisper, absentmindedly, only thinking of the son I just abandoned. Tears prickle my eyes. Jinhyun. Hoseok. Oh god...I made a mistake.
"H-how do I know you aren't lying to me? You hate me." I peer at him through my tears.
I gives me a half sardonic smile. "It's true that I dislike you...but I care about the child. If he were sent away I would be the one to get him safely to wherever he needs to be. Taehyung has entrusted me with his precious first born son since birth. I do not take that lightly. I honestly have no reason to lie to you, Jin. I could just take you back forcefully if I wished it or called for Taehyung."
True.
I slump in my seat, ankle throbbing and heart breaking. "I can't go back. I need to find Namjoon."
He raises a brow. "Not Jimin?"
I look at him. "H-how do you know about Jimin?"
"Taehyung has mentioned your brother many times." He explains.
"No. I can't find him until I get Jinhyun and Hoseok safely away from that hellhole." Then I'll find him and reunite.
"Have you ever thought that maybe Jinhyun likes his home? That he loves Taehyung. Maybe he won't want to be taken away from them."
I scoff. "He's my son! I have every right. What Taehyung is doing to him is not living! It's building a weapon. A tool!"
"And you are any better for him? You treat him like a fragile artifact. Something to possess and place all your neglected emotions into. Does he really deserve that as well? You're mentally broken and using him as a crutch. Either way...maybe he's better off without you both." He says bluntly, eyes glimmering in the dim fading sunlight.
A gasp leaves my mouth as pain blooms through my chest. I curl into myself, clutching my chest.
Ren casually begins smoking another cigarette, watching me with interest. "I forgot to mention...as insurance...Taehyung had you injected with a toxic substance made to only react when a certain vicinity away from him."
My eyes widen in shock as the pain grows. I taste bitter, tangy, blood in the back of my throat. "W-What..."
"If you go much farther or keep away from your mate much longer...you will die. He planned for this long ago. I'm not sure if he was hoping you'd return or just die, though. Who knows what goes through his mind." He chuckles, tapping the ashes out of the window. "Would you like to return home now, master?" His eyes and tone both mocking me.
Struggling through my pain, I fumble with the door and fall out of the car, hitting the pavement hard. My vision blurs.
Ren gets out and slowly rounds the car, squatting down to observe me in my agonized state. It hurts so much I can't speak. It feels like I swallowed acid.
"I want to help you." He finally says, dragging me towards the hotel. "I don't know why but I do. Maybe I'll come to my senses later." He sighs.
I can't take in my surroundings at all but I sense he's brought me to a room. I'm thrown on a bed and see the glint it metal and a needle in his hand.
"I would say this is going to hurt but I'm sure you're in so much pain now that much more wouldn't even matter." And with that being said—he pushes the needle into my arm before slamming the knife into my chest.
Blood gurgles up my throat and blocks out my scream. Choking me. Suffocating me.
So is this how it ends after all this time? I highly doubt Taehyung would bring me back again. There's no benefit for him.
Jinhyun...I don't want to fail you but I'm too weak. Be strong for me. Don't forget me...
Jimin...I'm sorry....I couldn't be the hyung you deserve...