Namjoon

The shock of meeting Jackson's dull gaze is every bit of expected. It's hard. I saw his mangled distorted body. I fucking burned it and watched his mate cry his soul out for him. I felt the loss of a friend and ally.
    Only to be met with this sharp and painful reality. I really don't know how to take this turn of events.
    Unfortunately, I can't get anywhere near Jackson! The other men keep swarming around him and attacking me. He doesn't move or budge. Doesn't fight or even look angry or guilty. He just looks...dazed. Numb. Not all there.
    What happened to him? Is this even the real Jackson? I'm starting to doubt...
Where is Yoongi? He went up the stairs after the others a long time ago. Did he escape with Jimin?
    Just as the thought forms in my head, Jungkook races by me—attacking the men and moving them away from me before marathoning for the stairs. Okay. So maybe Yoongi is still up there.
    Unfortunately I still have a room full of men to dispose of.
    I take the moment to approach Jackson and grasp his shirt, hauling him against me, growling. "What the fuck!"
    He stairs back at me without emotion. He barely seems to be breathing. The fuck.
    "Jackson!" I shake him, begging a reaction from him. Fight or flight. I need something to prove he's real and not just an illusion.
    I punch him hard, knocking him down onto the weirdly placed mattress in the living room. He does down fast but surprisingly pops back up just as suddenly. He blinks at me, rubbing his jaw. A flicker of emotion returning to his features.
     "Jackson?"
    He frowns, shaking his head. "Namjoon?"
    A deep emotion fills me and I step closer, grasping his collar, holding my breath. "What happened to you?"
     More awareness seeps back into his eyes and he reaches up to grasp my arm, squeezing. "Where am I? What is this place?" Rubbing his temple, he winces in pain. "I don't remember anything."
     I hesitate to tell him the truth. But he needs to know. "I thought you were dead. I found your body and burned you. Mark thinks you're dead. He's mourning you. We all have been."
    He gasps. "I'm not dead! How the hell is that possible? I don't remember anything bu—" He pauses, eyes widening. "I remember heading to a birthing appointment. I was halfway there when I was attacked. It's fuzzy but I was knocked unconscious very quickly and it's all black since then."
    I surmise that Zico must have used illusions of Jackson's image on another body he mutilated and left for me to find as a message. How cunning. Also relieving.
    "Mark will be glad to see you." I whisper, overcome with agonizing feelings for my lost friend. "I'm glad you're not dead. I felt awful tearing you to pieces and setting you on fire." I mutter, scratching my nose.
    His brow furrows. "How nice of you, my friend." He mutters dryly, a grateful smile touching his eyes, despite.
    Jackson's eyes trail past me and he frowns. "Where'd all the men go?"
    I finally take note that maybe this isn't the best time and place for a happy reunion and look around. We both glance up, hearing a commotion upstairs.
     Shit! Yoongi and Jungkook!"
     We both take off up the stairs only to see Zico and his men leaving from one of the windows.
     Shit! I can't go after him until I know where Yoongi and Jungkook are. Jackson, being one step ahead of me, kicks the door open to the first room—shattering it against the wall.
    My eyes widen at the blood bath before me. What happened? Panicking and not having time to think—I grasp Yoongi's shoulder and rip him off Jungkook who looks dead. Pale and not breathing, barely a trickle of blood seeping from his neck where Yoongi latched on.
    Unfortunately, when I pulled Yoongi away, he teeth took flesh with him. I wince at the deep gash now across his throat.
     "Yoongi!" I motion for Jackson to attend Jungkook while I try to force Yoongi back to us. His eyes are feral and body shaking with barely contained fury and hunger.
     "Yoongi—snap out of it! What happened? Why are you like this?!"
    He growls at me, baring his fangs. Without a thought, I tear into my wrist and force it to his lips, forcing my blood inside his mouth and sanity back into his brain.
     The effect is immediate—his body accepting the gift of power and satiating the hunger. I catch him as he slumps against me, trembling.
    "Y-Yoongi? Yoongi, Jungkook needs you."
    His head snaps up, searching the room for his mate. Jackson hovers over the wolf, trying frantically to bring him back but...
     "Jungkook!" Yoongi screams out, voice agonized as he moves to his mate's side, pulling him into his arms. "Wake up! Fuck! I told you to leave me! Why?! Why did you not listen to me!" He sobs brokenly, rocking him in his arms.
     He receives no reply.
     I don't know what to do.
     Jackson frowns. "He's just barely here. His pulse is almost gone—too slow. I can't..." He stutters. "I can't b-bring him back. Medically—there's nothing I can do. It's too late. He's lost too much blood. Not even that fresh gash is bleeding. He's nearly completely drained."
     Yoongi looks at me beseechingly before looking back at Jackson. "There's nothing medically you can do but...there's something." His voice is barely audible.
    My face darkens as I immediately think of what he's talking about. What he's silently asking me for.
    Permission.
    Permission to break the most unbending rule of our vampire coven law. Permission to do the own thing most forbidden even more so than mating with a hybrid.
    Something only ever done once in all of our known history met with utter failure and condemnation.  
     Jackson gasps in shock, catching on by the look on my face as Yoongi continues to beg me with his eyes.
    "You can't! I wouldn't even do that to Mark for anything." He argues.
    I consider. Thinking of Hoseok back home. Even when I believed I'd lose him...I never considered it. Making him one of us.
    It's just not done. It's dangerous and painful and not even one has been successful and if one were to be—major consequences. Hybrids and vampires are not really supposed to mix.
    "Yoongi..."
    "He's strong enough. He can handle it. I can handle it. It will work. I know it will. Please. Please allow me to do this."
    I glance down at Jungkook. So still and ghastly. "What makes you think he'd even want this? What about Jimin?"
    He frowns. "I can't lose him. Jungkook would do well as one of us and it's worth the consequences I'll bare as long as I can bring him back."
    "You'd still lose him anyway."
    "It's worth it."
    I sigh heavily, conflicted. So many sides. Too many unfavorable outcomes. So little time...
    "He's already gone, Yoongi." I'm careful and slow with my words, my reasoning. "He's your mate. He's already dead but if you...wish to try...I will overlook it. It most likely won't work anyway."
     He breathes out a small gasp of relief. "I know it will work. Jungkook was honestly made for our life. He's too strong willed for a hybrid anyway."   
     I look over at Jackson who doesn't look happy. "Will you help?"
    "I don't know how to do any of this! This is all spiritual and bodily power. There is no medical assurance in any of this. Only legend and failure." He pauses. "But I'll stay and do what I can."
    Nodding, I approach them and help lay Jungkook down on the bed. Stretching out his arms and legs, we restrain Jungkook to the best of our abilities while Yoongi meditates and composes himself.
     I've never imagined myself to be witness to such a thing. A vampire turning a hybrid. It's not done. Our species clash too much. The closest thing to changing would be through pregnancy but that's only recent besides Taehyung.  
     "You forgetting you need a sacrifice?" I whisper lightly, not wanting to bring it up. "It has to be personal." Can he kill someone else he loves to bring Jungkook back this way?
    A small painted smile makes it way onto Yoongi's face as he nods, looking down at his mate. "I already have one."
    I frown, confused. "What? When?"
    After a long moment—so long I think he's going to refuse to tell me—he slowly stands up and very cautiously removes his clothes.
    At first I don't get it. I'm sure his nudity isn't necessary in this process—but then a horrifying realization comes to me and I release a choking gasp of pain and sorrow.
What a mess. How absolutely unjust is this life to us?
    Yoongi bares his body to us—revealing the deep bruises over his abdomen. I recant the conversation we had weeks ago in my head. His possible thoughts of being pregnant. God.
    His gaze is numbly focused on the floor where his clothes remain—soiled and ruined. Dried blood streaks down his legs, calling my attention. I look down.
    On the floor among the pile of useless clothes...a very small form lies nestled upon them. Lifeless and innocent.

    Yoongi and Jungkook's defenseless stillborn baby.

     A sob breaks it's way out of my throat at the too serene look on Yoongi's face.
    "I couldn't protect him. I lost him. I'm going to do the only thing I can and give it back—using him to save Jungkook." He slowly breaks his gaze from his dead child and meets my horrified gaze.   
    "Is this personal enough, you think?"
Fuck.