Hoseok

It takes me approximately ten minutes to gather everything I want to take and exit my—I mean Namjoon's—home. I don't want anything he bought me or I've acquired over our years together. Instead I just bring the few items I first came with. All of it fits in a small duffel bag.
       With one last look around the large estate, I take a deep breath and leave, locking the door behind me and leaving the key behind. I can't be disappointed things ended this way. He's not wrong. I've wanted freedom—true freedom—for a long time. My entire life has been shit, why should my future be any different.
       Although I wouldn't say bring with Zico was with my own free will, I still let him fuck me. Of course Namjoon would find out. He's a King. One of the most important vampires in the world.
       Of course if we separated I wouldn't be allowed to take Dhea with me. She's his heir. Our worlds are completely different. I should have realized that sooner. Everything in my life always just belonged to him. Me, her, our lifestyles. I owned none of it.
       Sometimes I truly wonder what he saw in me to make me his mate in the first place. We've only suffered the whole time—both of us. His time hasn't been easy, either. I don't blame him for misunderstanding me.
       I could feel his despair and pain of my betrayal. He kicked into survival mode. I understand him far more than he would ever understand me.
       And that's okay. This is really for the best, I can feel it. So I've lost my family, my friends, my mate and daughter, my home...I'm still alive and breathing somehow and I will keep doing so. I won't be stupid and rash anymore. I need to be strong and not give in to the pain. I've come this far, anyway.
       Sighing, I clutch the little money I have and use it to get a cab and a cheap motel room in the city. To be honest, I feel safer around humans than hybrids and vampires right now.
       God, what will Namjoon tell Jimin and Jungkook about me? Will they hate me, too? Be disappointed? I can't even speak up for myself because I did cheat. Mine games or not, I gave in to the small affection Zico gave me and let myself bask in it, using it to fuel my growing neglect from Namjoon.
       I did this to myself and hurt my mate beyond repair. He'll never accept me back and I don't want him to. He deserves more. I deserve more. Maybe we just need to go separate paths in life and that's okay. Not everyone is meant to last forever.
        We'll be okay.

       "Woooowww...nice little...downgrade."
       I'm not even surprised to wake up to find Zico lingering in the open window of my motel room. I know I closed and locked it before going to bed. God, why can't he just poof out of existence. He's the root of all my problems.
       Sitting up slowly, I glare at him. "What do you want now? You've already ruined everything. What more could you possibly gain from me?"
       He smiles so widely and cheerfully it makes me want to tear his face to shreds. "Oh, come on now. Let's not point fingers. I like to think that it was more of a group effort, don't you think?"
        I scoff. "You're a dick."
        "A dick you happily loved devouring not so long ago, baby." He sneers. "Where was your lover then, hm?"
       Flushing, I throw a pillow at him. "Go the fuck away!"
       Tsking, he slips inside and lounges comfortable beside me on the bed, resting his hands behind his head on the pillow, calm as you please, the asshole. "You look like a mess, sweetheart. Need some comfort through these trying times?" Raising his brows suggestively.
       I ignore his mocking tone, refusing to give in to the taunts. "Why are you really here? There must be a reason?" Done with the bullshit and redirecting. I'm not falling for it anymore. "Why did you really do all this?"
       He tilts his head to look at me, really look at me, before shrugging slightly. "The truth? The honest truth? You really want to know?"
        "Of course I want the truth!"
        He moves and fast, rolling over and pinning me down on the bed, his thigh shoving between my own before taking my lips in a brutal kiss that leaves me struggling to breath. His tongue slithers around mine and nearly down my throat as he groans, hungrily devouring my mouth like a starving man.
       Lifting his face barely an inch from my own, our noses touching, he stares into my eyes, looking hesitant for once. "I needed to break up your relationship with Namjoon. I did to this all on purpose and you should thank me as it just saved your life, sweetheart." He kisses the tip of my nose before rolling back off me and resting his elbows on his knees, deep in thought.
         I don't understand. "What do you mean? Why did you need to break us up?" Choking up a little as remember my last conversation with Namjoon. The heartbreak—both his and mine.
        He stares out the window at the dark night. "Because remaining by his side would have killed you."
       "And you care about that why? Of course I know it's dangerous by his side—he's a King. I'm not stupid, I know the risks."
       He shakes his head. "No, you don't. You really don't get it. Chaerin is coming back." He whispers.
       "Who is Chaerin?"
       His lips curve up into a bitter smile. "My sister. She's going to become Namjoon's mate. She won't stop until she has the power of his mate. If she can't rule as a Queen then she will get the next best thing. She would spend no time getting rid of you. I just took you out of the ring of fire. You're welcome."
        My jaw drops in shock. "Are you serious right now? What does any of that even have to do with you? Why do you care if I die or not?"
        He glares back at me. "I told you I like you. I saved your life so you can become mine. It's inevitable that she will take your place by his side. It's going to happen and happen soon. Get over it and accept that I'm the best choice for you. I can protect you every bit as well as that ignorant asshole can."
        "I don't want you."
       "Tough shit, baby, I want you. We can't both get our way so I vote you just accept me now and save us both the drama."
        "God you're more delusional than me! I will never accept you even if I've lost Namjoon forever, I will never let you take his place!"
        "Who said I'm giving you a fucking choice? You seem to be under the impression that I give a flying fuck what you really want. I did all this for my own benefit and I didn't come this far to leave empty handed." He reaches into his coat pocket and reveals a set of weird velvet looking ropes.
       Frowning, I try to understand what they are when he uses his stupid vampire speed and strength to bind me to the headboard. I open my mouth to tell but he shoves his hand over my lips, silencing me. His eyes glow with satisfaction and lust as he rips off my pajamas and caresses my naked body.
        I shiver, hating the sight of the marks he's left on my body just recently, still lingering. He kisses all of them before working his tongue up by chest and to my throat. I stop breathing as he bares his fangs and I realize what's happening.
        He's breaking my bond.
        He's really going to go through with this and force me to be his. I'm going to have no choice. He's going to own me.
       I struggle but of course I can't do anything as I'm pinned down with my arms trapped to the headboard, away from my body so I can't cover my throat.
       He bites down hard on my mating bite, the very spot Namjoon so lovingly made his own—now gone and replaced with Zico's.
       I scream into his palm as he forces his way into my body—both between my legs and at my neck. The pain is immense.
       Tears spear my eyes as I choke out sobs of agony, my head and soul crying out as Namjoon is completely erased from my body for good.
        I nearly black out from the pain of severing the bond. I feel like I'm dying. I shudder repulsingly as the urge to vomit takes over, cold sweat breaking out over every inch of me. I feel naked and raw internally. Violated beyond any conceivable way I've ever felt before.
        It makes me sick.
       Zico moans into my ear as he takes everything I have without mercy. Claiming every inch of me inside and out, filling me in return with emptiness and despair.
       This moment truly makes me regret every being born into this cruel and ruthless world...and yet...all I can think about through all of this is Namjoon. I don't want anyone else ever. He's the only thing I want to live for, just the chance to see him one more time.
       As Zico's mate...maybe there's a chance. A chance I can see him from a distance. Banished and abandoned or not...before I die, I want to see his face one last time. No matter what.
       I'll take all this pain in...just let me see him one last time. Please God.