Jin

I whine for the hundredth time in only an hour. Where the hell did he go now? How could he leave me alone again when I'm suffering? Oh right, he gets off to my suffering.
Huffing, I force myself out of bed—still sticky and disgusting from our sessions. I grimace. Not because of Taehyung and I but because of what I had to do to get his attention back on me. To get him to touch me.
I hate being touched by anyone else but my mate. I hate it so much. But I have to do it. It's the only way I get any real emotions out of the cold demon. Hmph.
Furious, I stomp over to the door and claw at it. He's locked me in again. He never lets me out anymore. Says he can't trust me. Whatever.
I know there is a guard outside. Mustering up my most needy and seductive tone, I begin moaning and knocking on the door. "P-please...I need help." I tease. "Can you.."
"Enough, Jin. You know I can't open this fucking door. Shut up and leave me alone."
I pout. Goddamn it. He put the only guard that's immune to my charms outside. Ugh. I bang on the door. "Let me out!"
The guard—Ren—sighs. "I can't and I won't. I'm not getting in trouble for you again. I have strict orders to keep you inside."
Biting my lip, I try to think.
A smile plasters on my face as a thought comes. Perfect. "Ren...please.." I hesitate. "I want to see my son. I m-miss him so much."
There's a silence then a curse. The door is opened and an upset Ren stares back at me. "You're lying. You hate the little brat."
I shake my head. "Of course I don't. I can't spend a lot of time with him because my ass of a mate refuse to allow me. I'm a prisoner in my own home." I gripe. Somewhat true.
Rolling his eyes, he finally falters. He's got a weak spot for Jinhyun. He spends most of his time with the little monster.
"I'm taking you straight to his room and you can have ten minutes. I'll be right outside so don't try anything." Scowling, he takes my arm and begins leading me down the hall.
I frown. I honestly have no idea what to say to the kid. He's a complete stranger to me. Since he left my body...well, I never expected him to survive. He should be dead. I should be dead.
Since being brought back to life...I'm not the same anymore. There's not much left inside me to really feel. I can't feel for my own son. I only feel for Taehyung. Cruel but it's the truth.
Ren opens Jinhyun's door, smiling. "Hey, little guy, guess what? Your eomma is here. Wants to play with you."
I've never heard the guard talk so sweet and soft before. I peak over his shoulder to see Jinhyun frown over his little notebook and crayons.
"Eomma? But where's appa?"
Ren tsks. "Appa is very busy right now. Eomma wants to spend some time with you. Isn't that great?"
The little boy cocks his head to the side, his frown deepening. God, he looks so much like his father. Taehyung all the way. He just has my eyes. Not even a feline hybrid like me. No tail or ears. All vampire looking. Cold—even for a six year old.
I clear my throat, looking pointedly at Ren. He takes the hint and leaves us alone. I glance back at the child—my child. "Hi."
He blinks, focusing back on his crayons and paper. "Hi."
Bending over him, I look at his drawings. They are...very good. Amazing actually. Impossible. "What are you drawing?"
He shrugs. "Nothing."
I frown, running a finger down one particular picture of Taehyung. He even looks forbidding and cold on paper. "Do you spend a lot of time with your appa?" I ask quizzically. He's never really brought our son up to me much.
I was under the impression he resented him like he does me.
"Yes. He visits me everyday. Teaches me things. He helps with my pictures." He explains.
I'm completely taken off guard. "Taehyung taught you how to draw?"
He smiles. "Mhm hm. Appa helps me with lots of things. He helps me read and fight, too."
"Really?"
Nodding, he pauses with his drawing to look at me. "Eomma?"
"Y-yes, Jinhyun?"
"Why don't you love me?"
Now it's my turn to blink in surprise. "I do." Without thinking.
He frowns, shaking his head. "No, you don't. Not like appa. You don't come visit me or talk to me or teach me anything." He bites his little lip. "You hate me."
"I d-don't. I don't hate you." It's not very believable even to me. "You are my son."
He rolls the crayon in his small hands. God, he looks so much like Taehyung it's scary. A spark of emotion ignites in my chest. I have the urge to cry but suppress it.
     "Okay." His voice is soft and dejected.
     I want to feel something for him—anything—but I just don't. He doesn't feel like my son. He feels like a tiny cold stranger that gets more attention than me from my mate. I don't like it.
     And I don't like feeling this way. Why does Taehyung want me to stay away from Jinhyun? Why does he not encourage me to get closer? He's my flesh and blood and yet Taehyung seems to want him all to himself even over me.
     "Eomma?"
     "Mhm?"
     "W-Why won't appa let me outside? I'd love to play and explore." He nods towards the large window.
     My chest aches as I try to answer his question. I can't even go outside. Both of us are prisoners by Taehyung's own design. He's planning something—like always.
      "I don't know." I admit honestly.
     His smile is quick to return, though. If only Taehyung's smile could shine so brightly. "Appa said he's going to take me to meet my cousins soon. Will I really have others to play with?!" He practically bounces with newfound excitement.
      I frown. "Cousins?"
     He nods. "H-he said I'll get to meet my two cousins! They are boys like me!" His little eyes are wide.
     I struggle to control the pain in my head and body as I try to understand his words. Cousins...
     Jimin. Jungkook. Hoseok.   
    A pain like no other lances through me at the thought of my mate taking my son anywhere near my brother without me. I have a feeling his plans are not of the friendly visit variety.
     Is he planning to take their sons? Kidnap them and shape them into the cold little monsters that Jinhyun is slowly becoming.
     I can see it when I look at him. He barely holds any childhood carefree. No, my mate has sucked most of the innocence out of him. He's as emotionally scarred as I am. Both of us lost and searching in a sea of loneliness and pain for a lifeline.
     We're just too far gone to reach out and help one another. Perhaps he can still be saved, though. Maybe I should try harder—for him. It's the least I can do. Maybe I can get him away from here—away from me. Away from a Taehyung.
      He deserves a better life. One where he can receive the proper love he deserves. I can't give him that and I know Taehyung won't. He's going to end up like me.
     I watch as he begins drawing again—his tiny hands masterfully tracing around the blank paper to create such beautiful art that no six year old should possibly be able to procreate.
      It's mesmerizing. He's mesmerizing. A mini Taehyung. Maybe...maybe he could love me in a way Taehyung never will. Maybe Jinhyun could give me the things I desperately need...
      Placing my hand on his small shoulder, I find myself smiling. He could save me. Should I be selfish enough to keep him here with me instead of saving him?
      I'm tired of being lonely and broken. I just want...need...someone to give me love. Give me...something. Maybe this small child—so much like his father and yet not...can be the one.