Jin

"You look stunning. What's the occassion?"
Rolling my eyes, I secretly revel in this newfound attention from my stoic mate. I adjust the tailored pink silk shirt over my chest, admiring how it accentuates my body and curves to a t.
I tilt my hips in the mirror and stare at my body. The black slacks fixated on my body perfectly, showing off my ass and thighs just right. Sensual but not too slutty. Sexy but still appropriate.
"You chose this outfit." I remind him softly as he wraps his arms around my hips and kisses my throat. I watch his reflection observe me through the mirror as he slowly pulls out a necklace and fastens it around my neck.
It's a light gold chain and on its center right at my jugular rests a significantly large and noticeable red jewel.
"What is that?"
"Our family crest. It's been in the Kim family for centuries. I stole it before Namjoon could inherit it. I want you to wear it for me, my love. It signifies your importance to me for everyone to see."
"Ah." Bait.
He smiles, obviously reading my mind. "I'm not giving you this for bait. I'm giving you this because I want you to have it and it honors me to see my queen wear it. As long as I treasure you, I want you to treasure it."
My throat tightens and I find it hard to swallow. "Alright."
Nodding slightly, he pulls away, grasping my shoulders and studying me very closely. Obsessively almost. "You're perfect. Not one person, hybrid, nor vampire will be able to resist you."
I smirk, teasing. "Worried?"
His eyes alight with fire and challenge. "Why would I worry? I would just kill anyone attempting to take you away from me. No one would dare."
"I thought the whole point of this was that you think he will dare?"
He clicks his tongue. "Hmm, touché."
Grinning, feeling slightly happy for the first time in a long time, I reach up and kiss him. "Don't let him take me away, okay? If I get killed I will come back and haunt you for the rest of your existence. I won't let you off." Warning him.
"Is that a promise?"
     Scoffing, I push him back a bit and walk over to slip on my shoes. He stands proudly leaning against the walls with arms crossed, apprising me like a prize. In turn, it makes me feel proud as well.
     Once I'm fully ready, he slips on his own fancy suit that's more like a second skin for him, and we head off with his guard to the location of said 'meeting'.
     In truth, the vamp doesn't know he's meeting us. Taehyung used how many sources to locate the murderer and set up a reason for me to go there.
     I'm going to one of his buildings to grab some 'supplies' for my mate. The key is hoping the guy will notice me and take the bait as it were.
     Taehyung will expect him to leverage me for my mate and he will appear and so on...I'm not sure what the plan is after that but I'm trusting him. I really don't have any other choices anyway. He's my mate and I will help him since he helped me find Jimin.  
      As the car pulls up to the tall building in the center of the city, I take a deep breath.
  I can do this. I can do this. Nothing bad will happen, right? This should be easy for Taehyung...
      "If you're scared then I'll find another way to lure him in. I'm not forcing you." He says quietly, observing me from the other side of the car.
     "No." Shaking my head. "It's easy, right? I can do this."
     He takes my hand and laces our fingers together quite purposefully. "Look at me."
     I look into his hypnotic eyes, holding my breath.
     "Seokjin, I will not let anything happen to you. I haven't spent this much time protecting you and keeping you by my side to let such an insignificant little imbecile take what's mine. Nothing will harm you. I assure you."
     "I know that." I say a little too fast.
     Smiling, he releases my hand. "Go. The secretary at the front desk has a package for you to receive. Take it and walk right two blocks and into the coffee shop there. Walk inside and continue out the back door to the alley there. I will be waiting. Hopefully you will be followed without issue. We will deal with it there and without witnesses."
      I take in the information and nod. "Is he here now?"
     He tilts his head a bit, staring out the window towards the building. "I let it slip out that you would be receiving for me. I'm sure there are many rats around us ready to spread the information like a disease. I'm sure he's there waiting."
     I take another deep breath. "Alright. I'm going—"
     He jerks me against his chest and kisses me hard. His tongue and teeth devouring my mouth almost viciously.
    I moan, clutching him to me.
    In a moment, it's over.  
    He reaches over and opens the door for me.
    I watch him drive off before turning and walking casually into the building, holding my head up high and proud. Just as the mate of a Kim family should.
    The secretary smiles at me. "You must be Seokjin? We have a package for you."   
    Smiling lightly, I nod. "Yes. I'll take it."
    She reaches under the desk and hands me a large envelope. The contents are thick and heavy. I take it and nod a thanks to her before turning on my heel and walking out.
     I feel eyes on me the moment I step out. Following directions, I turn right and walk briskly towards the coffee shop but remain as causal as possible despite feeling followed.
    This is the plan. I need to be followed.   
    I trust Taehyung.
    I have to.
    I really don't want to die. Definitely not by the likes of this guy. I am curious what he looks like, though...  
    The urge to turn back and look is killing me by I resist. Just barely. I'll know soon enough. I can wait.
     Stepping into the coffee shop, I keep up the easy going act by ordering a drink and sipping on it happily before walking through the shop towards the back—
     Someone slams into me from the side and I hit the wall, dropping the envelope and my drink all over my shirt. Cursing, I look up to see a guy looking stunned and apologetic.
     "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you. I apologize." He grasps for napkins and begins dabbing at my shirt. "I'll buy you a new drink and pay for your dry cleaning."
     I sigh. "No need. It's not a big deal." Shit. My eyes scan around to see if anyone suspicious is watching me. I don't notice anyone weird, though.
     The guy gently takes my shoulder with a easy but guilty smile. "I'm Woo Ji Ho. My friends call me Zico, though."
     I find myself smiling in return, somehow easily disarmed and immediately calmed. "Why do they call you that?"
     His smile turns into a rueful grin as he leans in closer as if telling me a secret. His lips brush my ear. "Because they all think I'm a real psycho. Ha."
     It takes me a long moment to get it and when I do it's too late. Stupid. I'm so stupid. I let him get the upper hand on me!
It's Him!
He grasps my hand tightly and pushes me out the door leading to the back alley. My back is forcibly glued to his front as he drags me with him around to where Taehyung stands calmly waiting.
I have the most uncomfortable feeling as familiarity flashes in Tae's eyes. He looks unhappy. Almost regretful or apologetic. What?
"You finally show your fucking face after all this time!" Zico scoffs, spitting at my mate hatefully.
I wiggle but he tightens his grip on me, his nails ripping into my shirt and drawing blood. I flinch but keep still and calm.
I trust Taehyung. I have to.
Tae sighs, shaking his head. "Always the troublemaker. And for what? Was it really necessary to kill anyone?"
"As if you could talk? You've killed for much less. I just wanted your attention since you've chosen to ignore me. I got tired of waiting for you to make a move."
"Ji Ho—Release my mate. Now." His eyes turn threatening.
I shiver at the chilling laugh behind me, in my ear. "I can't believe you mated with such a weak creature. A hybrid no less? I'm disgusted with your choice. You could have had me and you threw me away for this?" He shakes my body roughly causing me to lose my breath.
Tae frowns. "I was never going to choose you. You know that. I made that very clear."
Zico glares. "You never said that. You told me to wait for your answer. Do you even know how long I waited for you? This is how you tell me? By flaunting this little bitch around like a toy! I'm ashamed I ever wanted you to be mine."
"Then why are you so upset?" Tae rolls his eyes. "You should be happy, yes? You can move on."
Zico smirks suddenly. "I have moved on, actually. Found this lovely little kitten I might just take as my own. This isn't what this is about, though. I'm avenging my wasted life and time on you but I also have another agenda. It just works out perfectly together. Almost too perfectly to get my revenge. Maybe it's fate." Mocking.
"And what's that?"
He clicks his tongue. Running his hands down my body making me feel disgusted. "This is strictly business actually." He suddenly holds up the envelope he snatched that I'd dropped. Shit!
He rips the contents, dropping all the documents uselessly to the ground to pull out a hidden key.
Tae stiffens. "Why would you need that? The key is nothing to you."
Zico laughs. "You're wrong about that. I've been bidding my time for a long time. I'm disarming the entire Kim family and taking control." He spins me around and rips the necklace off my neck, holding it up. Nearly decapitating me.
I gasp for air as a bruise begins to form where the rough chain choked me.
"I will be needing this." He winks and shoves me away. "I'll be seeing you both soon." And with that...he's gone. Disappearing like smoke in the air.
Taehyung is at my side in an instant, lifting me up and carrying me to the car while cursing. He throws me inside and begins driving in seconds.
I clutch my throat, rubbing. "What was that key?" My voice is rough and scratchy, painful.
He slams his hands on the steering wheel. "I never thought he would be capable of going this far."
"Did you know who was doing this?"
He's silent a long moment. "I suspected."
"And he is?" Needing to know. I got the gist of it, though.
He glances at me. "He was the vampire my family set up for me to mate with long long ago. It was never going to happen but he was a little obsessive over it. His family was never good enough for a Kim. They are a business empire, though. He's...powerful. I'm guessing he was just now allowed to take over his family's affairs. He's been waiting a long time."
"So that's why he's just now coming into play?"
He nods. "This is going to be harder than I thought."
"Why did he need my necklace?"
He frowns. "I stole that for a reason. I put it on you for safe keeping. It's...a very important amulet for our family. For royal vampires especially." His eyes tighten and he squeezes my hand. "It's the only thing that can actually kill me, if I believe correctly."
I pale. "Does he want to kill you?"
He laughs without humor. "Even if he doesn't...many do want me dead and now he can bargain with those that do. He can gain more power while letting my enemies take me out much easier than before. It's a win for him, either way."
I honestly thought there was no way Kim Taehyung could ever die. This new information is startling and I don't know how to feel about it. I don't like it.
"What do we do now?"
He doesn't answer for a long time. Not opening his mouth at all until we arrive back at the mansion. He stares up at the dark house for a long moment. "We need to lay low while I recuperate and reassess my thoughts. I'm sure he can easily find this place and I don't want him doing anything to you. I will keep you safe."
I stare at him, frowning. I reach for his hand and squeeze it. "And I want to protect you. Tell me what I can do to keep you safe." Resolved.
His lips curve up. "You aren't satisfied at the thought of my future demise? I thought you would be rejoicing."
"Are you kidding me? After everything I've suffered by your hands? No. If and when anyone is going to kill you it's going to be me and that's final." I growl, jerking him against me and kissing him hard.
Grinning, he caresses my face. "I expect nothing less of you, my love. I would be insulted if anyone but you were to end my existence."
Pride and power rushes through my body as he bites down into my throat, feeding from me. I open to him willingly, basking in the familiar pleasure pain of his touch.
Yes. His demise is only for me to have control of. It's only fair and right, after all. I will stay by his side until the end.
And that end will come by my hands one day.