Namjoon

"Did you find him?"
     Hoseok's voice is soft in the dark bedroom as I seek inside and shed my coat. I look at him lovingly on the bed, nodding. "We did. Well, Taehyung did." Sighing.
     His eyes widen. "Taehyung? Why did you go to him? Why did he help?" He's a surprised as I was. I still don't trust the other vampire. I feel he's brewing something in the background and I don't like it. I also believe he's not going to be a problem for right now, though. We've got bigger issues—especially him.
     "It was the only way."
     He sits up slowly, paling a bit. Ah, perhaps I took too much blood from him last feeding. I sit on the edge of the bed and run my hand over his hastily growing stomach. He's coming along well.
     "Y-you were gone a long time. Did it really take a few days?"
     Pressing my lips into a hard line, I hesitate to reply. No, we found Jimin the first day. I've been gone for nearly a week, though. "We found him the first day." I finally admit.
     He frowns. "Where have you been? I've been waiting here trapped in this room for days! I was so scared something happened to you!" Anger fills his voice.
     I nod, he's completely justified in his anger. I locked him in this room while I was gone just to make sure he remained safe. Something has come up, though, that needed my immediate attention delaying my return.
     "You've eaten, yes?" I know I allowed only the maid and one servant the key to his room but the restraints on his bed.
     I grasp his ankle and rub the red bruised skin where the silk bonding rubbed his skin raw, removing it promptly. "I'm sorry."
     "You just forgot me here, right? You chained and locked me up on this bed, in this room and just disappeared! I was terrified!" He yells, impulsively slapping me across the face.
     I take several deep breaths. I deserved that. "I never once forgot about you. You were constantly on my mind and I called the maid to remind her to help you shower and use the bathroom."
     He glares, full of pain. "I didn't need help from them! I needed you! My mate—or have you forgotten?"
     I release his sensitive ankle as he jerks it free not wanting to hurt him more. "Hoseok, listen to me—"
     "No!" He pushes me away and shakily climbs to his feet. I reach out and steady him but he pulls away. "I don't need your help now. Obviously I can't depend on you. I gave you my trust and let you fucking seclude and enslave me in here, trusting you to be here to take care of me and instead I got abandoned!"
     My head drops in disgrace as he stumbles into the bathroom and slams the door shut, locking me out. Slowly, I get to my feet and walk to the door, knocking lightly. I can hear his cries along with the water as he fills the tub.
     I really don't want to make his mental state worse but I don't want to lie to him. He needs to know. Sighing, I force the door open and lean against it. "Mark's mate, Jackson, is dead."
     He drops the shampoo bottle and looks at me in shock, paling instantly. "W-what did you just say?"
     All the pain I've been dealing with comes rushing back at once. I've been detaching myself since Mark called me in a panic after we found Jimin to tell me Jackson was gone and hadn't returned when he was supposed to.
     I swallow hard. "He was called into the city for an emergency birth but never made it. He was attacked and killed on his way. His body was almost unrecognizable and there was a note."
      He trembles. "Someone after you?"
     I can't look at him. "Someone looking for Taehyung. Demanding a meeting with him. I don't know who it was. I wanted to come straight home to you but I've been...working...with Taehyung to find out who did this."
     "O-oh my god. What about Mark! Is he okay? What's going to happen to him?"
     "Please calm down and don't stress your body." I fret. "Mark is here. He's going to stay with us in our home from now on. He's distraught, of course. He just lost his mate. This isn't good and it's going to harm, maybe even could kill him. Vampires are nearly impossible to kill. I'm sure he never imagined anything like this could ever happen."
     "God..." He cries. "What if something happens to you! You're Taehyung's brother and one of the most powerful vampires! They could come after you."
     I nod solemnly. "I'm more afraid someone might come after and harm you, love. I'm terrified, actually. I can't lose you or our child. I need you safe." I stress.
     Approaching him slowly, I kneel beside the tub and wrap my arms around his warm fragile body. His anger is dissipated and he allows me to hold him. "The only thing that would kill me is losing you." I whisper, lifting his chin and kissing him softly. "You can be angry at me but I beg you not to shut me out completely. I need to be with you right now. I won't let you out of my sight."
      Gulping, he nods. "Okay. I don't want to shut you out. I was just hurt and felt left out. Everyone but me was involved and I was left in the dark about everything."
     I sigh. "Actually, only Jin and Taehyung know about Jackson. I haven't told Yoongi yet seeing as he is dealing with almost losing Jimin. I couldn't add that stress to him."
     "It's going to kill Jimin and Jungkook. They love Mark and really loved Jackson. This will devastate them."
     "I know, baby." I relax for the first time all week having my precious mate in my arms again. Feeling his hot breath on my neck and his strong thrumming pulse under my fingers. Alive and safe. All I could ask for.
     "I want to see Mark."
     "Of course. I want to be with you first, though. Can I? I need to be connected with my mate." I can't deny the desperation in my voice. The panic.
     Shuddering, he nods.
     At once, I lift him out of the tub and stride back towards the bedroom. Setting him gently on the bed, I kneel and begin kissing my way up his wet ankle. Planning to devour every inch of him and showing him my love.
     Trailing my lips and tongue up his legs, I spread his legs and take him into my mouth, sucking lightly. His hips buck and moans leave his mouth.
    I need to taste his lips again.
    Ignoring my own needs, I spend a long time on loving every inch of his skin, only moving on to another section when he's a begging crying mess. I admire my mate, lovingly cradling his large belly in my hands as my lips take his, tongue demanding entrance into his mouth.
     "Namjoon, I love you." He whispers, kissing my cheek as I gaze down at him intensely.
     "I love you, too." Groaning, I finally allow myself to sink into his tight, hot, heat only after making him cum several times by my ministrations .
     His hands tear at my clothes and it's a hassled rush to help assist him with undressing myself. My first and only priority being to bring him pleasure and join us as one.
     It's fast and urgent, our love and lust mingling together combining with our pain and panic or losing one another. I've missed him so much. I can't lose him.
     I won't.
     "Nghnn...c-cumming! I'm cumming!" He cries out his release, panting breathlessly as sweat drips down his forehead. I lick it away before trailing my mouth down and biting into his throat, sucking his lifeforce into my myself.
     His body jerks and I feel the wetness between his legs as he cums again. I fill his body with my own fluids, replenishing him with myself. He's in me and I'm in him. It's right, it's perfect.

     When it's over, I hold him tightly in my arms as his exhausted body slowly recovers. His mental state a mess as he silently cries for Mark. I know he's imagining himself in Mark's place and losing me.
      I know because I can't stop thinking the same. Jackson was a good friend to me and he helped all our mates survive their births. He was a good vampire and it's a huge loss in our world—in my world. He was family.
     I don't know how I'm going to tell Yoongi. He's going to be enraged I kept it from him this long but I did what I had to do.
     I'm going to find the vampire that killed Jackson and make him pay. Taehyung has some explaining to do. This was obviously a personal attack. He knows much more than he's letting on and I won't stand for it.