Taehyung

"What is the matter now?" I try to keep my tone as light as possible as Jin sulks near the large bay window. His eyes constantly scoping the environment for what...I'm not sure, to be honest.
     He's been pliant and silent these last few days since I helped him locate his lost younger brother. He hasn't requested anything of me. Not one word of protest for any of my quite infrequent requests of late.
     I don't like it.
     I'm used to the fight. The anger. The disgust on his face. I'm used to honing battles with my fierce kitten. I don't know how to take this new...roundabout.
     I need an outlet. I, myself, have been experiencing an onslaught of unattended emotional rage of late. When I really need it, he is uninterested and detached. I will not strike at him unprovoked, however.
    Loathe as I am to admit it, I'm...struggling. "Jin? Are you going to ignore me forever now?"
     His body shifts and his eyes finally meet mine after days of avoidance. "I'm not avoiding you. I'm...reflecting." He admits.
    My brow furrows. "Reflecting? Reflecting on what?"
    "Cause and affect."
     Frown deepening, I try to decipher his meaning. "Of what?"
     He turns to fully face me, eyeing me up and down. "I guess I'm pondering on what past actions of mine has caused my life to turn into this. If my previous actions have negatively impacted all those around me...."
     I scoff, immediately dismissing his melancholy. "Nonsense." Tilting his face up closer to mine, I gently peck his lips. "Jin, you've done the best you know how, yes? You took care of Jimin as best you could although you aren't much older than him. You've sacrificed yourself time and time again for everyone else. What is it you think you've possibly done wrong?" I pause, reflecting a bit on my own actions. "Since the moment you were captured...you never had a choice and you know that. I took all that away from you. Should you be pondering anyone's cause and affect...it should be mine."
     Now it's his turn to scoff. "You are really a piece of work."
     Nodding, I smile a bit. "An excessively rare and expensive piece of work, I might add. Aren't you honored to be graced by my affections?"
     "Are you being ironic or sarcastic? I can't tell."
    "Oh, I see you're feeling much better, hm? Ready to fire shots at my vulnerabilities?"
     "You? Vulnerable? Don't make me laugh. You are the only one not suffering."
     "You would be wrong." My voice is almost barely a whisper. The thinly veiled pain in it coming through a bit. "I suffer like everyone else suffers. I just don't show my weaknesses to just anyone."
     He's silent for a long time, almost calculating me. "But you'll show me?"
     Dropping my head to rest on his, I sigh. "You are the only one I'm willing to show this side to. Do not take it for granted."
     "I miss Jimin and I miss my son." He whispers.
     "I'm not stopping from seeing your brother."
     He pulls back. "And my son?"
     I hesitate. "I'm not sure that would he a good idea but I won't begrudge your a visitation." I carefully allow.
     "Why do you hate my connection with him so much? He's your son, too."   
     "I don't hate your connection to him. Quite the contrary..." I pause, unsure how to voice my concerns. "I'm glad you were finally showing interest in him but...Jin, you aren't healthy when it comes to him. You obsess. You fear abandonment. It's not healthy to project that fear onto our child. It's my fault and I realize that."
     He blinks, surprised by my assumptions. "Maybe you're right. I still want to see him and be with him, though. He's mine and I want him back."
     "He's studying right now at a place adequate for his level of learning. He needs this. I will take you to visit him if you wish or you can wait until a break in his schooling occurs."
     "I never got to attend school." He blurts out suddenly. "I never got to experience many things in life."
     I sigh. I've failed in many aspects for my mate but this...this wasn't within my control. "Was that something you wanted?" I caress his hair, staring down into his glossy eyes.
     "I had always hoped Jimin and I would be able to live like normal valued humans...given a chance at a real life. It really sucks the way everything went."  
     "Mhm. I'm sorry a normal life was taken from you, Seokjin. I'm also sorry for taking you away from that chance as well." Admitting quietly.
     He looks at me in shock. I'm sure he never expected me to ever apologize.   
     "I can admit when I've failed to succeed in plans or that I perhaps went about them in the wrong way. I've learned much having you as a mate, if I'm to be honest."
     "You have changed." He concedes with reluctance.
      "How generous of you."
     "I really like when you smile at me." He looks away, embarrassed at the admission. "You've hardly ever smiled at me in all these years." 
     "Then I will smile at you more often." Willing to make more concessions for him. "On one condition."   
     Pouting, he huffs and waits, looking annoyed and a little anxious. Given my past actions and demands, it's understandable.
     "I can try to be a better vampire and mate to you. I will continue to treat you well and give you anything in my power if you ask. I will accept every part of you, the good and the bad. I will target my goals away from harming you and your family but...there is one thing I will never change."
     He frowns. "Whats that?"  
     Gazing into his eyes, I lean down and take his lips in a deep searing kiss. He kisses me back, confused but willing. Pulling back, I grasp his chin to keep him in place. "No matter what...never leave my side. I will protect you even from myself but you must never leave me. It's the only thing I'm going to ask. I will give you the freedom you really want. You can do anything but...you have to always return to me and be mine alone."
     His eyes widen a bit as he gasps in air. "A-are you saying..."
     "I will let you do whatever you want. If you want to attend school and be 'normal' as you call it then I will help you do that. But do not ever hide from me or disappear. You have to come back."
     "W-why? Why are you doing this? It's so...unlike you."
     I release him and walk around him to stare out the window into the black of night.
     "I suppose you could say I've been reflecting on myself as well. I've went about making you mine all wrong. Instead of force, I'm going to try a different approach." I admit wholeheartedly. "After all...isn't there a ridiculous saying about if you love something then you must let it go? I don't understand the sentiment myself. It's a human thing, after all. Vampires are not good at letting go of things that belong to them. I'm not like most vampires, however. I'm willing to try this. For you. Only for you, Jin." Whispering the last words.
      I feel him come up behind me and wrap his arms around me. "I won't leave you. I think we both know I've made my choice on that over and over again. I had my chance and I came back."
     "Only because I forced your hand and threatened your friend."
     "You saved him, though. You helped me find my brother and you didn't have to. I think that you aren't as bad as you want everyone to believe and that's why I've always came back to you in the end. If I truly thought you so completely unredeemable, I would have run far away a long time ago and disappeared forever."
     Turning around, I crush him in my arms, kissing him with every bit of emotion coursing through me. He accepts it all, taking it in stride and tightening his own grip on me.  
     "Jin." I caress his face, admiring his beauty. My queen. My only confidant. My only companion. "I truly love you."
      Sighing, he rests his head on my chest. "I know you do and that's why I love you, too. We're both a little obsessed."
      Smirking, I take his hand and kiss it. "Will you accompany me on a business trip? I would like your assistance with a little task before setting your demands in motion."
      He looks up in surprise. I've never asked him to join me anywhere when it comes to business. "Where?"
     Grinning, I let the full wickedness of my turmoil shine through. "We are going to arrange a little meeting with a curious little vampire that has been seeking me out. He's gone a little too far and it's time to seek retribution for his childish actions."
     "Who? Are you talking about the vampire that murdered Jackson?"
      I nod, smirking evilly. "He's far surpassed my patience. It's time to end this before he hurts anyone else in my place."
     "And what will I need to do?"
     I lovingly kiss his hair. "I will need you as bait my queen. Do you trust me?" 
     "...I will trust you."