Jin

I sit and admire Jinhyun as he sleeps. So soft and sweet looking. His coldness disappearing when his eyes are closed in slumber. Humming, I run my fingers through his hair gently with a smile.
     He's...breathtaking. Almost an exact replica of Taehyung. My heart pounds just looking at him, body and soul yearning. So beautiful. Like a rare diamond surrounded by the filth of death and violence. He's innocent...pure. Something to covet.
      His eyes flicker slightly and he whines. "E-eomma?"
     "Shh, baby. Sleep. I'm right here." Cooing, I climb into bed beside him and pull him into my arms, breathing him in. He smells as good as he looks.
     He wraps his little arms around me and I sigh, content for the first time in a long time. I kiss his head softly, trailing my lips down his cheek to his own. I let them linger for just a moment before pulling away.
     He sighs, snuggling deeper into my chest. I haven't felt this much love and affection in a long time...if ever. Not since...Jimin. I need this. I need Jinhyun to need me, to want me. To love me.
      The door cracks open and Ren peaks his head in. He glares at me but I pay him no mind. He's nothing. He can't come between us.
      "Taehyung is looking for you." He whispers harshly.
      I ignore his presence. "Tell him I'm busy."
     The door opens wider and Taehyung stands forebodingly. "Jin, get up. Let the child sleep. I have a mission for you."
      Reluctantly, I release the object of my obsession, of my desire, and get up. He continues to sleep undisturbed as I stalk out of the room, my robe fluttering open behind me.
      Taehyung grabs my arm and leads me to our bedroom, closing the door firmly behind him. I spin around and tug myself out of his grip, taking a seat on the bed and waiting expectantly.
      He scowls at me. "You've been spending a lot of time with Jinhyun lately."
     "Your point?"
     "I don't like it. Stop."
     "He's mine. You do not have a say in how I spend my time with my child."
     "You mean our child. You are distracting him with illusions of your sick obsessions. Leave him alone. He has things to focus on. You aren't one of them."
      Scoffing, I clench my fists. "What are you trying to say?"
     He smirks down at me, condescending and quite malicious. "Don't think I don't know what you're doing. You are trying to replace me with him. He's a child, Jin. You want to call me a monster all you want but even I have standards. What you are trying to do is disgusting. Stop it now."
      I swallow hard and look away. "You're wrong. I just want to repair the bond we lost because of you."
      "I never stopped you from spending time with him. You refused to have anything to do with him when he was born until now. You refused to even look at him. You've hated him since the moment he cried at birth. Don't blame me for that."
      I say nothing.
     "I was the one that made sure he had the proper care to survive. I was the one that took care of his training and learning abilities. I was the one to teach him things and spend time with him. I was also the one to make excuses for you when you refused to breathe his name!"
      I flinch. "Well I'm ready now. You want to take that away from me now?!"
     He laughs harshly. "If you truly wanted to spend time with him as his eomma then no, I wouldn't. We both know that isn't what this is. I'll repeat myself—stop before you traumatize the boy more than he already is."
      "Ironic coming from you."
     "Maybe so but I know my limits. You apparently don't. I didn't work so hard on him to have you ruin it with sick fantasies of incestuous love." He spits, grabbing my robe and pulling towards him. "For the last time—leave him alone."
      I shove him off me. "I love him as I should. It's you who has those disgusting thoughts."
     "You are in denial."
     Glaring at him, I struggle to contain myself from hitting him. "What do you want from me?"
     He tsks at the subject change. "I have a proposition for you, kitten."
     "Keep going..."
     He steps forward and grabs my chin, forcing me to look up into his eyes. His grip tight. "I want you to retrieve something for me. Once you do as I ask...then I will take you out. I'll focus my time and attention on you and only you." He offers.
      I tense up. "L-like a date?"
     He nods. "Exactly like that. You're apparently lacking affections so much you'd defile an innocent child so I suppose I must do my duty as your mate and pleasure your lewd desires. I'll accommodate you if you can manage to do this one thing for me."
      I smack his hand away. "I did not defile him. I simply put him to sleep." I hiss.
     "Whatever you want to call it. Will you do this or not?"
      I hesitate. "What am I retrieving exactly?"
     His smile turns wicked. "Two little boys. Jinhyun will have brothers to join his training."
     I falter. "You mean..."
     "Exactly. You do want my attentions, yes? After all...when Jinhyun has brothers to entertain him...he won't need your love anymore." He laughs.
     "Maybe I don't want to take them. You can't make me."
     Growling, he moves too fast for me to follow and, before I know it, I'm pressed against the mattress as he chokes me, face inches from mine—fangs bared. "You will do this because I said so."
     Holding my breath, I gear up and using all my might—I flip our positions and remove his hand from my throat. I bask in the feel of his strong body held under mine. For just a moment.
      Leaning down, I caress his face with a nail, my lips barely trailing over his skin. "You do not have that power over me anymore, Kim Taehyung. I want nor need anything from you anymore." I sit up and smirk down at him.
He blinks up in confusion before it turns to bitter rage.
      I laugh. "I thought about it a lot lately and...I find I don't love you anymore. I love someone else much more deserving."
     He sits up and I feel his cold eyes on me as I move to my closet and pick out some clothes. Letting my robe drop from my naked body, I allow him to look at me as I slowly get dressed. "You can't control me anymore, sweetheart."
     He stalks towards the door, pausing to look back at me. I stare back just as coldly. "You will regret this, love."
     I smile, thinking only of Jinhyun and his lovely smile and touches. Just for me. "No. I don't think I will. I think I should have done this long ago."
      He slams the door closed behind him.
He's wrong. My love for Jinhyun is perfect and proper and...and...
He's wrong.