Hoseok

"Where are we going?"
Zico smiles brightly, gripping my hand painfully tight. Wincing, I allow him to drag me forward. "It's a surprise. You like those, right?"
"Not from you."
He pouts and the sight makes me want to slap him. "Come on, baby, I'm trying to cheer you up. You don't seem happy."
Happy? He wants to see me happy? Impossible. I've lost any meaning of happiness. I've lost Namjoon and my child. The two most important things in my life. What's there to ever be happy about again?
"Happiness isn't a requirement." I quip in the silence. It's true.
"Well that's miserable." He scrunches up his face. "You might want to wallow in misery but I enjoy happiness."
"You're insufferable."
He stops suddenly making me fall into him. I grunt and rub my head. "At least I'm making an effort. I'm trying. Can't you just give me a fucking chance for a moment?"
I hesitate, studying him, noting he actually looks upset. "Fine. I don't like surprises, though." Admitting. Never have really.
"If you kiss me, I'll tell you." Smiling brightly once more, teasing.
Rolling my eyes, just wanting him to stop this, I jerk him towards me and kiss him hard and fast. It's over in seconds. "Deal."
Overly shocked, he laughs in a quick burst before shaking his head, giving in. "We're visiting the King."
I stop dead in my tracks, staring at him in stunned shock. "W-what?"
"The King—you know, your ex mate?" He raises a brow, not amused. "Don't tell me I've already made you forget him?"
I shake my head. "I can't see him. He banished him. I can't go anywhere near him." And maybe I'm terrified at the thought of seeing him. Afraid I'll break down and beg him to love me, to accept me. To take me back. All with my new mate by my side to witness my shame. Ugh.
"I don't want to go. If you need to see him, I'll wait behind."
He cocks his head to the side. "Can't. We've been summoned. Both of us, sweetheart."
Panic floods my body. Chills all over. Namjoon obviously felt our bond break but...but does he know how and who? He already knows it was Zico? I know he suspected but...
"Come on. We need to hurry." He picks up the pace once more and practically launches me into the car. Climbing behind the wheel, he begins the drive back to Namjoon's."
He thrums his fingers on the wheel, thinking. "I should tell you...."
I dread everything that comes out of this lunatic's mouth. "What now?!"
"We're meeting the King..."
"...okay?"
He glances at me. "As well as his future Queen."
I stare at him. My brain completely unable to process what he just said. Future Queen....queen...vampire queen...not me...
My mouth opens but nothing comes out. I can't bring myself to ask. I have no right to ask, to be upset. To cry.
"Have nothing to say?" His annoying teasing tone back once more. The urge to hit him resurfacing.
I sigh. "Nope." I lean back and close my eyes, thinking about anything but what's about to happen. Maybe Namjoon couldn't kill me physically so he's going to take me out psychologically.
"Whatever. Your loss, I guess." He turns up the radio and leaves me be, thankfully, the rest of the drive.

Dread feels me as we slowly approach the winding road towards the castle estate I'm so familiar with. My throat closes up and I can't breathe. I'm nauseous.
Zico parks, turning off the car and looking at me. "You gonna make it?" Eyeing me with concern.
Swallowing hard, I don't answer. Instead, exiting the car and staring up at the intimidating home. Once mine. Stop it. It's over. Stop thinking about it. Don't break down now. You can do it later when alone.
"Let's go." Wanting this to be over already.
Uncharacteristically, he seems tense as he guides me towards the door and knocks lightly. He keeps glancing around and tightening his grip on my wrist.
The door swings open and one of Namjoon's men lead us inside. I don't recognize him so he must be new. We're led directly into the thrown room.
I stop short at the door, afraid to continue on and see my replacement. I shudder as Zico presses me forward. Why is he doing this to me? I'm not even sure if I'm asking Zico or Namjoon at this point.
Zico steps away from me and begins talking to someone. It's not Namjoon. It's an unfamiliar female voice. My vision tunnels out and I feel myself growing faint. Lightheaded. I can't make myself look up to see the betrayal and anger on Namjoon's face or bear witness to his new lover.
I gasp as a pair of arms grasp me from behind and squeezing me tightly. My eyes snap open wide and I glance behind me—only to come face to face with him.
Namjoon's face inches from my own. His breath brushing over my mouth. His arms around my, holding me tight.
I have no idea what to think or say or do. I'm frozen in his arms as he studies my face, a pinched look on his face. He pulls me tighter against him and presses his lips onto my cheek. "I'm sorry." He whispers into my skin. "I'm so sorry, Hoseok."
His simply words break my entire world down. I collapse and he's there to hold me as I sob and let myself break apart, unable to hold back if I tried.
"W-why?" I stutter through tears, unable to speak properly.
He caresses my face, kissing every inch except my lips. He's not mine anymore, I'm not his...and yet...I wish he'd never stop kissing me, loving me, claiming me...
I don't even register Zico and the other person in the room as I wrap myself around Namjoon and cling for dear life. I could care less about anyone in the room except the person holding me up. His embrace familiar and calming. The only thing in the world I need to keep living.
I finally allow myself to look into his eyes. He'd obviously been waiting. He smiles a smile dimply smile. I finally take notice of his appearance and notice bloodstains on his clothes. He looks stressed and tired but also lighter somehow...like me.
"I broke the bond." Whispering. Not wanting to have to admit to something we both obviously know.
"You mean Zico broke our bond." He corrects. "It's alright. I'm not mad at you anymore." He frowns. "I shouldn't have treated you like that no matter what. I was wrong and I'm sorry. I don't deserve your forgiveness but I'm asking for it anyway."
I blink back more annoying tears. "You have a new queen?" I finally look over to see Zico glaring at us, standing beside a very beautiful woman who obviously resembles him. Related, perhaps? She doesn't seem angry at us, however, just amused.
Namjoon scoffs. "A business arrangement. Not romantic in the slightest."
She rolls her eyes. "How pleasant to meet you, Hoseok?" She bumps into Zico. "My brother chose his mate well...I suppose stole is the better term, however. Guilty." She laughs softly. It's disarming and yet disconcerting at the same time.
"What do you mean?" I have to ask.
"Well...I've wanted the queendom for a very very long time. I bid my time for far too long. I grew impatient so had Zico help speed up the arrangements."
It all clicks into place and I get it. The reason Zico randomly chose me out of everyone to per-sue. Why he put so much effort into ruining my relationship and tearing me away from Namjoon. Of course it was all about being the King. Not really to do with me. He used me to free Namjoon so she could step in my place.
I look at Namjoon, hoping he tells me I'm wrong.
He shakes his head, frowning. "I accepted to take her to my side as Queen only if she accepts you will remain personally by my side. If you will take me back, I will not lose you again." He motions towards her. "Our arrangement is strictly business. I know you've never cared about ruling, anyway." He looks nervous.
I hesitate.
"If it makes you feel better, he only accepted our deal after I saved him from the brink of death."
My eyes widen and my gaze swings back to Namjoon. "The brink of death?!"
"Don't worry about that. Are you going to accept me or not?" He asks, sounding almost desperate as he holds me a little tighter.
I consider. "I'm mated to Zico..." Stating the obvious.
Zico scoffs from across the room. "I see you haven't completely forgotten my existence."
His sister...the queen...shoves him hard. "We had a deal. Release him if he wishes it."
Zico glares at her before seeking me out, tugging me free from Namjoon's death grip, and pulling me to the side. He grasps my shoulders and stares into my eyes, serious for once. "I have been trying, you know. I do actually like you. I bonded with you because I wanted to..." He sighs. "But if you ask me to break it, I will. But you have to ask it of me or I won't." He pauses, his eyes searching mine. "I'm hoping you won't, though. I'm hoping maybe you'll give me a chance."
I don't know what to say to that.
"You've been with Namjoon a long time and I know you've suffered quite a bit at his hands. It's not always been about happiness, right? Can't you just consider maybe you'd be happier with someone else? That you could learn to love someone else? Just promise me you will consider this seriously before answering. Promise me you will fully think it through. I'll accept whatever decision you make as long as you truly consider the both of us." He stress.
I can feel him through our new bond. Still fresh. All the emotions flowing through him...are not deceitful. Maybe he really does care about me in his weird lunatic way. He's crazy but honestly all these vampires are insane.
Namjoon chimes in from behind. "I've messed up royally. Time and time again. I won't mess us up again. I just need one more chance."
Zico frowns at him before addressing me once more. "He wants you by his side forever but he's promised Chaerin an heir, Hoseok. That means at some point he will have to fuck her. He'll have to cheat on you, hurting you again. How can he talk about last chances without even telling you the fucking truth? I'm telling you the truth because you deserve to know with full transparency before making your choice. It's completely up to you. I won't force you and he can't either. It's your freedom to decide."
I suspected it was like that. Even as Namjoon stressed it a business arrangement, obviously there would be more to it. Of course she would want an heir. It's a very normal requirement for royalty. I suppose our heir wouldn't count to her. She would want her own blood in the line.
"That's not important and doesn't need to be discussed anytime soon. There are many different ways to have heirs nowadays." Namjoon huffs, scowling at Zico."
Chaerin smiles. "Of course. I would take into account his lovely partner."
His words and calm demeanor doesn't put me at ease. The smirk in her eyes tells me she's just toying with the situation. I don't trust her. Does Namjoon? Surely he's not so blind...
Did she really save his life? Of course only to reap benefits.
"You really deserve better, Hoseok, please think this through. Don't let him get into your head."
"Who are you to fucking talk? I should kill you for all you've done to us! You manipulated the both of us over and over again! You're lucky I'm allowing you to breathe, you pathetic fucking psycho!"
"It takes one to know one! You're lucky you're the fucking King and I don't want to upset Hoseok because I could totally wreck you, pansy ass bitch. You've become soft, Joonie."
He hisses. "Don't call me that."
"The truth still stands." Zico sticks out his tongue.
How two powerful vampires can be so childish is just...too much right now.
Chaerin laughs. "Good luck, Hoseokie. Such sound choices." She snorts.
Both men stare at me, waiting.
I don't like being put on the spot like this. My heart beats painful in my chest as I stare between them. Namjoon's hope and Zico's resolve.
"I...I...I want..."