Taehyung

Selfishness comes in many forms. Far too many to count, really. The cruelest to the kindest can all have selfish desires. Everyone has a reason for doing the things they do. The true test of selfishness is if they can justify it. The ends truly justify the means, if you will.  
        I, myself, am an honest true believer in being selfish and thinking of one's inner self only. Seokjin has been the only one to open me up to changing my mindset at all and that has taken a long time. All his efforts have finally perhaps comes to fruition as I stare across the room at Jimin clutching the knife, nervousness and fear radiating off him.
        He's terrified but ready to give it all up. It could be considered selflessness but I personally think he's more like me than he'd like to acknowledge. He's being selfish. He wants those around him to consider him a martyr. A victim of love and loss. The ultimate justification to be selfish so he can relieve his own suffering—using me as an excuse.
        I can already hear the blames being shouted at me for brainwashing him into suicide. It's expected of me, really. What else could be the truth? Can't really blame them. From the outside looking in, what else could be the case?
        A twisted snarl curls my lips as I think about it. After all, no one could possibly be more selfish than me. I embody the very definition. What a joke. I'm selfish and yet anytime there is a problem I'm the one they run to to fix it. I'm Mr. Problem solver and yet I'm the only selfish one? Only wanted around when needed then discarded like trash.
        Disgusting.

I chant over and over and over again, using my soft vampiric voice to entrance Jimin. His focus is quite admirable but eventually he succumbs to my enchanting spell and the hypnotizing scents around him and zones out. His eyes glaze over and he drops the knife to the ground.
        I have to be swift before he breaks out of it. He will soon realize my goal and object because...well he's too soft hearted. Too selfless. Hilariously ironic, really. I know he'd have never agreed to this if he knew my true intent.
        It's hard to trust one to be brutal when one needs to be. Shame.
         Keeping the chant going, I toss the book aside and stride over to him. I lift the knife from the ground and dip it into the caldron before wrapping his fingers back around the hilt. I then break one of the chains on the ground and wrap it around him, making sure he won't be able to break free easily so he can't fight me. Not that he could but measures should be taken regardless.
Afterwards, I carelessly remove my shirt and, without missing a beat, grasp Jimin's wrist holding the knife and force him to drive it directly into my chest with all our combined strength. He needs to be the one to do this.
The pain....well...it's unbearable. It's every bit as agonizing as I expected. Gritting my teeth, I force myself to keep chanting while also making Jimin push it as deep as it will go. I feel it rip through the other side of my back.
My voice falters and I choke back blood and bile, prepping myself for what's to come next. Eyeing the bubbling mess in the caldron, I want to step away.
Instead, I shove Jimin back and he takes the knife with him. Stumbling down to the floor and shaking his head, finally coming out of the trance, confused.
Not giving myself a second to reconsider what I'm doing, I tilt the contents of the caldron over my entire body, drenching myself from head to toe.
It feels like acid. Poison. Toxic.
Pain.
Jin thinks I'm selfish. How could I possible make his only brother suffer such a fate and go through Hell like this for my friend? Yes, Yoongi is his mate but he's been my friend much much longer. He's suffered a lot just being my friend. Seokjin has suffered as bad just being my mate. Namjoon has suffered being my family...
Eventually there seems to be a connection. I make those around me suffer. I'm cruel and cold and always, always, selfish. Always have been and always will be. It's my way. Until the end.
I've lived quite a long life. Longer than most, shorter than some.
I've grown quite tired of always being the bad guy. Believe it or not, maybe I'd like to be a hero sometime. Sure, Zico and his crazy sister are replacing me as the villains for now but eventually everyone will go back to hating me and blaming me for all their downfalls. Yet I'm the selfish one?
Yet I'm also the one they always seem to turn to in the end when they need help. Funny, that.
No, I never planned for Jimin to be the one to sacrifice his life essence. I never planned for him to shoulder this pain and agony. No, but he will have to be the one to do the hard work and deal with the aftermath. He has to be the one to heal his own relationships instead of ducking out of the responsibilities.
I might be taking his place in the sacrificial ceremony but being so soft hearted...this will still be agony for him. I can only hide my pain for so long before I'm weakened and reveal it. Even I'm not truly immortal or immune to pain.
Seokjin will be better without me. He has so many who love and will care for him. He will still have our son and Jimin. He'd never forgive me if I took him away from him. I've left everything to him and our son. Namjoon is King. He'll work a deal with Chaerin and be able to keep his love by his side. He's smart—not as smart as me but it will suffice.
Yoongi will return to being a vampire and help Jungkook learn and thrive while they realize their true love for Jimin once more when they see what he's willing to do for them...
In the end, it will be me bringing everything into their rightful place. Sure, maybe it's selfish but if I must go, I'm going out in a blaze of glory and selflessness. Something everyone deems I lack. I love proving them wrong. A little token to leave myself with in my last moments.

"T-Taehyung! What's...what's going on!" Jimin screams, shocked at the chains holding him back and the bloody knife in his hand. His wide eyes stare in horror at my wet bloody chest but I can't speak.
The shock of pain thrums through every inch of my body and I shutter, kneeling on the ground as the potion sears painfully into every cell of my being. My body overtaken. Slowly killing me.
I open my mouth but nothing comes out except for blood and frothy poison. It fucking hurts. It feels like I'm on fire. My throat burns and my eyes blurry. My fingers claw the ground and I close my eyes, trying to stifle the scream wanting to erupt from my burning throat.
I swallow it back.
Jimin is calling my name and yelling but I stop hearing him as I shakily finish the last of the chants—some prayers if you will—and collapse into a shaking burning heap on the ground. With blurry vision, I lift my hand only to see blackened skin.
Tears escape my eyes, blinding me as they mingle with the acidic sludge coating my body inside and out. An image of Jin fills my mind as I slowly release the last breath within me. Not taking in another.
I do love you, love. You are the only one I could ever selflessly give my life for and be thankful knowing you are alive even without me. I've taken so much from you...I will not take your only family as well. You'll hate me for this but it's the only way. You will find someone else to love and move on. That's the gift of mortality. Memories become fickle and time goes on. You're strong enough now you don't need me.
I turn my head over to look at Jimin one last time before I release an ear piercing cry of agony. I'm suddenly calm and feel nothing else as everything goes silent around me and inch by inch...my body finally succumbs and accepts the sacrifice and stills.

Within a moment...
All that's left is dust where a body once lay.