Jimin

Why did I come here?
I just wanted some space. A break from everything and everyone and all the expectations. I just wanted freedom.
So why did I come here? A place that only haunts me in my nightmares. A place Jin and I suffered so much.
There is nothing here anymore. I'm alone. Jin is gone. In the end...I guess I thought by having two mates love me I'd be able to fill some void but in the end...I don't think that's possible.
Jin is the only one that has every just loved and cared for me unconditionally. He never asked or demanded anything of me. He just loved me for me and kept me safe.
Why did I forget that? I never got to apologize for the things I said or the way I acted or...or for leaving him to continue suffering in hell for my own happiness. I'm the one that deserves to be alone. It's my karma.
I wish I could go back and change our places. I wish Jin could have found his happiness in two mates and forgot about me. Moved on with his life. He deserved it. He's always sacrificed for me. Always. I know that.
Maybe this is my punishment to myself for not saving him like he's always done for me. I can't find my happiness because without him it doesn't exist. Not really. Maybe Jungkook and Yoongi have just been distractions.
Calming down now and rationally thinking everything through...I've come to realizations I've been avoiding.
I'm selfish. I know, shocking right?
I've let Jungkook be neglected by Yoongi by taking all his time. Me leaving has probably been the best thing to happen for them. I can grow enough to admit that. They've never had a real chance to truly be mates because I've always had to be the center of attention.
I was afraid for them too get closer. Afraid because deep down I know they work together much more than me. I don't truly fit in with either of them. I'm too much. Just too everything.
Too selfish. Too weak. Too fragile. Too stubborn. Too childish.
Yoongi is a strong formidable vampire. He needs a strong mate that can stand beside him in ways I never could.
Jungkook is strong. He's a wolf. He's perfect by Yoongi's side. I always knew that but hid the truth from myself because of the fear of rejection.
I wanted to force myself to get pregnant again despite the danger because...because I didn't want to lose their attention and affection. It was stupid and I can admit that now. In way it's like trapping them to me. It's not fair.
I don't want to be this way anymore. I wish I could just have Jin back and run away with him. Leave everything behind and start over. The boys would be fine with Yoongi and Jungkook. They are both better parents than me, too. They could teach them so much and make them stronger and smarter.
Sure, I could nurture them but that is only good for so long. Soon I wouldn't be needed for anything anyway. I'm useless. Always have been.
Why did they even bother to include me into their mating? Because I'm pretty? I won't be pretty forever so then what?
Yoongi and Jungkook makes sense.
I don't fit in.
I glance around the dilapidated house. Now condemned. It used to be beautiful, too. Or maybe I only thought so because it was the only home Jin and I had ever known before we ran and had nothing but each other.
That human owner was trash and took out all his anger and frustrations on us—but mostly Jin. Always protecting me.
Now it's dark and empty. Maybe it always was. Jin and I made it brighter in our mind. Forcing a happy fantasy out of a hell we couldn't escape until we did.
It doesn't scare me anymore. Walking around the cracked tiles on the floor and staring at the small room Jin and I shared for years...I feel numb.
It doesn't feel real.
I miss my hyung.
I know, though...he didn't abandon me. I abandoned him. I won't forgive myself for that. We were all we truly had and I failed him.
I failed everyone.
I don't want to do that anymore.
My cheeks feel wet. Glancing up at the ceiling, I see a hole peaking sunlight through the roof but it's not rain. It's my tears.
Taking a deep breath, I wipe my face clean and take a seat on the old dirty mattress I used to sleep on. In the corner, my old stuffy lies torn apart and shredded, dirt covered stuffing scattered around the floor.
With shaking hands, I pick it up and hold it to my chest. So many memories. Most bad, some good.
"What are you doing here?"
Jumping in surprise, I twist my head around to see Jin frowning at me from the doorway. My tears can't be stopped now. "H-Hyung?!" It's not real. "You're dead!"
He gives me a sad smile, eyeing the dirty stuffy before slowly sitting down beside me and taking it from my trembling hands. He sighs. "I'm not. I'm sorry I haven't been there for you."
My jaw drops. "I've been to your grave."
"I survived but I didn't want to see you." He admits quietly.
It hurts. It stings worse than my mates not needing me. It hurts worse because I know he means it and I know why. "D-do you hate me?"
His arm curls around me and I'm pulled into his embrace. I can't contain my sob as I snuggle into his chest and breathe him in. So familiar. So comfortable. So safe.
"I don't. I wanted to be selfish for awhile but I can't do that to you. You need me." He kisses my temple.
Heavy sobs wrack through my body so hard I can't breathe. I clutch him tightly. "I'm sorry I didn't try for you. I'm sorry I blamed you and left you. Please don't hate me. C-can you forgive me for always being selfish?"
"Shh..of course." He comforts me, brushing his fingers through my hair like he used to when I was little. When we only had each other. "It's okay. I'm not mad."
I peak up to see his expression. "H-how did you find me?"
His face tightens just a bit. "Taehyung is very powerful. There's really not much he can't do."
My eyes widen in fear. "He knows where I am? He found me?! Is he going to—"
"You really..." He cuts me off. "don't need to worry about Taehyung, Jimin."
Something about his tone peaks my anxiety. I sit up and rub my eyes. "Then what should I be worried about?"
It might be my imagination but I swear I can feel a blast or cold coming from him. It makes me shiver. Does he feel harder? The dark condemned house around us immediately seems much more sinister.
Looking back at him, his form seems to shift a bit unnaturally. I have the sudden urge to get up and run.
Jin's face reflects my abrupt fear. He frowns at me. "You aren't alone, Jimin. You need to run."
"W-what? But you're right here!"
He shakes his head. "Not really. Taehyung is projecting me to your location."
I gape at him. "But I feel you!"
His expression hardens. "That's because the body your holding and staring at isn't mine."
Before my eyes, Jin fades away and the body I thought was my hyung stands up slowly, a dark chuckle coming from him. "Too fun."
I stumble back in shock. Stepping into the light, I stare at the unfamiliar person in front of me. The man that just let me cry and snuggle into him moments ago in silence just listening...
He smiles and I see fangs. A vampire. Who? What? How? "Who are you?"
He shrugs. "Me? Who are you? You're invading my home, now aren't you? I'll let it go because you're a pretty and delicate little thing."
I shiver, sweat blooming on my skin. Run! Get out! He's going to drain and kill you!
He's blocking my way out.
I force my breathing to slow and my heartbeat to calm. Standing my ground, I glare at him. Strength. I need to be strong and not afraid. I can protect myself. I can't alway be saved. I have to learn to save myself.
"Brave little thing, aren't you?" His hand comes out to caress my cheek.
It takes everything in me not to flinch. "I'm mated."
He eyes me up and down. "That's not surprising, love, but tell me...where is this so called mate? He just let you run out and play anywhere? Shouldn't you have a leash?" Laughing.
Anger fills me. Along with defiance. "I don't need to be controlled or leashed."
"Is that right?" Fully enjoying himself as he sits himself back on the mattress, looking up at me with patience. "Maybe he just isn't doing it right. I'll take a crack at it. If done right, being controlled can be satisfying."
"How would you know anything about being controlled. Would you like it?" I spit.
"The little thing is full of fire."
"Why are you talking like I'm not here."
He rolls his shoulders. "Speakin' aloud, love. I like a spitfire." He clicks his tongue, licking his fangs. "I also enjoy breaking them down and putting them out. You did, after all,walk into my lair. Shouldn't you be punished, little thing?"
"I'm not a thing! And how was I supposed to know someone lived here? This place is a dump."
"That's not very nice."
I narrow my eyes. "And you're lying. You are dressed much too nice and smell too clean to be staying here. Why are you here?"
His eyes widen slightly with surprise, catching him off guard. He laughs again. "Maybe you aren't wrong." He pauses, choosing his words wisely as he looks at me. "I'm looking for something."
"Here?"
He nods, standing and dusting off his nice jeans. "I'm gonna assume the person you were talking to is coming for you, hm?"
I press my lips together, hesitating to reply. I honestly don't know but also don't know what to tell him.
"I was passing by when I heard you inside." He takes my silence as an answer and begins speaking again. "I heard the name...Taehyung." His eyes focus too intently on me. "Do you know where to find him, perchance?"
I frown. "Why are you looking for him?"
He sizes me up. "Personal."
"Then no."
"Ahh, so feisty and stubborn."
"So I'm told."
His lips twitch. "Your name is...Jimin?"
"And yours?"
His spread into a full smile. "Where's the fun in knowing my identity? It might spoil everything."
"Huh? What do you mea—"
He disappears. Just gone as soon as I blink. Without a trace.
The front door busts open and I hear many voices calling my name. I'm frozen in stunned silence as Yoongi and Jungkook attack me, embracing me tightly in their arms.
My eyes are still focused on the spot the mysterious vampire disappeared. Who was that? He didn't hurt me? He could have taken me if he wanted to...
"Baby, why did you leave us?" Yoongi growls, pulling me into a kiss. Jungkook takes me from him to kiss me as well.
I'm too distracted, staring at the third figure in the doorway. My heart surges as I connect my gaze with Jin's.
Hyung. I untangle myself from them and throw my arms around Jin and hold on for dear life.
"I never thought I'd ever be able to hug you again." I whisper.
His arms wind around me. "Same." He sounds tired but happy. "I've missed you, Minie."
I cry, clenching my eyes shut. "I've missed you, too."
And I have a feeling this won't be that last one I see that vampire.